[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Blue mobs are so annoying with ED. Fuck.

You can see my setup - character ASunRiseEDTrickster. Damage wise it's rather unimpressive for Red Maps already. Given I can go ES or get more Life but still I die rather well with 2 Curses and Stone Golem up (who dies 10 times per map). ED got severe indirect nerfs in 2.5 (map mods for curses, poison, chaos res, buffs to white-blue mobs, etc). I wouldn't recommend rolling it to anyone.

sourtimer, add Witchfirebrew Flask, GG Rolled Jewels or more damage on the Tree. Oh and Vaal Lightning Trap! Pretty sure damage will still be lacking, specially after your flask runs off. ED was best in 2.4 (with introduction of great items like Dying Sun or Voidwalker) during Essence League, now it's weaker than ever.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 14, 2016, 9:56:02 PM
"
Nedieth wrote:
In terms of raw DPS, dual wielding > Bow + soulstrike > Consuming Dark + shield > Decay wand. This is assuming you are able to stand still and spam ED.

My personal favourite right now would have to be Consuming Dark + Breath of the Council. My recomendation is still decay wand and a shield. It is the best all-round setup. When you want to switch things up again you can invest in all the different kinds of weapons then. The bow is really nice, but you get locked to that setup as it reqs the ED link in the bow and other links in the body armour. Getting 4G or 3G1R in ES chests is hard enough without swapping around for different playstyles.

The bow version is still one of the strongest versions of the build, but you get stuck with it.

Alright. The likelyhood of me getting a +1 bow is pretty low so getting another dagger with decay(or a mace? not sure which is better), and consuming dark would be easier.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

You can see my setup - character ASunRiseEDTrickster. Damage wise it's rather unimpressive for Red Maps already. Given I can go ES or get more Life but still I die rather well with 2 Curses and Stone Golem up (who dies 10 times per map). ED got severe indirect nerfs in 2.5 (map mods for curses, poison, chaos res, buffs to white-blue mobs, etc). I wouldn't recommend rolling it to anyone.

sourtimer, add Witchfirebrew Flask, GG Rolled Jewels or more damage on the Tree. Oh and Vaal Lightning Trap! Pretty sure damage will still be lacking, specially after your flask runs off. ED was best in 2.4 (with introduction of great items like Dying Sun or Voidwalker) during Essence League, now it's weaker than ever.

You have taken 0/3 of our major damage clusters (corruption, atrophy and method to the madness), and you have pretty much zero mitigation and low life rolls on your gear. With a build like essence drain you don't kill stuff instantly, and need at least something besides a dual curse setup to keep you alive. Other than an unfortunate meeting with Uul-Netol, I experienced none of the issues you have on my ED league starter this league, even while I was on a 5L in t15 maps.

Oh, and on blue packs, you just apply ED, press abyssal cry, and move on to do other stuff. that pack is dead.
"
Nedieth wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

You have taken 0/3 of our major damage clusters (corruption, atrophy and method to the madness), and you have pretty much zero mitigation and low life rolls on your gear. With a build like essence drain you don't kill stuff instantly, and need at least something besides a dual curse setup to keep you alive. Other than an unfortunate meeting with Uul-Netol, I experienced none of the issues you have on my ED league starter this league, even while I was on a 5L in t15 maps.

Oh, and on blue packs, you just apply ED, press abyssal cry, and move on to do other stuff. that pack is dead.

I have Fortify, IC, Golem's Taunt and regen for mutigation. Not only 2 curses. Well with ES it should be much better, but still.

I already get TONs of damage from Tree. I can't be pigeon-holed into taking even amore. Besides Atrohpy and Method to the Madness are inefficient clusters, specially Method. I use 35% damage jewel and plan to grab Corruption and use few more 35+% jewels. Well, planned, because all ED is good for is running good layout non-red maps for EXP.

Abyssal Cry will increase speed of first mob dying or how exactly it will work? Blow up everyone after I killed one mob in a chain? How I support it?

Tell me more about your experience in this signle 2 easy mods blue T15 map you ever run, please. Given you don't even have poison or Witchfire or Empower, I think you are kind of boasting quite a lot. Seriously though - versus bosses, there is a very little regen and curses are nerfed to Hell, even with 10k ES pool, it should be pretty sketchy.

Wait, Dual Wielding Delirum weapons will double decay? :o
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 15, 2016, 1:07:14 AM
@Nedieth
Hi,

thanks for your previous answer regarding my gem setup. If you have time, could you please look at my character and passive tree? RadicalDrain - (https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ive0607/characters).

I struggle with the sheet dps on my ED (specifically the dot), I see in your original post that you have like 60k dot and mine is hardly 28k. I know I don't have a lot spell dmg on my gear and my gems were recently flipped so I'm waiting to ding 20/20 and hopefully 21/20 ED and but I don't see how I can reach number like 60k. I know you run low life but even that would put me in like 40k ish bracket.

Can you please check what I could change maybe? The idea behind my gear and passive tree is a lot of hybrid life - 8050 atm.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ive0607 on Dec 15, 2016, 3:33:01 AM
https://youtu.be/GmhAn6OxW0M
Here is a tier 15 map for you Sun. Sadly I didnt have any of the maps with a proper boss lying around, so courtyard it is.

@Ive0607: level 21 ED is another 10%ish, so nearly 31k, level 4 empower instead of pierce is another 10% ish, so at 34k now. level 21 supports is 2% more per gem, so that should get you quite close to 40k. The DPS in hideout past 30k ish is just a little quality of life to be honest, unless you are going for shaper/guardians.
Loving the build so far.

I'm in the process of searching for a 6L ES chest on Breach HC and its been a nightmare so far. I've been debating whether or not to switch straight to LL and go for a shavs, but to be honest I really like the chaos immunity from CI within the breaches.

I've been able to do T13s and T14s with ease so far but I dont really want to make the push any higher until I get a 6L and some better gear. I'm also 0/3 (all back to 19) on ED gem corruption. Next item I'm thinking of dropping is the rainbowstrides and improving my jewels.

Question. I am newer to the game and not 100% on all affix/suffix mechanics. If I want to find a wand with say, 70+ innate spell damage, with the innate spell damage and then an affix of spell damage, but it still have room available on it to be enchanted and have a delirium applied, what exactly do I need to look for in a base wand ?
"
Nedieth wrote:
you forgot your actual ED link, but based on the rest of the gear, I am guessing you are running a 5L. We don't really get much damage from gear, and it it only at extremely high budgets that we can start to fit spell damage rolls on shield and chaos damage on rings comfortably into the setup. Right now, you would probably notice a pretty nice increase in damage if you swap for a decay weapon. another thing you can consider is to grab the projectile damage nodes at the start of ranger at the expense of some energy shield elsewhere. I also dont know what flasks you run, but a nicely rolled witchfire brew + a sulphur flask is easily over 150% increased damage with witch flask nodes. Other than that we just have to accept that the damage output of ED is rather static, and some boss kills simply takes a few seconds.

Alrighty thanks. I've changed a few things, added a CD ring and switched to a decay wand - along with a sulpher+witchfire which I already had, it's made a good improvement. I'd like to six link my shavs, but not ready to plunk down all the currency on fuses yet. I'm hearing it's generally in the area of 800-1000 to get one reliably ?

That would almost clear me out of ex. haha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info