[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

"
Also (if you're using cospi's) replacing AA with blasphemy means another 10% reservation so you'd need some reduced mana reserved on the tree and possibly a lvl 4 enlighten on the disfavour.

Yes, you'd need to pick up some reduced mana reservation, Sovereignty is 4 points away. 14% reduced reservation + lvl 2 Enlighten in Disfavour gets you 83% reserved.

Another downside is needing a 5link Disfavour and not being able to run CwDT Flame Golem, unless you change around your other links.

Overall I'm not sure if it's worth losing The Brass Dome for 100% chance to poison and dual curse. You gain some damage and utility at the cost of some survivability. Taking no extra damage from crits is pretty huge.
"
fatpolak wrote:

If anyone could help explain what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated! Still learning a lot so I am probably missing something obvious.

Hey dude,

I've just started recently too so I am pretty much the same position you are although I have played enough to get my Beserker to 93.

So, had a quick look at your character and here are the things that I could see that could be improved.

First and foremost you only have your Ancestral Warchief in a 4 link. Getting a 6 link would boost your DPS A LOT!!! The cheap way to do this is to buy The Bringer of Rain Nightmare Bascinet. It provides an effective 7 link! Although you can't use chest armour. However at this point you should probably switch to one until you can afford that 6 link armour. You just add Ancestral Warchief - Melee Phy Dam on Full Life - Increased AoE or Conc Effect for bosses & lastly Poison Support.

Conc Effect will be better than Added Fire since it will scale off your physical damage we are buffing in multiple ways. Increased Aoe Allows your totems to clear a screen of mobs for normal gaming. Switch to Conc Effect when fighting bosses.

Weapon - Kaom's Primacy. I used this a lot too and found it pretty decent. However a Atziri's Disfavor will get you another 10k dps or so on it's own I would think and perhaps more importantly put a BLEED effect on the mobs. Hit them once and even if they run away (in fact especially if they run) the bleed will kill them.

Rings and Amulet - These really need flat physical rolls. Adds # to # physical damage to attacks. This number will be multiplied many times over by all the increased physical skills and passives on the tree we add. You could also do with getting more flat life on these too, ideally 50+.

Your belt is not too bad stats wise. However a rustic sash belt rolls up to 24% increased physical damage which would be a damage boost. So the same stats on a rustic sash would be great.

Your boots could use more resists but otherwise are ok.

Your passive tree looks ok since you are following the guide from the looks of it. However, getting more resists on your gear would enable you to drop the 2 points you have invested into Diamond Skin and get another jewel socket which you can get a reasonable jewel with maximum life%, totem damage and some resists or stats for fairly cheap.

You still need to do Uber Lab of course but that isn't a massive DPS increase. It's still nice to have it. I was pleased to complete it at my first attempt with my character. I used the POE Lab website to guide me through and picked a day that had an easier Izaro fight.

You could add in a Vaal Haste skill gem. That provides a pretty big attack speed and movement speed boost which when linked to increased duration can be kept up most of the time in maps with good density.

Lastly, and I am in the same position as you in this - your skill gems have no quality on them. Quality skill gems add extra effects which will also boost your DPS.

Keep on going - the build does all sorta come together with the right gear. I am still missing a lot of the good uniques and only have so - so rings / amulet.....but my dps in my h/o with Conc Effect & Poison support plus Aura's + Flame Golem is around 123k dps now.

Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Feb 24, 2017, 3:15:11 AM
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:

Keep on going - the build does all sorta come together with the right gear. I am still missing a lot of the good uniques and only have so - so rings / amulet.....but my dps in my h/o with Conc Effect & Poison support plus Aura's + Flame Golem is around 123k dps now.

Thank you so much for such detailed tips its greatly appreciated! I took a lot of the feedback and tuned my toon and managed to get close to 50k dps with similar buffs to you in the home base. In a map with flasks and Vaal Haste I'm doing 75k per totem which is making the boss fights last 2 sec.

