[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

its nice, also why no vaal haste? It would make you much faster
Last edited by Buckets0 on Aug 31, 2016, 4:19:58 PM
"
Buckets0 wrote:
its nice, also why no vaal haste? It would make you much faster


I used it before. Unfortunately I cant fit it anywhere due to my corrupted gloves haveing awkward colors. Its dont miss it crazy much though. But its pretty good for sure.
Why not champion? it seems a very good pick, decent damage, perma fortify and movement speed.
Do you need totem surv from chieftain?
"
oRieLLi wrote:
Why not champion? it seems a very good pick, decent damage, perma fortify and movement speed.
Do you need totem surv from chieftain?


Well it might even work as champion, but I cant give you a guarantee. The overall damage you get from champ isnt as much as chief would give you.

fortify alone isnt really worth it imho. If you check out my vids of core for example you see that even with so much defense my totems die pretty quick (even though you dont get ele rese for totems from chief).

Also you miss the life leech from totems, wich is very handy to keeps you afloat in boss fights like core malachai or while mapping in general.

Overall there is a reason why chieftain has been created by GGG, hes the totem guy with tanky sustainable totems.
This looks REALLY fun to start off the new league with. Ive been sitting here debating this or Facebreakers AWC for over 30 mins.

This seems Like the generally better option for essence league seeing as how crafting will be the focus of the new league via essences, Due to this build having FAR less gear requirements.

The DPS will certainly be enough to kill most of even the newest content, and the tankier tone of the build suits my playstyle...

BUT IM A DPS'AHOLIC! Does anyone know how much approximate DPS this build would gain by going berserker over chieftain? I know both work but im trying to get a fix on if the overall dps gain would be worth loosing the life leach.
"
Nothigface wrote:
This looks REALLY fun to start off the new league with. Ive been sitting here debating this or Facebreakers AWC for over 30 mins.

This seems Like the generally better option for essence league seeing as how crafting will be the focus of the new league via essences, Due to this build having FAR less gear requirements.

The DPS will certainly be enough to kill most of even the newest content, and the tankier tone of the build suits my playstyle...

BUT IM A DPS'AHOLIC! Does anyone know how much approximate DPS this build would gain by going berserker over chieftain? I know both work but im trying to get a fix on if the overall dps gain would be worth loosing the life leach.


Berserker gets you about 35% more damage I would guess. You can go facebreaker for leveling and then transition into axes later. Both builds have roughly the same skill tree. It would only take a few regrets to swap over.

In terms of tooltip dps this build cant be compared to facebreaker since we sclae so much "hidden" damage with poison and bleed. We even take nodes on the tree that dont touch tt-dps at all and we take jewels with damage over time. The poison gem alone doesnt affect it at all but it boosts the "real" damage by over 100% "more" in a scenario where the totem hits a target for 2 seconds. You can swap it for "added fire" damage to have bigger numbers anytime.

The old poison/bleed earthquake with breath of the council had about 15k tooltip dps with "INSANE" gear. It cleared the entire game with no effort. Tooltip dps is the biggest lie this game can give you.
Last edited by GornoDD on Sep 1, 2016, 2:03:16 AM
/
Last edited by tslt on Jul 14, 2018, 7:52:43 AM
what auras should you run if you dont have disfavour?
/
Last edited by tslt on Jul 14, 2018, 7:52:16 AM
"
tslt wrote:
Hi GornoDD,

Quick question here. Been wondering a lot about warchief builds lately and my main concern is the number of totems you can have. Is 2 totems enough? I'm splitted between Hierophant and other alternative for this reason. I dont want to rely on a quiver to have a third totems and same goes for the BoR variant with scion or other class.

Chieftain suits HC playstyle and adds a lot of help with the immunity to fire, leech from totems, taunt etc.

Anyway, just wanted to have your opinion about the number of totems (and bonus that hierophant gives us)

Nice build overall.

Edit: How's the mana sustain? Do we need %mana reg on gear or is it smooth? (I see you have 49, 55 and 15% mana reg on your jewellery.)


two totems is enough to kill all the big bosses. Its actually also not hard to amp the damage of this build by switching to beserker if you want more damage. I have a core video up you can check out. I died there but I have done alot of deathless runs too.

When it comes to hirophant I would go a diffrent route. Its tempting me for a while to try a Elemental Based Warchief with "Illuminated Devotion" (helmet penetrates resistances). Then use Bringer of Rain with Dorianys Catalyst as a Weapon. Go Quad Totem and use WED, AFD + FA in Bringer. Get Gloves wich curse Ele Weakness on hit. Its just a train of thaught... but maybe

For Poison/Bleed I think Marauder is the better choice, cause outside of additional totems there is literally no real benefit here.

"
Superjeenius wrote:
what auras should you run if you dont have disfavour?


I would swap out Herald of Ash. We dont scale elemental damage anyways. It looks nice on the tooltip dps but it actually doesnt boost our damage all the much anyways.
Last edited by GornoDD on Sep 1, 2016, 6:29:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info