[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

"
Thanarchy wrote:

Disfavour / 6L Dome = "Garbage gear", ok :)

Well, I mostly meant in relation to people that had spent a LOT of currency on their gear like the corrupted vulnerability gloves, legacy voidheart, Devoto's with 40% increased AW enchant, Steel rings....etc. I kinda consider a 6L chest and Disfavor as the entry level equipment to the "final" build.

But still, yeah - I started out with a Tabula and a Kaom's and worked my way up. It worked pretty good for maps up to t7 even with that.

And I am pretty proud of getting to a Disfavor and 6L Brass Dome so I agree with your point - garbage is a little harsh!

"
ChazReinhold wrote:

I have gone back to face breakers, I just could not use the 2H Warchief build, wasn't suited to me personally, I am not sure? But anyway my totems are back up over 300k each

Hmm - sorry you didn't figure out the issue. Your gear and gems are obviously very good so it doesn't appear to be a gearing issue. Were you using Conc effect? In my H/O with conc effect, Hatred, Flame Golem & Herald of Ash I see a tooltip of 123k dps. It's 78k or so with AoE instead. I've not looked at what it is with flasks and Vaal Haste popped. But I would be VERY surprised given your gearing if you were below that.

However, I know GornoDD has stated all along that the DPS tooltip is not the be-all end-all with this build as so much of the damage is "hidden" such as bleed and poison.

Anyway, at least you are back to a build you are happy with :)

Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Feb 25, 2017, 2:13:16 PM
Guys how to manage with dying totems?
IGN: DarkMorgana PinkMorgana
is there an update for 2.6 coming? seems like a great league starter, and especially in a call back league. And wondering what of the legacy uniques that are up for grabs could make a good addition here!. Thanks heaps for the build mate.

"
Stingerer wrote:
is there an update for 2.6 coming? seems like a great league starter, and especially in a call back league. And wondering what of the legacy uniques that are up for grabs could make a good addition here!. Thanks heaps for the build mate.

I guess he will update the tree if the new 2.6 passive tree affects the build. I don't think the "build" will change much in 2.6 unless the Area of Effect balancing requires on in some way. However since we don't grab too much AoE I don't think it will affect us too much.

I'm not too sure about what legacy uniques will be included. I guess a legacy Lightning Coil could be fairly good. I suppose it could give enough physical mitigation that you could consider running an Abyssus. Be interesting to see for sure.

I may well run this build again next season if my other builds struggle or if a "great" legacy unique for it drops.
Looking at the new AoE patch notes I wonder if it is even worth continuing to go for the AoE cluster? At least that will save a few points.

Pretty sad to see melee AoE get punished. I'm hoping that this won't affect AW too harshly and that running a Increased AoE support is still beneficial. I think it will be.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
Stingerer wrote:

I guess he will update the tree if the new 2.6 passive tree affects the build. I don't think the "build" will change much in 2.6 unless the Area of Effect balancing requires on in some way. However since we don't grab too much AoE I don't think it will affect us too much.

I'm not too sure about what legacy uniques will be included. I guess a legacy Lightning Coil could be fairly good. I suppose it could give enough physical mitigation that you could consider running an Abyssus. Be interesting to see for sure.

I may well run this build again next season if my other builds struggle or if a "great" legacy unique for it drops.

Yeah I will adapt to the upcoming changes. Also I will do some testing on a non-posion version of the build with full up-from damage, looking at the upcoming double dip nerfs.

I will also consider the AoE Nerf. From what Ive seen It might still be good enough to invest into the Templar nodes for the Area Damage alone but im not sure at this point.
Do you think this build is still a good starter build for 2.6 because of the AoE got nerfed ?

Because cant decide if i should play this Build again or should use a another good league starter build :s
"
Slamdoc89 wrote:
Do you think this build is still a good starter build for 2.6 because of the AoE got nerfed ?

Because cant decide if i should play this Build again or should use a another good league starter build :s

I would say that this is still likely to be a good build for a league starter although best to wait for the patch notes to make sure that the AW skill hasn't been drastically changed (which I don't think it will be).

The AoE nerf probably won't be too big a deal. Every so often I would run maps with conc effect after forgetting to switch in the Inc AoE after a boss fight. It still cleared very well. The totems themselves attack so fast that a few more hits to clear slightly more spread out mobs won't affect clear speed too much. The main slow of the build is waiting for the totems to start attacking - once they get going they hammer away very quickly. Good placement of totems always ahead of where you are running can lead to minimal downtown or "just running around dodging stuff". You get into a good rhythm after a while.

Plus since a lot of people seem to be jumping on the projectile bandwagon potentially more melee orientated gear could be quite a bit cheaper at league start. There is always a benefit to not going the meta build but looking out for meta gear to sell.

Since at league start you are going to be grinding for quite a lot of currency (I assume) and playing some long sessions you really need to enjoy the totem playstyle. If you did enjoy it - great. If not then maybe something you enjoy more would be better.

That being said it's pretty safe since you are immune to reflect and normally can stay away from anything too harmful. It kills bosses well and is a good Uber lab farmer. All good things for a league start. It won't clear as quickly as something like Vaal Spark, COC discharge or some of the bow builds but it will clear pretty well even on a very low budget. I was handling t6-7 maps quite ok with a Kaom's Primacy axe and a Tabula Rasa. The bringer of rain bascinet also tends to be reasonably cheap too (except for the legacy version) for an easy 6/7 link. You I am sure know all this but I thought I would list a few things in case anybody who hasn't played it was considering giving it a go!

This is definitely my backup build for the Legacy league if I am struggling for survivability / currency on my other builds. If it gets buffed in the patch notes I may well switch to it at league start!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Feb 28, 2017, 7:57:20 AM
Thank's for your reply! You are totally right with all facts this is why i choose this build for 2.6, but first i will wait for the new Skill Tree.

About totems's start to attack is really a big downside but it's okay i know that i played this build till lvl 83 selffound so yea i know thoose things :)
Hey Gorno, great guide, man! I just have one doubt, how you manage to level up with firestorm until act 3 normal? Can you explain better to me how you do that? Because I tought that the Maraude would not get beneficiate since it will invest more in physical damage than spell damage. Thank you and I hope you can answer that to me. Cya o/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info