Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

When Dark Pact supported by Remote Mine the considered base life should be equal to 1 (while 'cast on player')
Last edited by SomethingWonderful on Jul 3, 2018, 11:16:28 PM
Hi,

i think i found an issue with reservation of auras. Playing an auraguardian and have 100% mana reserved, yet it shows -29% unreserved mana when i import the build. tripple-checked everything and am at a loss, maybe someone else can find my mistake?

(it might be connected to vitality, because i had that on life instead of purity of ice before, and then it showed more life reserved than i had.)

import-code:

https://pastebin.com/Yjr6z7qJ

cheers
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
Nvm
Last edited by Slowacki on Jul 4, 2018, 2:13:57 PM
Could you update new values of cold snap?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Hello, found a bug.
Elemental hit on a builds, that convert damage to fire gives almost 3x time damage
in the "calcs" tab we can see all the damages we do by all the skill parts (so its all cold, fire and lightning)
We can damage by only one element, so its ok for any other build.
1st of all we can test it just using any weapon (non elemental) with 1link elemental hit on a blank build.
2nd link on a skill will be "cold to fire" in a DPS sorting, cause we get bonuses from cold damage (50% to fire plus 30% added)
But we can't get both cold and fire damage, its a bug of a calculations.
Same goes with Avatar of fire for both lightning and cold damages and brotherhood ring....
So we can see alot of builds with 3+M dps but this dps is 300% of real.
"
Uoykai wrote:
Hello, found a bug.
Elemental hit on a builds, that convert damage to fire gives almost 3x time damage
in the "calcs" tab we can see all the damages we do by all the skill parts (so its all cold, fire and lightning)
We can damage by only one element, so its ok for any other build.
1st of all we can test it just using any weapon (non elemental) with 1link elemental hit on a blank build.
2nd link on a skill will be "cold to fire" in a DPS sorting, cause we get bonuses from cold damage (50% to fire plus 30% added)
But we can't get both cold and fire damage, its a bug of a calculations.
Same goes with Avatar of fire for both lightning and cold damages and brotherhood ring....
So we can see alot of builds with 3+M dps but this dps is 300% of real.

Elemental Hit was reworked in the 3.3 update. Instead of adding the damage of a random element as it did before, it now adds damage of all three elements at the same time. The way it works now, damage of the elements that weren't chosen is removed at the end of the damage calculation. If you convert, say, all of your Cold damage into Fire, and EH chooses Fire, removing Cold damage has no further effect since you are not dealing any Cold damage.

Path of Building correctly reflects in-game behavior in this case.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 5, 2018, 2:24:00 AM
Quoting myself on this so others see it when looking at "last post."

I tested flasks under various different mods and documented it all at https://imgur.com/a/JaQmxMq.

I confirmed that Bubbling does not get increased instant recovery from duration modifiers. I also confirmed that each of quality, flask effect, and increased flask recovery are multiplicative with each other for both instant and over time life/mana recovery from flasks. Duration only affects the over time portion of them.

"
Edit:
I found this thread: https://tldrexile.com/pathofexile.com/forum/index.php?var1=view-thread&var2=1664139

where the author talks about some oddities regarding flask effect, duration, and life recovered and it has me backtracking on my claims below. I'll do my own testing and share what I find, with pictures and math, but it is looking like PoB's math is more correct which means GGG did some funky things with their flask handling.

I noticed a Feedback thread here claiming to show that a Bubbling flask gives more instantaneous healing than a Seething flask of the same type, quality, and increased flask effectiveness.

While the pics do show that, it is mathematically impossible for that to happen because Seething always recovers 34% of the flask's value instantly while the instant portion of a Bubbling flask only returns 25%.

Could you please fix your flask calculations to show correct math?

For reference, the wiki says quality modifies the base item and then increases and decreases to flask effect are based on that, effectively meaning quality is multiplicative with other flask modifiers. However, things like "increased life recovery from flasks" is additive with "increased flask effect" as per GGG's usual math which says an example of "12% global increased physical damage" is additive with "10 increased physical damage with maces" to become 22% and not 1.12*1.1 = 1.232 or effectively 23%.

I'm not entirely sure whether Bubbling's "increased recovery rate" is additive or multiplicative with such mods as "increased flask recovery rate" on Herbalism for example. But in the case of a Divine Life Flask if it was additive then it'd show 7 / (1+1.35+.2) = 2.745 which I think would round up to 2.8 since GGG shows flask times by the tenths of a second at most.

If it were multiplicative then 7 / 2.35 = 2.9787 / 1.2 = 2.482 which would round up to an actual 2.5 time.

Not that flask effect / increased life recovery from flasks on the passive tree will not show up even on an equipped flask's tooltip. I'm not sure of a way to check it in game other than to actually time it and make sure to not have any regeneration effects.
Is EE reporting not working correctly with Ignite?

I mean, i am playing Lightning damage based Igniter (Stormfire ring).

I only deal Lightning damage and some Cold damage, which means its always -50% to fire resistance, but when i click on either, it doesnt increase the damage from ignite.

While manually lowering the resistance by 50 on the settings above, it displays extra damage gained etc etc.

What gives?

Searching around etc, i am pretty sure because of the -50% fire resistance the Ignite -is- dealing more damage.
hello,

first, thank you very for you great job on path of building.
i love it.

I would like to noticed a mistake in calculation for "dps per point".
Actually,
if X total dps,
n number of passives points for this total dps X,
Y dps per point,

actually, your calcul is: Y=X/n
it's a not a "more" effect per point.

the real multiplicative bonus per point is determined by:
(1=100% base damage)

1+X=(1+Y)^n
we know 1+X>O
Then (1+X)^(1/n)=1+Y
and Y=(1+X)^(1/n)-1

i hope you will understand it and it helps you to upgrade path of building.
if you need more explanation contact me.
I love PoB. I use it more than POE itself!

I just wanted to report that the Malediction node in Occultist doesn't seem to function properly. I don't see many aspects of the node calculating in a way that makes sense to me...whether it's the taking 10% extra damage, extra damage per curse, or seeing the added chaos damage on my skill.

Sorry if this post isn't correct and it is working as intended. But I've scoured everything and can't seem to make it function correctly.

Thanks again for the amazing program!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jul 8, 2018, 3:37:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info