Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

hello,

i'm using a 6L Femurs of Saints for SRS with a Vis Mortis that adds one spectre that i can raise. does path of building take into account the 12% damage bonus (from Femurs) for each of my 3 spectres? or does it assume i summoned all skeletons, zombies and spectres that i can and apply the buffs accordingly? i can't find a config for this and i don't even raise skeletons. i'm trying to figure out and optimize my dps.

thanks!
I'd be very happy to see Pantheon added to Path of Building. This program is freaking amazing, good job!
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Edge madness not functional within the program please put a level slider or have it calculate for the level based on skill points assigned please.

Great work
So I'm new to this tool and I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring a few things out. One thats bugging me recently is this: If I import a paste bin of someones build, sometimes they have options in the Configuration tab that I don't have when I make my own, or import one of my characters. In this instance "Are Enemies At Close Range" isn't there for. As well as "Are Enemies Burning/Ignited". I must be missing some options somewhere but heck if I can find them.

Is it possible to add Bold & Underline to the Notes section? I usually use sticky notes to remind myself of things but eventually it becomes a little too much especially prioritizing quality gems I should get.
Hello

i can't see spectre library in the infernal sentinel , please add.

"
I am currently trying to create a spectre build, but it seems that solar guards on not on the spectre list. Is there a reason that they aren't?
"
Cybersnip wrote:
Any chance of updating the spectre list in PoB? Only the old ones are there, and some of them don't even exist anymore. It would be so cool to "play PoB" (as I call it) with all the cool spectre types available in 3.0!
"
joachimbond wrote:
Are there any plans to add wicker man and tukohama's vanguard to the spectre list?
"
zankioh wrote:
Came here to ask exactly that.
Well, almost. I was going to ask about wicker men, tukohama's vanguards and solar guards.

Any chance of this happening OP?
"
Jouboner wrote:
Reeee!!!!! I demand an update on the Spectre database please. pretty pretty pretty please !
Especially a very very specific skeleton named Ash Harvester in act 7 crossroads. thank you.
"
TuRKiY3 wrote:
Hello

i can't see spectre library in the infernal sentinel , please add.
As I've explained many times, I cannot add new spectres yet, as 3.0 introduced a new scaling system for monster skills which I haven't been able to fully reverse engineer.

"
Vivisector wrote:
I know you're probably pretty busy but would it ever be possible to implement some kind of random build generator?

PoB could randomly pick some items/gems to start with and do a few optimization passes on the tree using the node power weighting with a slider for weighting offense/defense, then a couple more optimization passes for items, jewels, gem links, etc.

Later you could probably make the optimization pass work on already completed or half completed builds. "Optimize gear (defense/offense)", gems, tree, etc.
That would be quite difficult and time-consuming to implement, and isn't something I'm likely to have time to work on for a long while.

"
TuRKiY3 wrote:
3.0.1e Patch
-Fixed a bug where Skeleton Mages were not supportable by the Iron Will Support.

There is the same problem in the build program.
"
Imp1830 wrote:
It seems POB doesn't support using the baron with iron will linked to summon skellys(skelly mages.)
The support gem compatibility data for Summon Skeleton was updated in 1.4.63 to reflect that fix.

"
Shaxis wrote:
so just looking at death aura should it be affected by swift affliction if i have arcane surge connected to it? cause the gem looks like it should work
I can confirm that that does indeed work.

"
YourPain wrote:
Hi, thanks for your really use- and helpful tool.

I got an CPU issus: while the tool is open i got 50% CPU Workload.
Because the tool not calc every second new, it must be a bug, i hope.
That definitely isn't normal; the CPU usage when in the foreground is typically 5-10% at the most. You should try updating your graphics driver, if you haven't already.

"
KinGGaiA wrote:
one question though: the black background / white text is really stressful on my eyes if i work with the program over a longer period. is there an option / a way to change the general theme?
The program has no support for themes at the moment. I do plan to implement it at some point though, but I have no idea when that's likely to happen.

"
Tasodar wrote:
Thanks a lot for this usefull tool, loved using it.
Got a question, it seems like program doesnt count carnage heart bonus to dps while leeching in effective dps count FeelsBadMan
Do you have the "Are you Leeching?" option enabled in the Configuration tab?

