Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

Wow, I think 5% increase is too much. It is better to keep new mechanics with soft caps where players grind for content (not difficult but time consuming) instead of gear as happened in diablo 2. /sarcasm off.

It's worse than terrible I did hundred of maps these days I didn't get a single one of those I upgraded ...
"
Aynix wrote:
5% of 1% is 0.05% :x

lol mb I did 100/5
"
13aDa55 wrote:
I was so hyped since GGG claimed this expansion would improve the endgame, but from reading all the posts about the shitty map drop rate (they buffed it by 5%, yeah that's "a lot" and "will help"), I feel so disappointed. I was hoping that we could run red maps only once we have access to them and never see white, yellow maps again. "Endgame" in GGG eyes is running low level content (white and yellow maps) for days till 100, or until you get bored and reroll, such "fun" endgame.

So you just want endgame maps to pour down like rain, and never see any other maps again? WTF, you are seriusly playing the wrong game, and game type. Maybe try consoles, where its all easy mode, LOL.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
dude...why should they not fall easily..

If you can slaughter all tier 12s then how is it fun to have to play a 30+ tier 12s to get a few tier 13s

I don't know if you have even started looking at the atlas seriously..

Once you get to tier 10 you are done..NO MAP drop..

If you have them rain down like you said it will only do good things....the ppl that want to push will be happy and have fun challenging content to play...and then ppl that don't want to don't have to use them..

playing the same tier 9 and 10s is the worst way to play this game...the whole point is to play the highest tier 15 maps and if they don't rain down there is no way to do that!!

dude...why should they not fall easily..

If you can slaughter all tier 12s then how is it fun to have to play a 30+ tier 12s to get a few tier 13s

I don't know if you have even started looking at the atlas seriously..

Once you get to tier 10 you are done..NO MAP drop..

If you have them rain down like you said it will only do good things....the ppl that want to push will be happy and have fun challenging content to play...and then ppl that don't want to don't have to use them..

playing the same tier 9 and 10s is the worst way to play this game...the whole point is to play the highest tier 15 maps and if they don't rain down there is no way to do that!!

"
MasterAxe wrote:
playing the wrong game, and game type. Maybe try consoles, where its all easy mode, LOL.

Well, there isn't that many ARPG's out there, that doesn't let you play on level/top level content when you're build, gear and level is ready for it.

It's like every time someone asks for the possibility to test their builds against high level content, everyone screams "easymode". In my eyes, "easymode" is doing low level content over and over and over and over again.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
silverdash wrote:
Sustaining T3 maps is really hard for some reason. But then again I keep most of the Atlas locked because I do not want garbage maps like Phantasmagoria in my mappool.

Phantasmagoria is now a great map as they changed the boss. Just my 2 cents.

Also why are half the posts in here like doubled ?
"
leto2626 wrote:

Also why are half the posts in here like doubled ?

A forum error. Pops up now and then after submitting a post. Then, everyone feels the need to try the same post again, though the post were posted the first time.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Are these solo self found complaints? Because if it isn't your crazy.

So you run 100 tier 12 maps and get no tier 13 maps.

Player A takes loot/currency from completed tier 12 maps and buys Tier 13s.
Player B bitches the game sucks ass and makes forum posts how they are stuck in X tier.

Which player do you think is doing it right?

This game is based around trading. Every aspect of it. The only thing that can't be traded are shaper orbs and other "quest" items.

Why would the loot drop rates in this game be based around trading, but the map drops wouldn't be?

For some reason people get appalled at the thought of having to trade for a map. After playing POE for so long how can this still be a gripe?

You are meant to run dry at times. This forces "social interaction" and makes you get more maps. If they didn't do this, then players would go into full autismo mode and not speak to anyone at all after a certain point in the game.

The design is intentional. If you don't like that design, Diablo 3 says hello: Endless maps, rift grift grinding.

I used to struggle with this same concept. Diablo 3 has an easily accessible end game, but shit gearing. POE has a amazing gearing, but shit accessibility (SSF) to end game.

If I had to pick one it will always be the second one, but not everyone is like that...they THINK they are like that...but they aren't.

There should be no reason that you should feel entitled to maps, when you don't feel entitled to loot (i.e. a shavs in every players closet). Maps are gated just like other loot. You HAVE to trade for them at some point.
Last edited by Prizy on Sep 6, 2016, 5:56:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info