Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Hi! PoB has helped me a lot thus far :D Thanks!

I'm currently trying to see if there is a way to calculate Rampage into my dps. Is it in the program?
The watchers eye is missing inc crit while affected by wrath
Hi there,

thank you to everyone who helped create this amazing tool! Makes it possible to go into so much more depth when creating a build and/or min-maxing a character.

I noticed one thing that makes defense calculations inaccurate:
Additions to "Armour and Evasion rating" as seen on this chest are scaled at the same amount by PoB. They do, however, vary independant from each other. On this chest piece, for example, we get 52 armour and 82 evasion rating from a "durable" prefix (Tier 3). Right now, PoB always matches the two values, resulting either in a lower evasion rating or a higher armour rating.

Not a big issue, just wanted to bring it to attention. Thanks again for keeping the tool up to date!
Thank you very much for that almost mandatory application.

I don't know if it's the place for that, but I noticed a little bug where enabled discipline (with vaal discipline gem) suddenly stop boosting the maximum energy shield. Then I tried to toggle on/off the discipline check box and nothing happened. I even tried to use a non vaal gem instead of the discipline but that didn't work.
The only way I found to fix it was to restart PoB.
Would it be possible to add a "# of Bleed on Enemy:" (similar to "# of Poison on Enemy") to the Configuration page, so effective Bleed DPS calculations for Crimson Dance would be correct?

Thanks!
Hey Openarl, could we get more passive tree stats visible, such as: %inc curse effect, %reduced mana reservation, %minion health, %minion dmg etc. I'm sure PoB already lists these, could we just get them as visible list somehow.
deleted
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on Jul 1, 2018, 9:00:17 AM
Ok this is a superb Utility and all credit to the developer of it but and I mean a big BUT when will it be re-coded and made more stable.

It constantly locks/freezes for me and I have a modern computer system purchased last year, simply put frustrating I even have to use Task-manager too close it when it freezes.

Often it will be stable for a few hours no problem other times cannot even load it without it freezing or it will load make one slight change crash.

My basic system Windows 64bit 32gig ram SSD high end graphics card and maintain drivers enough said.
Hello PoB community,

I am using Vaal Righteous Fire/Righteous fire skill gem. I have bought some spell damage jewels and in PoE the Offence tab states that it is altering the damage that the spell does. However in path of building it does not seem to add the damage into the calculation. I have not got any passive that means I can not do a certain type of damage.

Example Jewel - Copied from PoB after Import

Hollow Stare
Hypnotic Eye Jewel
Unique ID: 3fae583f32d8945660331987b7fc8e82315673a76609050dd65993fa6736913b
Item Level: 71
LevelReq: 50
Implicits: 0
Adds 16 to 22 Cold Damage to Spells
+32 to maximum Life
10% increased Damage over Time while holding a Shield

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/jeebusdalord/27fc4f58-7a05-4c82-b980-722338f9625a.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/jeebusdalord/pob.png

Examples of the difference in calculation.

Is path of building wrong??

Spyder
Edit:
I found this thread: https://tldrexile.com/pathofexile.com/forum/index.php?var1=view-thread&var2=1664139

where the author talks about some oddities regarding flask effect, duration, and life recovered and it has me backtracking on my claims below. I'll do my own testing and share what I find, with pictures and math, but it is looking like PoB's math is more correct which means GGG did some funky things with their flask handling.

I noticed a Feedback thread here claiming to show that a Bubbling flask gives more instantaneous healing than a Seething flask of the same type, quality, and increased flask effectiveness.

While the pics do show that, it is mathematically impossible for that to happen because Seething always recovers 34% of the flask's value instantly while the instant portion of a Bubbling flask only returns 25%.

Could you please fix your flask calculations to show correct math?

For reference, the wiki says quality modifies the base item and then increases and decreases to flask effect are based on that, effectively meaning quality is multiplicative with other flask modifiers. However, things like "increased life recovery from flasks" is additive with "increased flask effect" as per GGG's usual math which says an example of "12% global increased physical damage" is additive with "10 increased physical damage with maces" to become 22% and not 1.12*1.1 = 1.232 or effectively 23%.

I'm not entirely sure whether Bubbling's "increased recovery rate" is additive or multiplicative with such mods as "increased flask recovery rate" on Herbalism for example. But in the case of a Divine Life Flask if it was additive then it'd show 7 / (1+1.35+.2) = 2.745 which I think would round up to 2.8 since GGG shows flask times by the tenths of a second at most.

If it were multiplicative then 7 / 2.35 = 2.9787 / 1.2 = 2.482 which would round up to an actual 2.5 time.

Not that flask effect / increased life recovery from flasks on the passive tree will not show up even on an equipped flask's tooltip. I'm not sure of a way to check it in game other than to actually time it and make sure to not have any regeneration effects.
Last edited by Jackalope_Gaming on Jul 3, 2018, 2:50:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info