Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

how are traps damage actually calculated?
Any chance of updating the spectre list in PoB? Only the old ones are there, and some of them don't even exist anymore. It would be so cool to "play PoB" (as I call it) with all the cool spectre types available in 3.0!

ps. I absolutely love your program! I play PoB just as much as I play PoE :D
PoB's UI really glitches out on my screen (4K). Is this a HiDPI issue or something wrong with my screen?

Image -> https://imgur.com/a/vn56f
Hey OpenArl,

Thanks again for this amazing tool. I almost spend as much time using it as playing POE!

Quick question about resistance penetration - how is it calculated in POB? Do I have to add it in manually? For example, when i slot cold penetration with Frost Blades I can see my DPS go up, but by an amount I'm not expecting. Also, if i have frost bomb and frost bite, are those calculated in frost blades DPS?

Also, when i hover over my debuffs in the calcs section, it shows me -20 cold resistance for my Frost Bomb, but -48 cold resist for my frost bite, when in game it says 44% reduction. Where does the 48% come from?

Thanks a lot!

Are there any plans to add wicker man and tukohama's vanguard to the spectre list?
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
joachimbond wrote:
Are there any plans to add wicker man and tukohama's vanguard to the spectre list?

Came here to ask exactly that.
Well, almost. I was going to ask about wicker men, tukohama's vanguards and solar guards.

Any chance of this happening OP?
Path of Building shows Phase Run as granting +melee damage to Ansestral Warchief, yet it's tooltip states specifically that Phase Run doesn't add damage to melee totems. I'm confused which is right. I know Phase Run used to buff Warchief but I don't remember that tooltip description specifically referring to totems being there. When I try to test it on bosses I can't manage to notice a damage spike when I use Phase Run with my totems running, but it's hard to tell if there's really a change or not. Which is right?

Edit: Looks like I'm not the only one that noticed Phase Run buffing Warchief might have been ninja nerfed (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1940907), I'm surprised it's so hard to find other references for it though. I guess Path of Building is wrong in adding it's DPS to Warchief with 3.0?
Last edited by Dolie on Sep 19, 2017, 9:48:06 AM
Reeee!!!!! I demand an update on the Spectre database please. pretty pretty pretty please !
Especially a very very specific skeleton named Ash Harvester in act 7 crossroads. thank you.
So, I look into this and I think it's pretty good, if you are into these kinds of things. Though I am just being hesitant in praise because I don't want to see everyone running this 24/7 once they drop a new item - feels like SimCraft on World of Warcraft :D

Hopefully, it won't get there - but you did hell of a job with this anyway!

Cut to the chase as they say - I meant to ask about the effective DPS calculator - how does this operate for, say, Tornado Shot or Molten Burst (from Ngahamu Flame axe)?
I happen to have two characters running these skills and the calculator dps is just ridiculously low considering that I can clear T15 maps. Does it only take into account ONE projectile?
PoB has been working great, and I really appreciate the program! Unfortunately it has recently stopped allowing me to save new builds. I've got PoB installed in C:\ and run it as an administrator. I can open several existing builds, but when I try to save any (or a new one) I get the error message 'Couldn't save the file: C:\Users\uname\Documents/Path of Building/nameofbuild.xml'.

It looks like for some reason it started defaulting to a forward slash instead of backslash?? When I got into the options and change the default folder to be correct, it still gives the same error (but with the correct directory). If I close and reopen PoB it will go back to the default (wrong) directory. Maybe I'm having a brain fart but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info