I do want the Disfavour Axe but can't afford it and I'll keep upgrading the quality of the gems is just the stones are very hard to find. Still a long way off your 123k dps but this is what's making this game so addictive is finding these little tweaks to keep improving!
"
fatpolak wrote:

I do want the Disfavour Axe but can't afford it and I'll keep upgrading the quality of the gems is just the stones are very hard to find. Still a long way off your 123k dps but this is what's making this game so addictive is finding these little tweaks to keep improving!

Yes, unfortunately the closer we get to Breach league finishing the higher the prices of items get so that there is parity with Standard league pricing once everything from Breach moves over to Standard.

My Disafavour cost me 300 Chaos and was already linked and coloured plus a touch over 600 pDPS. Seems like it's 6 - 8 Exalts now or roughly 400 Chaos +. I'd potentially keep a permanent search going on on POE Trade for Disfavours and hope somebody is selling one a little cheap and will accept mixed currency if you are lacking on the Exalts / Chaos front.

Did you know that if you vendor a lvl 20 skill gem with a gemcutters prism it becomes a lvl 1 skill gem but with 20 quality? That's how I am trying to get my skill gems to lvl 20 & 20 quality. Just level alternative versions of what I use in my 6 link on my alternate weapons to first get them to 20 and then to re-level them afterwards from 1 but now with 20% quality. Maybe not too useful at this juncture if you are not playing a lot but a good way to get good skill gems at the start of the new league.

Good luck with your character - he does look better now :)
What are differences between this and Flame Totem / Flameblast builds? I've never played a totem build before and want to try one out next league.

My main focus are usually maps, but next league I want to take a shot at Uber Atziri and Shaper.
Just spent many exalts switching from Facebreakers / Great old one's ward buckler / abyssus Helmet.

The leap slam is incredibly fast for clear speed... however.

The DPS drop is ridiculous. I am use to placing two totems at uber lab izario and before you know it he is dead, I just died from him, and I found my totems dying and I was leaping everywhere trying to dodge him. Was an expensive respec, but I might have to respec back, it just doesn't seem to be nearly as efficient as when I was reading this guide =/ unless I have something incredibly wrong with the build, but I have practically mirrored the guide
"
ChazReinhold wrote:
I am use to placing two totems at uber lab izario and before you know it he is dead, I just died from him, and I found my totems dying and I was leaping everywhere trying to dodge him.

Sounds like something is wrong. I am a noob to PoE. My gear is pretty garbage compared to most people with just the basics in place and no gem quality.

I tried Uber lab for the first time ever with this build and it crushed Izaro. Certainly within 6 - 8 seconds with Conc Effect. My totems were nowhere near dying and I barely dodged anything other than 1 lot of green balls before he died.

Not too sure if your characters are visible so I couldn't see your gear / passive tree. Maybe link your gear / tree or make your profile visible.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Feb 25, 2017, 5:43:17 AM

As Requested. My totems sit at about 50k dps where as they use to sit at a comfortable 300k
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
ChazReinhold wrote:
I am use to placing two totems at uber lab izario and before you know it he is dead, I just died from him, and I found my totems dying and I was leaping everywhere trying to dodge him.

Sounds like something is wrong. I am a noob to PoE. My gear is pretty garbage compared to most people with just the basics in place and no gem quality.

I tried Uber lab for the first time ever with this build and it crushed Izaro. Certainly within 6 - 8 seconds with Conc Effect. My totems were nowhere near dying and I barely dodged anything other than 1 lot of green balls before he died.

Not too sure if your characters are visible so I couldn't see your gear / passive tree. Maybe link your gear / tree or make your profile visible.

Disfavour / 6L Dome = "Garbage gear", ok :)

I have gone back to face breakers, I just could not use the 2H Warchief build, wasn't suited to me personally, I am not sure? But anyway my totems are back up over 300k each

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info