[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Seems nothing helpful for ed build this league. Also just also no reason to avoid arc totem build...
Seems nothing helpful for ed build this league. Also just also no reason to avoid arc totem build...
For the first time since... prophecy(?), I will not do an ED league starter. I have limited time to play this time around, so I'll start a character that can scale from SSF league start to comfortable Uber Elder farm. The choice is either a saboteur or a totem character, but I think I'll remake my Indigon quad totem character for the third time. A post explaining how that build works can be found here (not a complete guide):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2126807

I'll update this thread if there are interesting uniques available, but for now it is the same as it has been for all of 3.x.
do you think this build could apply to a toxic rain build?
I would make a more specialized build for Toxic Rain. The DoT component does not seem that impressive on it to me (about 1/4th of ED at gem level 20). I would focus on scaling flat phys and hopefully adding some poison to it as well instead.
"
Nedieth wrote:
For the first time since... prophecy(?), I will not do an ED league starter. I have limited time to play this time around, so I'll start a character that can scale from SSF league start to comfortable Uber Elder farm. The choice is either a saboteur or a totem character, but I think I'll remake my Indigon quad totem character for the third time. A post explaining how that build works can be found here (not a complete guide):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2126807

I'll update this thread if there are interesting uniques available, but for now it is the same as it has been for all of 3.x.

For the first time since Warbands, I will totally skip this league, sadly. I'll read the forums every now and then, but the complete lack of love for ED in the last patches has literally demolished my hype for PoE. And I don't like the current state of spellcaster builds at all, to be honest; Arc was insanely overpowered in Incursion and there was no reason to play a different skill, because every skill was worse, and by a large degree.

Maybe a league of "pause" will make my passion for this game come back, but I don't know, I am not so sure of that.

Have fun with Delve, I will always follow the ED gurus!
Here's to hoping there will be more love for ED and CI next league!
Little later, but I have to express my appreciation for this build. It was my only build in the Incursion and I had much fun with it. During the leveling, I was not much impressed (may be due to lack of experience), but later it was very powerful.

Just a Contagion, one Essence Drain and the screen is clear :D
Sometimes it surprised me that it chained to multiple screens away, I do not know what caused it.

At first, I started with similar build here on the forum, but after a while started following yours for more DPS, which I focused mostly to maximize as possible with my budget. I am not much into selling found items, so I mostly gather currency and buy stuff, upgrade it myself or craft.

My setup:
Spoiler

Jewels:
2x unique Spreading Rot, unique Clear Mind, 2 abyss jewels (life, dmg over time, avoid bleed)

Prepared for swap:

Skill tree

I bricked own 6l Cherrubrim in the Temple (+1/+2 to gems would be blast). The Unholy Might is useless on the dagger, but added damage makes for it, same for +2 auras on the armour. I didn't have balls for corrupting Breath of the Council that I got and was not able to buy another with high chaos damage for try in the Temple.
Also did many runs in Uber Lab for getting the right enchant - no success.
I also opted to use the Dream Fragments ring, so I didn't have to bother about freeze and chill anymore (though it took one slot).

Thank you for making the Incursion fun for me :)

Edit: added jewels and link to the tree.
Last edited by Zero202 on Sep 2, 2018, 6:26:18 AM
Im new to PoE and was wondering what the difference is between this build and
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254

Looking to start the new Delve league with one of these and wondering what would be best for clearing all the content in the game
@Zero, thanks for the post. Even though I am not happy with the current state (or lack of changes to the current state) of ED, it is nice to see that there are some people who still enjoy the build. It is by no means a weak build, and it feels as rewarding as ever to play.

@Sh0uji, the main difference between my build and Ghazzy's build is that he focuses the early league, while I include options for a higher budget as well.

Also, when he recommends something for a higher budget, it is mostly to maximize the damage of the ED DoT without much regard to defenses, combination of skills or quality of life increases. I try to balance my build a bit more around some layered defense as well as focusing more on Blight for single target DPS. As a result, my build is generally more tanky as well as reaching higher peak DPS than Ghazzy's build. His build on the other hand could be considered easier to play and understand with a more singular focus on ED.

Regardless of what guide you choose to follow, they provide similar results. The main difference for a new and low budget player is the choice of support gems in the Allelopathy gloves. I would advice you to give both my setup as well as Ghazzy's a try to find out what suits you best. You can then mix and match as you see fit between the guides as you learn more about ED. No matter what guide you choose, you will get a highly functional character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info