[Not a Bug] Cospri's Malice Failing to Leech

"
mill3nia wrote:
"
Trejos wrote:
More I play my cospri's toon the more I'm convinced that leech problem is due to discharging without max charges. Using other cold spells is kinda similar because they do way less damage than discharge. Have to figure out a way to increase charge generation on single target and do some testing to be sure.
check my character out (SoberandIrrelevant) on my profile. made some changes running dual curse assmark/warlordsmark and put in BV/CoC on my Voll's, hitting bosses near max charges every hit, leech seems to be much improved.

Yep had a similar idea but I want to try to corrupt +3% crit essence crafted gloves with cast on crit implicit and use cyclone blade vortex fortify and pcoc/critstrikes. BTW how many blade vortex stacks u manage to acquire during a boss fight?
"
mill3nia wrote:
"
Trejos wrote:
More I play my cospri's toon the more I'm convinced that leech problem is due to discharging without max charges. Using other cold spells is kinda similar because they do way less damage than discharge. Have to figure out a way to increase charge generation on single target and do some testing to be sure.
check my character out (SoberandIrrelevant) on my profile. made some changes running dual curse assmark/warlordsmark and put in BV/CoC on my Voll's, hitting bosses near max charges every hit, leech seems to be much improved.

sounds good. that also means you do more dmg, because more leech = more dmg ?!
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
get ~6-8 stacks on a boss fight from what I see, and yea the leech seems much more consistent.
"
mill3nia wrote:
get ~6-8 stacks on a boss fight from what I see, and yea the leech seems much more consistent.

That moment when you play cospri's because you don't want to abuse BV and in the end of the day you have to use BV...
Ok.. Thanks GGG for making a t6 bull boss that reflects and doesnt leech.. so stupidly broken. I died twice at level 89? Really? Im a berserker with a cospri.. 100 percent leech and 2 percent leech inherent with Vaal pact. Really starting to hate this.. or some of the idiotic game mechanics that mean instant death from 8k es max res taste of hate and Atziri flask. Why the heck would you guys EVER make such a thing. So we can only play minion and totem builds? WTH
.. gimme a break.

On a side note.. even though you state nothing is wrong.. Leeching has seemed to improve abit over the last 2 days. In other news, you guys like to tout build diversity.. yet seeing map mods with no leeching and no hexing completely destroys curse builds and lets face it ALL melee ES builds even with vaal discipline that absolutely have to leech and leech properly. Even life based builds would probably have to be rolling with 3 to 5 instaflasks to survive with surgeon precision. Dying to a t6 bull at my level with NO time to react is pointless and game breaking. At this point i guess i'll just skip all bosses.. not a very fun play style at all and neither is losing 50 percent of leveling from what honestly should be only slightly challenging content. This is not a rant.. just simply stating the obvious. Thanks
Last edited by Tomorrowtech on Sep 15, 2016, 7:24:31 PM
also having this issue - using vaal pact, berserker pain reaver and cloaked in savagery
(vortex/glacial cascade - I sometimes use ice nova with same results)
random single rare in dried lake
first cleared all the mobs around it and then took some hits
video

random regular blues in dried lake
"
teol037 wrote:
also having this issue - using vaal pact, berserker pain reaver and cloaked in savagery
(vortex/glacial cascade - I sometimes use ice nova with same results)
random single rare in dried lake
first cleared all the mobs around it and then took some hits
video

random regular blues in dried lake

Im sure someone will argue reflect on voll.. however.. there is no leech at all.. just a consistent drain... sometimes i even think leech gets reversed... i dont think anyone has suggested this. But every once in awhile.. it "feels" like my leech is going the opposite direction. could be something in the code when a certain mod is on a rare.. it makes leech subtractive or not existent.
Last edited by Tomorrowtech on Sep 15, 2016, 7:38:19 PM
"
Tomorrowtech wrote:
But every once in awhile.. it "feels" like my leech is going the opposite direction.

In the video you linked, that was bleeding.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Tomorrowtech wrote:
But every once in awhile.. it "feels" like my leech is going the opposite direction.

In the video you linked, that was bleeding.

Yes.. indeed... but he is clearly not leeching through it at all.
@teol037 great videos, shows clearly a problem. I'm sure guys from GGG will explain that you have low dmg, rare monster had enormous resistance etc etc that's why you can't leech a thing... :/

I know I promised to record some videos yesterday, but didn't have time yesterday, unfortunately.

I agree with all what you have said above, including abuse of BV to workaround some leech problems by generating more charges per sec. Don't you think it's not fair? Why would I need to abuse that thing at all, what if I want to use other cold spells? There's clearly something wrong in the core design.

Regardless whether it's item design issue or dmg or whatever else, how are we supposed to create a build around that? You can't have 6L because it's a 3L, without effective leech it can be obliterated, removed from the game, money returned to Cospri. Of course that is my humble opinion, I'm not trying to offend anyone or convince that I'm right.

Take a look at BV meta, how does this thing fit here? I'm done, I have nothing else to say apart from the fact that I'm very disappointed that nobody officially admits design or implementation issues around this item.
Last edited by ojejku on Sep 16, 2016, 2:48:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info