"
Rydis1 wrote:
is there a way to determine the calculation of % increased damage while using an ailment?

Trying to figure out how much dps my cycloner does, but I have a good 150% increased damage against bleed targets, and I see no calculations for it.

Effective/combat DPS should the same exact dps I get on the game tooltip, so I know it isn't counting it.
The program doesn't automatically assume that conditions like "against Bleeding Enemies" are true; you need to enable the corresponding option in the Configuration tab ("Is the enemy Bleeding?")

"
CoolColJ wrote:
Poacher's Mark not effecting minion accuracy
I cannot reproduce this; it is definitely affecting their Hit Chance (not their Accuracy Rating though, as it applies to the enemy's Evasion Rating).

"
grandrulers wrote:
how are traps damage actually calculated?
You'll need to be more specific.

"
PoB's UI really glitches out on my screen (4K). Is this a HiDPI issue or something wrong with my screen?

Image -> https://imgur.com/a/vn56f
That is caused by a bug in Intel HD Graphics driver versions prior to 15.46. However, the next update (1.4.64) will introduce a possible workaround for the issue.

"
Lechtansi wrote:
Quick question about resistance penetration - how is it calculated in POB? Do I have to add it in manually? For example, when i slot cold penetration with Frost Blades I can see my DPS go up, but by an amount I'm not expecting. Also, if i have frost bomb and frost bite, are those calculated in frost blades DPS?
Penetration is automatically taken into account in the DPS calculations; likewise for Frost Bomb, Frostbite, and all other effects that modify the enemy's effective resistance. Note that all of those effects are additive; so if you are already reducing the enemy's effective resistance by a significant amount, then adding more (such as from Cold Penetration Support) will be less effective.
"
Also, when i hover over my debuffs in the calcs section, it shows me -20 cold resistance for my Frost Bomb, but -48 cold resist for my frost bite, when in game it says 44% reduction. Where does the 48% come from?
You probably have some increased Effect of your Curses modifiers (perhaps from Blasphemy or CoH quality); those are not taken into account in the in-game tooltip, but Path of Building does factor them in.

"
Dolie wrote:
Path of Building shows Phase Run as granting +melee damage to Ansestral Warchief, yet it's tooltip states specifically that Phase Run doesn't add damage to melee totems. I'm confused which is right. I know Phase Run used to buff Warchief but I don't remember that tooltip description specifically referring to totems being there. When I try to test it on bosses I can't manage to notice a damage spike when I use Phase Run with my totems running, but it's hard to tell if there's really a change or not. Which is right?
Aye, that's been on my "odd edge cases to fix" list for a while. I'll take another look at it now, but I'm not sure if I can fix it easily.

"
Siliarus wrote:
Cut to the chase as they say - I meant to ask about the effective DPS calculator - how does this operate for, say, Tornado Shot or Molten Burst (from Ngahamu Flame axe)?
I happen to have two characters running these skills and the calculator dps is just ridiculously low considering that I can clear T15 maps. Does it only take into account ONE projectile?
The program only ever considers one projectile, or one totem/trap/mine/minion. That isn't likely to change for the foreseeable future, as there's a lot involved with producing a useful estimate of the combined DPS of multiple projectiles/totems/etc.

"
cs1171 wrote:
PoB has been working great, and I really appreciate the program! Unfortunately it has recently stopped allowing me to save new builds. I've got PoB installed in C:\ and run it as an administrator. I can open several existing builds, but when I try to save any (or a new one) I get the error message 'Couldn't save the file: C:\Users\uname\Documents/Path of Building/nameofbuild.xml'.

It looks like for some reason it started defaulting to a forward slash instead of backslash?? When I got into the options and change the default folder to be correct, it still gives the same error (but with the correct directory). If I close and reopen PoB it will go back to the default (wrong) directory. Maybe I'm having a brain fart but I can't figure out how to fix it.
The forward vs. back slash has nothing to do with it, as both are valid in Windows, and the program has always used forward slashes in the default save path. The only previous report of this issue that I've seen was the result of a corrupted user profile; if the save path definitely exists then you may have the same problem.

