The Carnage Mystery Box

I had a few drinks and kept opening boxes to the entirety of my Hydra pack points. I may have missed something so I'm filling in the rest with skin transfers because that's what it probably was. Here are my results. Admittedly I won big on two wings. Wanted the full Gore set and the Demon Hand Cleave, but it's also likely I should have quit around 25 or 30.

I took some liberties estimating the points for unreleased mtx effects, estimating low. Demonic Blade Vortex price is incorrect on the wiki.

Last edited by KappaSchiv on Sep 5, 2016, 3:13:45 AM
"
I keep saying this every time there is a new Mystery Box promotion: Until you give me some way to Trade in or at least delete any unwanted MTX you won't get a single dime out of me.

Make it so that you can trade in an unwanted MTX for 20% of the original purchase price and I will happily drop $$$ on these promotions.

This is about right. I'm done buying mystery boxes that aren't actually a mystery... y'know, cool, I got another (150+) Northern Light Effects even after all these months. I love using Northern Light Effects in town; Constantly.

I'm sorry gais.
"
Shinjuku wrote:
great you've got Minotaur Supporter pack for $500.. While lucky guys are posting on reddit their lucky Phoenix Supporter pack for $10.

10$ for Phoenix ? i dont understand ...can somebody explain=?
what does he mean by that?
"
Cajun82 wrote:
"
Shinjuku wrote:
great you've got Minotaur Supporter pack for $500.. While lucky guys are posting on reddit their lucky Phoenix Supporter pack for $10.

10$ for Phoenix ? i dont understand ...can somebody explain=?
what does he mean by that?

He was being sarcastic, beacuse of the hefty rng that's involved into the mystery boxes, and on top of all of the rng already existing in the game itself, he sarcasticaly said that given time, GGG will implement rng even into supporter packs themselves.
Last edited by WithinSelf on Sep 5, 2016, 6:39:26 AM
"
Alysma wrote:
This time I'd only really want the design of the box itself as a hideout decoration... large enough to cover the stash/guild stash - that would be awesome :-D

The box is sick. Saw the pic and was like where do i get that. Too bad.
hugest waste - never again. I have so many duplicates in my microtransaction tab that i cant even take my skins off....it wont give me more then 2 tabs....

This left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth.
So I don't want this to sound as critical as it will probably come across in text but this is one box I can safely ignore, all blood and guts themed. Now I'm not a prude or squeamish, bands I listened to back in the day include Slayer, Death, and Bolt Thrower regular metal too Maiden was right in my wheelhouse, saw them on tour for Powerslave best show ever. but I have kids and already can't play certain parts of POE (Lunaris temple or into-the-butthole (jk) er um Malachi's area forget the name) when they are awake, I don't want to put something on my character that I might have to explain when I'm in a less gruesome area. Not a huge problem I just wont get these boxes, before you say it: I know I can just not buy any. It's just that this particular box has literally -100% of anything I might ever want to put on my character, which also means that in the next however many months between this box and you guys putting all these MTX's in the store until the next themed mystery box (which is hopefully a little less gore themed), I will literally not have any new choices to spend my points on.

Not a problem? well actually I was thinking of upgrading from Hydra to the $440 pack to get the Phoenix armor (now that's some great looking armor) and because this game is just amazing and deserves support. But there's just no incentive when I know there wont be any new MTX's to spend points on. And it appears that this will be the situation for something like 6 months? (as i understand it correct me if I've got wrong info on how they work new MTX's into the store).

I'd like to propose a solution, put out a Steel mystery box or some alternative with highly realistic looking armor, or Dark Souls looking stuff, symmetrical shiny very little wear dirt or dents (smooth bump map) to the textures. Those I would be all over, and I would probably need more points, and I would get those by way of a higher supporter pack because that's the best value.

also count me as someone who hates the duplicates from these so much I bought 2 darkness boxes and stopped immediately. Why? Because I got duplicate darkness fireworks that I would drag to trash if there was a trashcan for the MTX stash. Just sharing my experience. it's cool if you like gore, I'm not judging.

Oh quick edit to add: that Juggernaut armor/helm? I want that in an MTX please
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Sep 5, 2016, 4:36:31 PM
"
Velocifero wrote:
hugest waste - never again. I have so many duplicates in my microtransaction tab that i cant even take my skins off....it wont give me more then 2 tabs....

One way to partly solve it is unsummoning pets to mtx tabs without enough space left (not enough space left on any of the existing tabs) - this will result in a new tab where you will find the unsummoned pets.
Last edited by Schiriki on Sep 5, 2016, 5:28:20 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
Are they called Mystery Box in the MTX tab? I bought a Carnage Mystery Box but cant find any by that name.

Mystery box was the previous box. I don't think you can get one anymore. If you bought a carnage box but can't find it you should contact support.

I bought another one just to figure it out and this one is also called Mystery Box. Dont know if its a bug or what. It probably is called the same but drops differently.

Ohh i see. In that case i stand corrected. I didn't know they had a different name there.
"
Velocifero wrote:

If you own any pets, you should summon them with a full MXT inventory. (as in, make sure you have no room to unsummon your pet, then unsummon it anyway)

It will force the game to create a new tab to put your pet into. The tab will stay permanently, even if it's empty afterwards.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 5, 2016, 6:19:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info