[2.4] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: RIP to GGG Designing for Xbox One

"
Qarl wrote:
The cooldown changes were primarily driven by performance concerns. The change intended was vs the rate of hitting. It was not aimed at Discharge.

We realise these uniques are not in the right place after these changes were made. The balance team (a combination of specific designers and QA) was under a reasonable pressure to pick a right answer for 2.5.0 in a short period of time. (For those looking to blame someone, feel free to assign it to me for putting undue time constraints on the balance team.)

From here, we may make changes to these uniques in upcoming leagues, or changes related to the mechanics around them. I am not sure exactly when this will occur but it's likely to be in the first half of 2017.

However, rebalancing every unique that is associated with a specific build is not something we want to do every three months. While we do make sufficient assessments ahead of time, we can't fully assess what a league's meta-game will look like. (And if we could it would likely mean we haven't made the game interesting enough.) Some item-centric builds will wax and wane with other changes. In some cases we may make the wrong call on changes to specific items.

We will not be making any changes to these cooldowns or related values within Breach league.

For Discharge specifically, we'd most like to see its primary use as a self-cast skill. We likely won't make any changes in this direction until 3.0.0.

From https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774087/page/16

So hopefully they will make Mjolner playable again in a few months after Breach. If they do, I will return to my attempts to make Low Life Mjolner viable, and if it's still a good build for endgame mapping then, I will resurrect the guide.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Mjolner is getting a much needed buff, it will be updated to have the following additional property:

Socketed Lightning Spells Deal 100% Increased Spell Damage If Triggered

This node will help to compensate for the penalty to triggered discharges, whilst improving the damage of arc substantially.

However, I highly doubt that this will be able to compensate for the nerf to the internal cooldown for triggered spells
The new change amounts to about a 25% damage increase for the build. Meaningless. Build will still not be playable and I will not be updating the guide.

Sorry.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE

LIVE! I COMMAND YOU!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info