"
dachoppa wrote:
i'm using a 6L Femurs of Saints for SRS with a Vis Mortis that adds one spectre that i can raise. does path of building take into account the 12% damage bonus (from Femurs) for each of my 3 spectres? or does it assume i summoned all skeletons, zombies and spectres that i can and apply the buffs accordingly? i can't find a config for this and i don't even raise skeletons. i'm trying to figure out and optimize my dps.
The per-minion bonuses from Femurs are not supported at the moment (which is why they appear red in the item tooltip). Calculating them automatically isn't something that the program is technically capable of doing at the moment, and manual inputs would be overly tedious to manage in this case.

"
CantripN wrote:
I'd be very happy to see Pantheon added to Path of Building. This program is freaking amazing, good job!
I need to set aside a good chunk of time to work on Pantheon support, as it is quite complex; I may not get around to it for a while.

"
Mintomidnite wrote:
Edge madness not functional within the program please put a level slider or have it calculate for the level based on skill points assigned please.

Great work
The Level input is at the top of the UI, next to the class selector.

"
chaoticjl wrote:
So I'm new to this tool and I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring a few things out. One thats bugging me recently is this: If I import a paste bin of someones build, sometimes they have options in the Configuration tab that I don't have when I make my own, or import one of my characters. In this instance "Are Enemies At Close Range" isn't there for. As well as "Are Enemies Burning/Ignited". I must be missing some options somewhere but heck if I can find them.
Most options in the Configuration tab only appear if they are able to have some effect, so you aren't missing out. In particular, the "Are Enemies at Close Range" option only appears when Chin Sol is equipped (as that is the only item that uses the Close Range mechanic); while using Flame Surge, or linking Immolate to your main skill, will cause "Is the enemy Burning?" to appear.

"
Is it possible to add Bold & Underline to the Notes section? I usually use sticky notes to remind myself of things but eventually it becomes a little too much especially prioritizing quality gems I should get.
The text edit control used in the Notes tab does not support any kind of markup, and it would require a large amount of effort to add it, unfortunately.
Getting this error out of nowhere:

@Openarl

Hi, I have trouble with updating PoB I hope you might be able to help.

It started a few days ago, up till then PoB Auto Updated every time just fine. Now I am getting this https://i.imgur.com/MlDSbVg.png every time.

I tried everything to my knowledge to no avail. (things like adding Firewall exceptions, Reseting router/adapter settings, run with admin right, downloading a different version etc)

The only thing that might of caused on my end, could be due to me deciding to randomly run CCleaner and perhaps it removed some service/registry (although it backs up the registry and I tried the backup also checked my windows services, there are only a few disabled and they don't really have anything to do with this to my knowledge). But this would be my best guess, because around the same time PoEtrademacro started failing to start as well - it just hangs on 'Initializing Script'. So if they share something in common, that might be it.

Apart from these 2 issues, I have no problems with accessing any websites or updating any other soft/game.

Cheers.
Hey OpenArl,
i have two questions concerning possible exceptions in calculation of Bleed-DPS.
Im not trying to point out mistakes, im aware of the fact that your calculations are based on reasonably assumptions to model the performance/stats of a build. Im just curious if i handle the following exceptions the correct way to estimate my true bleed dps:

1)When using Ruthless the average damage increase is 113/3 => 37%. Hence you multiply the bleeddamage by 1,37, but since a ruthless blow increases the bleedamage by 113% and weaker bleeds are inactive so long a stronger bleed is active the actual bleed dps should be different after getting out a ruthless hit: (FormerBleedDps/1,37)*2,13 or just taking ruthless out and multiply the bleed dps by 2,13. Is that a correct way of estimating "ruthless bleed dps"?

2)When using cleave Mark said this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6ond14/30_dual_strike_and_cleave_can_only_bleed_of_one/dkjs5g1/?context=3

Your bleed-damage-calculation while dualwielding is summarizing 50% of the damage from each hand to come up with an average value, which would be correct for skills that alternate between Mainhand/offhand. But when using cleave/dualstrike the damage of both hands is combined. According to marks post this is also true to bleed damage, if both hands afflicted bleed damage. Hence, with a 100% chance to bleed, both hands would apply bleed and their bleeddamage would be combined into one bleeding instance. As a result the bleed-dps should be doubled (when using the same weapon in both hands) to estimate real bleed dps. Am i correct again?

Many thanks for your tool and hard work!

Last edited by Philkingz on Sep 26, 2017, 3:54:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info