Self found can use a bit of love

The gem thing should be changed.

How about zana occasionally having a unique map for sale? Im not sure if she can spawn unique maps, never seen one
"
Wazz72 wrote:
+1 to OP, I too think the Atlas really fucked up SSF big time.

Maybe GGG will do something about it, but the only realistic expectation I hold is regarding unique maps drops ( they'll remove the adjacent rule at some point I bet, maybe even remove the link on the Atlas), other changes are likely here to stay, otherwise "you'll all be lvl 100 in no time, and we know you enjoy a longer grind"... /facepalm

She can give them as dailys, but she does not sell them. GGG made it even harder to get unique maps with the release of atlas, doubt they make it even easier then before with your suggestion.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Wazz72 wrote:
+1 to OP, I too think the Atlas really fucked up SSF big time.

Maybe GGG will do something about it, but the only realistic expectation I hold is regarding unique maps drops ( they'll remove the adjacent rule at some point I bet, maybe even remove the link on the Atlas), other changes are likely here to stay, otherwise "you'll all be lvl 100 in no time, and we know you enjoy a longer grind"... /facepalm

She can give them as dailys, but she does not sell them. GGG made it even harder to get unique maps with the release of atlas, doubt they make it even easier then before with your suggestion.

My suggestion would make them as easy as before Atlas, not easier... well ok 5% easier since map drops were buffed ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I know the OP is mostly about map-related issues, but the single biggest thing GGG could do for self-find is higher NPC vendor offers where appropriate. This is because the minimum cap on trade values is vendor offer while the maximum cap is perceived average crafting cost.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I gotta say after playing with the atlas for a bit , it is huge pain in the arse now to get things done. frankly the current drop rate doesnt really support exploring the tree at all.

the more you explore the more difficult it is to explore the rest and it feels like i get almost no maps.

I would love to play some of the cool new maps but ... i level out of the map tiers long before i can unlock them all.

id say there is a good chance i wont see 30of the maps on the atlas simply because id need to get about 10 - 20 of the connecting maps first. you dont even need 20 maps to level out of the tier 1 - 5 range on maps.... something needs to change here.

that i will concede to the op ... is fucked up a fair bit. trading gets around it somewhat but i feel there will be a bunch of early maps that most people give zero fucks about and will skip permanently .. which means even trading for them might actually be a pain in the arse.

Now i stand by my assertion that this game is not balanced and should not be balanced for self found... but at the same time ... some aspects of this atlas system suck... even when trade is roped into the equation.

They need to add a system to makes it easier to unlock over looked maps on the atlas.

I want to atleast try those t3 - t6s that are in between the 4 major start points. but i am not gona go out of my way to try them if the game is going to fight me tooth and nail to unlock them.

t3 - t5 maps simply arent worth that kind of effort and ggg needs >NEEDS< to understand that.

plus the current map drop rate feel very sparse .. we get higher tier maps ..and maybe its my rng but i feel like i get less maps over all now ..which again hurts exploration as i am much less likely to get that 1 map when the few maps i do get will probably just be for something ive done before.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 8, 2016, 7:40:31 AM
No, it doesn't. You chose to play SSF, you take the consequence.

How is Atlas screwing you any harder than RNG in item drops?

Gem availability is already too high, making gem drops worthless, for the most part.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
trading gets around it somewhat but i feel there will be a bunch of early maps that most people give zero fucks about and will skip permanently .. which means even trading for them might actually be a pain in the arse.

This is a very good point. Sure, people might be willing to sell you a few 1 alc maps now, but once everyone's gotten over the novelty of the atlas, you'll be lucky to find anyone who will try to sell those maps, or reply to your message if they do have some for sale.

Especially in standard or hardcore - who is going to switch leagues for a 1alc map? In HC league especially, you might as well be playing SSF for all the good trying to trade for low-level maps will do you. And for new(ish) players in Standard - if they do get to the atlas, what is their experience going to be like?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Sep 8, 2016, 8:07:09 AM
"
Perq wrote:
No, it doesn't. You chose to play SSF, you take the consequence.

Agreed. It's a choice we make. Nevertheless, it could use some love, exp regarding the Atlas mechanics. And this is the FEEDBACK forum...

"
Perq wrote:
How is Atlas screwing you any harder than RNG in item drops?

Read OP and other posts in this thread, you'll have your answer.

"
Perq wrote:
Gem availability is already too high, making gem drops worthless, for the most part.

Agree again, gem availability is so much better than when I started 2 1/2 years ago. A few gems are still a pita to get, but none of them are mandatory imho.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I have over 150 maps in my stash... I've never seen a tier 7 and have no tier 6's... I have 4 tier 5's. This is not cool at all. Getting very frustrated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info