[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

How strong is Arc Trapper at doing Uber Lab?

Cause if it is comparable to ED/blight build, why would you ever play ED? :(
I've finally got a deathless uber elder kill! It took me 191k on hideout ED tooltip and also some luck. However, this is my 1st deathless UE ever. Actually this ED guy is by far the strongest, the fastest and the tankiest of all chars I ever had and is the best of them in like every aspect of the game. I only wonder how good must be that arc trapper if everyone says its plain better)

Nedi, I see that you've completed a lot of league challenges. Can you give an advice on how to kill Minotaur without being slammed? If i'm on the same screen with him he slams. If i'm offscreen he burrows and stays invisible until i come closer. Then he comes out and slams. Those slams have huge aoe and duration so he just covers the whole arena with them if i keep moving. How do i not being hit by that?
@Fortran, dodges does not count as being hit, so during one of my kills, I had face tanked him to quite low health before my flasks had run out completely. I then just stayed a bit more defensive and manually dodged the rest of his slams as I saw his slam animation starting. Arctic Armour + Temporal Chains makes it much easier to dodge stuff like that even against guardians/Shaper.

@H_Espenheim, at the start of a league, as long as ED has not gotten major overhauls, you know for sure that this build will be able to clear up to higher red tier maps quite comfortably with just a 5-10c investment (unless you play a LOT on day one and need Allelopathy 5-10 hours into the league). I started out playing my Arc trapper with a +1 corrupted Skin of the Loyal and never tried a low economy version of the build at all. A "budget" trapper for me at this point is a 10-20ex character, and was not a build I want to start a league with without any prior information on how strong the reworked abilities would really be.

If Arc remains unchanged, which I doubt, I will most likely start the next league with an Arc trapper as it simply scales better than ED once you are past the first couple of days of the league where ED truly shines.

As an Uber Lab runner it is "fine". I play a MoM version, so it is pretty resilient in traps. To force hard modes on Izaro it is very volatile, and it is easy to accidentally kill a lieutenant for instance.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jul 11, 2018, 4:59:30 PM
Hi Nedith, is there any specific guide for your arc trap character?
Thanks!
No, but the idea is pretty simple: Get good stuff for a lightning based trapper without using too many uniques.

For me, that meant gloves with a +1 trap mod, a weapon with solid damage and a high attack speed roll, and then as a bonus something that increases the damage of Lightning Spire Trap.

Beyond that, it is just a MoM character with Phase Arco. Get additional dodge and maybe some mana regen if you can fit it. Regeneration for life is sorted through the Sab ascendancy, so mana regen is a huge quality of life and survival boost.

There are a lot of strong ring setups. I opted for the Essence Worm with Wrath over Mark of the Shaper + elder/shaper ring to make the setup cheaper. Fill in resists, life and mana on everything.

Now you are ready to hold the Arc button and watch everything get completely destroyed.
Why are folks reserving 35-70% of their mana on a MoM build? Other builds (not ED) use CWDT for their curses and that seems like it would work here as well.
As long as i get to somewhere around 35-40% of available mana to HP ratio, I don't mind reserving some. It is a valid point that a CWDT Temp. Chains or even a CWDT, BV, CoH, Temp. Chains would work just fine.

Throughout the iterations of this build, I have had plenty of manual and CWDT curses. I have never been comfortable playing without the safety of the Temp. Chains on a DoT build though. There is so much that needs to happen before enemies die and our regen kicks in, so I'd sacrifice a few hundred EHP any day to keep that initial safety.

Temp. Chains Impresence in 3.4. Let's do it!
there's something i don't think i understand about this build. Blight, how do you combine it with essence drain properly while fighting bosses? do i cast blight and not ed? do i cast ed and use blight for the spreading rot jewels damage bonus? because in the videos, i see ed and then blight, but that would make no sense because ed and blight damage dont stack, and the blight damage would become useless beacuse you would be using it only for the spreading rot bonus. How does that work? :/
ED and Blight stack as far as I know. The fact that enemies die extremely fast by doing an ED then a little tap with Blight combo is evidence enough for me.

So effectively, we first apply ED as our main map clearing ability. You then need to consider if the enemy will die before he leaves the active enemy range. If not, go channel Blight for as long as needed. For most enemies in maps, this is just a tap of Blight to activate Spreading Rot.

When we get to the tankier enemies, we need to channel Blight for longer. After 2-3 seconds, the Spreading Rot damage bonus is lost, and we can choose to pop Vaal Blight in order to maintain it to reach peak DPS.

Then we also have Wither Totem, but using that takes more effort, and in many situations you could just drop it completely if you don't mind severely cutting down on your peak DPS possible after channeling spells for 3-4 seconds.
Heartbreaker (and even Divinarius) are both solid choices for ED now with the new vaal mods.

If you hit one of these

- (50–60)% increased Damage over Time
- (50–60)% increased Spell Damage

you have a 120% spell damage dagger with decent attack speed, way cheaper than a crafted sai.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info