[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

While leveling in Turmoil and Mayhem, I have gotten 2x +1 chaos wands once I hit level 12. I use Bligh, Void and ED in one. Cont, Void and Arcane in the second. At level 18, I drop ED from the +1 links and try to get a 3L for it. I then link controlled destruction to Blight as well.

I haven't been getting a spell totem while leveling at all, so that saves me some headache until I have done the library quest at least. In Mayhem, I got a Tabula Rasa quite early on, and I linked Contagion, ED, Arcane Surge, Void Manipulation, Controlled Destruction, Faster Casting in it. Contagion with 2-3 damage supports can kill white mobs throughout the story. Once you get increased duration nodes in the passive tree, the Blight is what carries single target. It is only when I start mapping and actually care a bit more than all the enemies dies that I start focusing on ED with proper support gems.

Basically, just get all 3 chaos spells, get as many links as you can and focus your support gems on whatever skill you feel works the best for you at the time. Spamming Contagion/Blight has worked very well for me in 3.0.
Thx man, I feel like this build gonna be perfect for 3.1, learning the new maps and encounters!
mayhem is funh with this build,and finaly 6 linked my chest ,and ress caped with bisco collar and leash,so pretty eazy so farm,ed is only 10k dps,but it works so far for me
"
shumi82 wrote:
mayhem is funh with this build,and finaly 6 linked my chest ,and ress caped with bisco collar and leash,so pretty eazy so farm,ed is only 10k dps,but it works so far for me

A bit 2 slow for mayhem strongboxes also no freeze for mobs.
Unless you running in a full bitchboy group.
"
Oilure wrote:
"
shumi82 wrote:

A bit 2 slow for mayhem strongboxes also no freeze for mobs.
Unless you running in a full bitchboy group.

"Too slow for mayhem."

Hey Nedieth,

great performance, good luck winning the race!

I am mostly amazed how you do not die at all with this build. I have never died this much before during the campaign. Maybe my playstyle is too aggressive for a caster.

At which point do you incorporate Shield Charge (Fortify) and the defensive curse into the setup? This implies ditching the +1 chaos wands and may require Siosa. Do you make these a priority or do you add them when you have extra sockets? I usually skip Siosa and fix my gems in act6.

By now my survival with some basic gear is ok, though I probably play lower map tiers than I would aim for without this Breach insanity. On that point: Do you bother picking up Splinters?

My main cause of death appears to be ED not triggering even though I certainly hit the button. Is there any reason why it doesn't go off sometimes? From my understanding it should be impossible to stand in the middle of 30 mobs, press both Contagion and ED (after another) and still stand in the middle of 30 mobs. Is there a cast time, some delay between spells, can ED be interrupted or miss? Or can this only be lag?

Last question: How did you aquire your 5L Perfect Form with its 3 off-color sockets? 5L first or colors first with the Vorici trick?

Thank you.

When it comes to transitioning from wand to dagger, I vary a lot in what I do. In mayhem, I swapped to dagger once I managed to craft
, so pretty late. I used a +1 chaos wand I got at level 5 or so all the way to maps. Other times, I hit a good essence of woe on a dagger early on and go shield charge after visiting Siosa.

While leveling I prioritize library quest very much. Blashpemy Temp. Chains is in my opinion the reason why I manage to stay alive, and I really feel the pressure in hexproof maps even fully geared and flasked. In both recent races, I have ascended with Weave the Arcane, which gives me enough mana to use both Arctic Armour and Blashpemy while being MoM for quite a few levels.

The last point you make is the biggest headache of not being Low Life. You simply get stunned. A lot... In the video I post below, I really struggle with stuns against a few packs slowing me down considerably. ED needs to be played very similarily to SRS. Movement and positioning is everything. It seems like my movement is pretty good, considering the fact that I am still alive, so you might try to look at how I weave through packs for some pointers.

For my perfect form, I spam 6S, get the 5L, then do 1B at Vorici for the colours. Google chromatic calculator if you don't know about it.

