Self found can use a bit of love

"
Jennik wrote:
Here's yet another reminder that every single one of the complaints in the OP still stands. The new patch fixed none of these issues.

Because SSF is an arbitrary ruleset used by players that isn't actually how the game is meant to be played. You can play that way if you want but it makes no sense for the developers to damage the integrity of how the game is supposed to be played to appease players who are deliberately ignoring certain features of the game.
ign: Quepha
"
Nykken wrote:
"
Jennik wrote:
Here's yet another reminder that every single one of the complaints in the OP still stands. The new patch fixed none of these issues.

Because SSF is an arbitrary ruleset used by players that isn't actually how the game is meant to be played. You can play that way if you want but it makes no sense for the developers to damage the integrity of how the game is supposed to be played to appease players who are deliberately ignoring certain features of the game.

How would any of it change anything for the casuals who shop their way through the game? Shoppers would feel no ill effects at all.
"
Jgizle wrote:

very low IQ.

You don't say? :P

I know they aren't THAT rare, but they are more rare than 6S, and 6S items gives a nice reward at vendors. And I know all about MF, and made several MF farmer over the years. And I've been playing for several years, and never saw a 6L drop - outside of certain stronbox mods. So I know how rare or not they are. That's the whole point of number 3; No matter how much IIQ you've got, 5L are still rarer than 6S, and even more useful, but you don't get shit for them at vendors.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Nykken wrote:

But when Chris goes public, saying that he doesn't want the difference between trading and SSF to be "that" big, some of us are stupid enough to get our hopes up.

We're not talking about huge drop rates or santa giving us unique items. We're talking about QoL improvements, and less factors denying us from content.

If Chris said "fuck SSF", then OK. But he didn't, but rather implying they'll try to facilitate the game towards both play styles.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Jennik wrote:
I understand that some players believe self found players should deal with literally any negative aspects of POE no matter what. Nothing should be changed to improve the game in respect to self found players, even if it improves the game as a whole. "You're self found; deal with it" is a common sentiment. I find that attitude elitist, insulting, and absurd.

There's plenty of room to create a version of POE we can all enjoy.

This might just be the most important part of your post. Changes which benefit the entire community should not be dismissed out of hand out of some misguided desire to "punish" those players who aren't playing the game "as intended."

I find it disappointing, though not at all surprising, that the lion's share of posters on the first page (and you guys know who you are) managed to miss this point completely. Perhaps in the thread at large as well, though I don't have the patience to read through the entire thing.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Oct 17, 2016, 12:27:30 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
but rather implying they'll try to facilitate the game towards both play styles.

BOTH
every point in the OP would be something that hurts normal play by reducing the need for an economy while providing marginal, if any, benefit for SSF players. I think the proposed gem changes would even hurt the SSF experience, what's the point of playing only with stuff you find if you want to remove the feature that creates the most variety in playstyles for SSF?
My biggest issue is being able to get enough Fusings to dump into my Chest, well-knowingly that I will NOT get a 5Link back, despite using nearly 200 every single league :^)

Just fucking fix that rng-fest, it's fucking terrible.

It used to be decent back when it was an actual challenge to get to maps, now we steamroll through the game and into maps, and are met with a new brickwall, gear-progression.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
It's unfortunate how many people reply to this who both have no understanding of self found play and who have crazy notions of how my suggestions would affect the game. Hopefully GGG groks it better than they do.

:(
"
Jennik wrote:
It's unfortunate how many people reply to this who both have no understanding of self found play and who have crazy notions of how my suggestions would affect the game. Hopefully GGG groks it better than they do.

anything is more likely than you admitting you are wrong.
"
Nykken wrote:
"
Jennik wrote:

anything is more likely than you admitting you are wrong.

No man. You're wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info