[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
Nedieth wrote:
Other than damage from gems/links, passive tree and shield/weapon, there isn't many substantial sources of damage. When you start feeling ED alone doesn't cut it any more, you can start supplementing with Blight. See if you can fit Allelopathy in the glove slot.

Which bodyarmor is your favorite?
I ask because to me it seems like cherub's is really powerful, because a ton of mitigation with its high armor/evas ... of course perfect-form has really nice evas and arctic armor+30% spell dodge, but it feels like mitigation(armor) is just more reliable?

And then of course the added 80% chaos damage seems really strong too....

I don't know which armor I should be trying to get as 6L to be honest :) I want to push guardians bossses next, would you recommend cherub or perfect form or 3rd one?
If I was to choose again this league, the choise would be much harder between cherrubim's and perfect form. I still think perfect form is superior to cherry in terms of defence. Artic armour really is godlike while channeling blight now that all bosses can be chilled as well. You lose out on some damage, but it's still the better item for us. If you want the damage from cherry, you are not making a mistake, but I still feel that the perfect form is the better choice.

To sum it up, I think the perfect form is the better choice for hardcore, but for softcore, you are free to choose.
Perfect Form is the best option for softcore too.

After playing two ED characters this league (an Ascendant and an Occultist - both lowlife) I am trying your Trickster version and it has a very smooth gameplay and a nice leveling ramp-up.

Since Blight has become a sort of filler for us (in the same way as Mind Flay is for Shadow Priests in WoW) we have to optimize the defensive arsenal while standing still. So the synergy between Temp Chains and the good evasion from PF is amazing, and Tukohama's pantheon, coupled with AA, helps a lot while channelling. Phase Acrobatics is a bonus which becomes handy in maps with a lot of casters (especially sparkers).

At the moment I am still in the leveling process (currently 89) and I killed all guardians and Shaper easily. Still have to try Uber Atziri when I get a full mortal set.

For general mapping I am GREATLY enjoying this amulet:

it's extremely underrated, it costs near to nothing and it's probably our best in slot for farming purposes.
The Aylardex is indeed really good. If we were able sustain the power charges on longer boss fights as well, I would make an additional effort to fit it for sure. With my current character, I don't have enough dexterity to swap my amulet. When you can, The Aylardex, Bisco's and a well rolled rare are all interesting in their own way.
"
Nedieth wrote:
The Aylardex is indeed really good.

I'm 90 and looking to try the guardians now. It's my first time playing POE starting this league on HC with friends and I love the build guide you've made. So far i've not used blight at all, although I have the gloves ready in my stash.

Since I've zero experience with any bosses and every boss has been a first-time occurance, I've felt really safe being able to solely rely on ED and standing as far as possible from the boss to learn/look at what he does. I feel like I'd wanna try same approach with the guardians, so my question now comes;

Do I have the DPS without blight, to take down guardians you think?
Here's a snippet of my POB stats:

And with that comes my 2nd question, do you think considering my playstyle without blight, that instead of trying to get Perfect Form, I should get a cherub? the extra damage would seem really good for me relying solely on ED. And perhaps if I can afford also the breathe of council maze? although my dagger really is something I love, because it allows me whirling blades that I prefer over shield charge (and it has 70% spell damage, so its not that far from breathe of council?)

I also have the full scion life-wheel, which I could remove a few and move to more spelldamage..

Breath of the Council is literally insane because the extra duration it provides is very good for the Wither totem and Arcane Surge uptime.

Is your PoB damage calculation including 20 wither stacks or one stack only?

Blight really helps with the Guardians' DPS btw. If you play a life based Trickster, you get to a point where you feel you lack single target when compared to a low life Occultist (or Ascendant), so Blight is there to fill that gap.

And yes - if you are going for the "no blight" playstyle, Perfect Form is half wasted (phase acrobatics is still good for those ranged casters), so you'd rather go for a DPS armour like Skin of the Loyal or Cherrubim's.
Last edited by djnat on Oct 25, 2017, 8:15:09 AM
"
djnat wrote:
Breath of the Council is literally insane because the extra duration it provides is very good for the Wither totem and Arcane Surge uptime.

Is your PoB damage calculation including 20 wither stacks or one stack only?

Blight really helps with the Guardians' DPS btw. If you play a life based Trickster, you get to a point where you feel you lack single target when compared to a low life Occultist (or Ascendant), so Blight is there to fill that gap.

And yes - if you are going for the "no blight" playstyle, Perfect Form is half wasted (phase acrobatics is still good for those ranged casters), so you'd rather go for a DPS armour like Skin of the Loyal or Cherrubim's.

Everything is default settings, so i guess 1 stack or 0? i don't know how PoB works by default but I didn't change any setting ;P
So I have that Aylardex amulet. How does this build get power charges. I don't think I have ever got any. I am clueless though and my build is gimped, working on fixing that.
"
Noctide wrote:
So I have that Aylardex amulet. How does this build get power charges. I don't think I have ever got any. I am clueless though and my build is gimped, working on fixing that.

Trickster gets power charges while mapping thanks to the Swift Killer ascendancy.

@oestergreen: if you keep the default settings, then Wither stacks should be set to 1.
I have always liked your approach to learning bosses as well, Oestergreen. A few pointers to keep you safer though:

Chimera is safer at mid range. There you can watch what he does and circle him safely.
Phoenix can be left off screen some, but he should also be kept in vision so you can watch out for cyclone/explosion.
Hydra should be kept on melee range always. Once she turns to face you, walk behind her. Her splitting arrow is lethal at range.
Minotaur is ok to leave as long as you have sound on. If you do not hear his burrow sound, prepare to get rekt.

This is a video where I do Shaper with what I would call low DPS that should easily be obtainable. 35k ED tooltip, 7kish Blight. Just so you can see how it plays out with a suboptimal setup by including blight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FSx5dF9loE

Other than that, it is safe to listen to djnat. He knows his shit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info