Self found can use a bit of love

Yeah, the ways to get unique maps as a self found player are laughable. Chance a unique map or chance Skyforth? Not a real choice there. Spend all my chaos on Perandus and hope to get super lucky? No thanks. Self found players are just screwed on this, and anyone arguing otherwise is living in an alternate reality.
You didn't fix a goddamn thing. What the fuck, GGG?
I'm just so damn disappointed here. Every single shitty aspect of Atlas remains as shitty as ever. Every single annoyance that makes the game worse for everybody but truly fucks over self found players remains as shitty as ever. The game has regressed terribly of late, and not a single fucking step was taken to right its path.

GGG didn't drop the ball here. They never even picked the damn thing up in the first place.
noone cares about Self Found , it's a game based on trading .
This thread has been inundated by absolutely moronic comments from people incapable of comprehending even one single point that I've made. They simply can't wrap their heads around the fact that, while what I've proposed would greatly improve the game for self found players, it would simultaneously improve the game for every single person who plays.

I had hope that GGG were better than the mindless folk who kept replying with the same vapid comments over and over again. I no longer have that hope.
Last edited by Jennik on Nov 30, 2016, 12:01:00 AM
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Jennik wrote:
This thread has been inundated by absolutely moronic comments from people incapable of comprehending even one single point that I've made. They simply can't wrap their heads around the fact that, while what I've proposed would greatly improve the game for self found players, it would simultaneously improve the game for every single person who plays.

I had hope that GGG were better than the mindless folk who kept replying with the same vapid comments over and over again. I no longer have that hope.

Said you after posting same thing over and over again, insulting people for having an opinion or trying to discuss with you.

Ever thought that YOU might be the one who is not capable of comprehending anything people are saying, and because of that you are in constant loop anger and misunderstanding?

For one, if you stop being so aggressive and stop insulting people, you might look a little bit more serious and convincing, and not just mad and salty.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Holy shit, GGG! I just checked the list of updates at the bottom of the patch notes and saw this:

"
Unique Maps can now drop if you have completed their equivalent base type on the Atlas.

One down! Awesome! I also saw this comment from Rory over on the subreddit while doing my increasingly infrequent check of GGG staff post history:

"
With that in mind, we do want to add a gem vendor, or something that fulfills a similar role. It just won't be presented to you the first time you enter Lioneye's Watch on a new character. What form it takes is something that seems to be a perpetual topic of discussion in the office (Which is mostly why we haven't seen one just yet!).

That's a change of position from what I last heard a year or two ago, but definitely in the right direction. Please get the team together and figure it out in time for the next expansion!

And to the self found haters who are constantly stopping by to crap on this thread, please pay careful attention to these changes. These changes are amazing for self found players, as are all the suggestions I gave in this thread, but they are are also good for you. Don't let your distaste of self found play and self found players cloud your vision. We're not enemies. You don't have to fight us.

And GGG, there's still plenty left to do to make POE as great as it can be. These are changes that are obviously fantastic for everybody, so I have no idea if self found play is even on your radar, or if we were just given an incidental boost. Hopefully you're actually taking us into account now. Please make more changes like this.
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 2, 2016, 12:46:54 AM
"
Jennik wrote:

And to the self found haters who are constantly stopping by to crap on this thread, please pay careful attention to these changes. These changes are amazing for self found players, as are all the suggestions I gave in this thread, but they are are also good for you. Don't let your distaste of self found play and self found players cloud your vision. We're not enemies. You don't have to fight us.

I doubt people hate self found. I, personally, do not like the notion of changing stuff because of self found. If these changes improve self found experience without affecting normal gameplay, I'm a-ok with that.
That said, I also dislike the notion of making all gems available to any character. Gems are almost worthless already, since most of them are available in vendors. :C
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Jennik wrote:

I doubt people hate self found. I, personally, do not like the notion of changing stuff because of self found. If these changes improve self found experience without affecting normal gameplay, I'm a-ok with that.
That said, I also dislike the notion of making all gems available to any character. Gems are almost worthless already, since most of them are available in vendors. :C

I think Jennik is probably referring to the frequent knee-jerk reactions to improvements to the game which allow us not to have to trade for every little thing which are perceived as somehow the result of bitchings of the evil SSF club.

Robust vending which includes everything available to traders at a noticeably more expensive price will not damage the economy in any measurable way. And if the values are so low that people aren't willing to bother trading certain things because of easier availability, then that statement is even more true.

Let's spend less time trading low-value items and more time actually playing the game. Yeah!
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info