Racecourse double beyond strongboxes in Mayhem:
https://youtu.be/uObjSYgfRnY
"
Nedieth wrote:

The last point you make is the biggest headache of not being Low Life. You simply get stunned. A lot... In the video I post below, I really struggle with stuns against a few packs slowing me down considerably. ED needs to be played very similarily to SRS. Movement and positioning is everything. It seems like my movement is pretty good, considering the fact that I am still alive, so you might try to look at how I weave through packs for some pointers.

For my perfect form, I spam 6S, get the 5L, then do 1B at Vorici for the colours. Google chromatic calculator if you don't know about it.

Racecourse double beyond strongboxes in Mayhem:
https://youtu.be/uObjSYgfRnY

Thanks for the quick and thorough reply.

So I'm finally a stun-victim, thanks for pointing that out. My previous chars all had some countermeasure so I never really noticed how important that is. Unwavering Stance is 9 nodes away and we probably don't want to lose the evasion either for we don't have (instant) leech.
Maybe Kiara's flask as a solution? Boot enchant? I prefer Enfeeble over Temp Chains (tried both on multiple chars), does either have a bigger impact on avoiding stuns?

The big difference I see in your vid is that vs strongboxes you can "simply" Shield Charge out of the packs and have all the mobs on one side whereas in a Breach I'm constantly surrounded. Well, not constantly, but in the beginning. Do you prefer Strongboxes for that reason or are they more effective in general? I'm so bored of Breaches..

One thing I noticed is that you may use an inefficient route. I have learned to run Racecourse like an 8. So you start clockwise (or counter-clockwise, doesn't matter) until you hit the stairs, enter the second lap, go clockwise again until you get to the arena. Enter that, kill the bosses, go back and I suppose the rest is obvious. Is there a reason to not do that?

About the Perfect Form, well, I'm just afraid of running out of chromes long before hitting the colors, I know the calculator but thanks anyway.
I know my route is a bit inefficient in racecourse, but I tend to leave a couple of enemies, especially beyond uniques. Getting flanked by one on my way back is not very nice, so I opt to end at the bosses instead. Weaving back and fourth also helps keeping enemies in range so that the DoTs doesn't get dispelled before as many enemies as possible are dead.

The boot enchant is very nice obviously, and was extremely good while we still traveled all the way down to heart of oak. I just find it hard to prioritize the boot enchant considering how strong the 2% HP/mana regen is for Tricksters. Kiara's is another option, and if it wasn't for the useless duration and 1 use, I would use it for sure. From time to time, I am tempted to just go Occultist and use Presence of Chayula.

For now, Soul of the Brine king upgrade + flask with stun recovery is my middle road for me. Still extremely annoying to get the cast canceled, but at least I am able to move again quickly.

EDIT: Forgot the curse bit. Enfeeble is extremely nice, especially considering it's synergy with evasion. Running Enfeeble will result in you getting stunned for shorter periods, but you will also get hit more often. I guess the choice in curses boils down to personal preference.
Last edited by Nedieth on Nov 29, 2017, 1:46:07 PM
Damn, what got you?

"
Nedieth wrote:
From time to time, I am tempted to just go Occultist and use Presence of Chayula.

I would've thought the currency cost is the only problem with it. Do we lose EHP by converting some HP into ES? Or is it a regeneration issue? I mean, HP does regen while ES doesn't in combat.

"
For now, Soul of the Brine king upgrade + flask with stun recovery is my middle road for me. Still extremely annoying to get the cast canceled, but at least I am able to move again quickly.

Which flask provides that? I have the same setup that you run (Staunching, Heat, Warding, Reflexes and Adrenaline).

"
EDIT: Forgot the curse bit. Enfeeble is extremely nice, especially considering it's synergy with evasion. Running Enfeeble will result in you getting stunned for shorter periods, but you will also get hit more often. I guess the choice in curses boils down to personal preference.

Looking at the numbers, I'm quite sure that Enfeeble provides more mitigation and (obviously) better one-shot protection in a situation where you just face-tank.
However Temp Chains has the unique benefit of winning us those shootouts where the party that fires first, wins. Like opening 3 Strongboxes.. either they all gun you to death or you get off Cont + ED before that. I would love both but you already said that we'd be in Occultist territory by then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info