Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Yo, innervate calculation bugged? When I tick the box for "Is Innervation active?" the dmg doesn't change. Worked a few days ago.
Ah nothing, I messed up, forgot assasin's mark was active lel, the tool is awesome.
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 27, 2017, 7:23:47 AM
hello,
somehow im not able to start this programm.. it starts up and then it goes to fullscreeen and im only having a blackscreen.
are there any requirements to run this programm ?
Appologies for the lack of responses lately; I've been rather busy.

"
deadbyt3 wrote:
Don't know if its been mentioned here before, but I'll throw it out anyway:

A way of "numbering" the skill nodes in the tree to show the leveling path would be great for sharing builds with others. Just a little

number on or above the node :)
That has been requested before; it's one of the QoL features I have planned for the Tree tab, but it may be a while before I get time to work on them.

"
Corpsey wrote:
My brother pointed out that the "Is the enemy shocked?" still shows +50% damage instead of the new 20%.

Edit: Is there an option to have the enemy standing on shocked ground? I guess shocked and shocked ground are two different things.

"
polo2005 wrote:
Is there a chance we could get a slider for "is enemy shocked"? for like vaal lightning trap, vessel and for less

hard hitting lightning skills per hit?
I haven't had time to implement the new Shock mechanics; I can't really say when I'll be able to get around to it.

"
Ferox28 wrote:
With 1.4.60 the duration penalty on shaper/guardians was removed. Whats the reason behind this? Were the duration

penalties actually removed with 3.0? In patch notes was nothing written about that.
The penalties have indeed been removed; I discovered this through datamining, but it has been confirmed in-game by others.

"
InkLinkLing wrote:
For Crimson Dance, could you consider either adding a # of bleeds counter [similar to the # poisons] in config, or just make the

calculation at 8 stacks? [x4 damage]

If I'n not completely wrong, where poison doesn't scale with crit, bleed does.
The easiest way to estimate at 8 stacks, e.g. finding the biggest 8 hits, shouldn't be too hard I hope.
take the number of crits you get on average over the duration of a bleed; [# attacks/sec][crit chance][bleed duration] (Max 8), and the

number of non-crits, so [Max8-^prev calculation] and multiply by their respective damage.
Simplified into Damage x [#crit hits x crt Multiplier + (8-#crit hits)]

From there you may have to look at Ruthless calculations as well, which would take the prev and just apply another on third hit modifier.
[attacks/sec][bleed duration]/3 Max 8
Tangle it with crit
[# attacks/sec][crit chance][bleed duration] -> [attacks/sec][bleed duration][crit chance]/3 ETC.

With bleed, there's unfortunately alot of other science to get into, but even a quick fix [dmg .5 x 8] will help with quick calculations on

the fly >.<
Proper support for Crimson Dance is probably a while off; as you've pointed out, the calculation is quite difficult due to the number of factors involved.

"
jesterx93 wrote:
noticed that the elemental resists in path of building are not reflecting the same stats as I get in game after a new

import.. is this a known issue?
Did you set the bandit option after importing? The program cannot import it automatically.

"
Does the calc tab take into account charges?(power charge, etc) If not, is there a way to enable them?
The options for enabling Charges are found in the Configuration tab.

"
Artificed wrote:
Inevitable Judgement doesn't seem to be working right, on some builds taking it makes me lose a lot of damage and on

others it only gives me about 100 more dps.
It is entirely possible for Inevitable Judgement to cause you to lose DPS. With it allocated, your Critical Strikes ignore enemy resistances entirely, which not only excludes innate resistances, but also resistance reductions from curses, and all sources of penetration; so if you are relying on those, then taking IJ is likely to be a DPS loss.

"
Nightyb wrote:
Minor QoL suggestion:
Default to last character imported in the "Choose character to import data from:" dropdown.
"
blekotacz wrote:
Any chance you could add button to refresh character so we dont have to go true the whole import char procedure?
Thanks mate! Great work with this app, playing it more then PoE :D
I do want to implement that eventually, but it isn't straightforward, as I don't want to save character or account names inside the actual build files.

"
Deretto wrote:
The attack speed cap has been removed from minions summoned by Mirror Arrow and Blink Arrow. This does not seem to

reflected in PoB
That was removed in PoB in 1.4.59; and I've verified that it is definitely still gone.

"
dantheleon wrote:
Hi my PoB window seems to be scaling wrongly.
I can't see the top row of headers and stuff, and the higher i point my mouse in the window, the more out of sync the positioning and the

actual position of my mouse.

You can see that my mouse is not over the node but its highlighted, and I can't select the class and ascendancy in the window.
The only known cause is a bug in the Intel HD Graphics driver; specifically, versions prior to 15.46.

"
albinofreaken wrote:
i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i found a note in the tree that is bugged

a 10 int note that gives 10 strength insted
Is that an Efficient Training jewel nearby? It converts Intelligence to Strength.

"
MariChally wrote:
Arcane Surge Support doesn't seem to be added. At least it doesn't get suggested to me when I type it in as a Skill

gem. Hopefully this is the right place to note that :) sorry if not.
It is definitely there. Are you sure you're on a 3.0 build?

"
MAybe i am just to dumb to see how to do this.. but how can i see the total DPS of a Attack + CwC Spell?

As far as i can see i can only the the DPS for each on its own, it would help a lot to see a combined number for Gem choices and comparing

nodes in the Skilltree. As it is now you have to switch back and forth and remember the number.
The program doesn't currently support combined skill calculations for things like CwC/CoC.

"
Why when i equip acuity in PoB my leech rate doesnt change to on hit rate like when i have vaal pact. ive seen

others with just acuity and no vaal pact and it properly shows leech rate and leech on hit rate for both crit and non crits. I know it

shows you on left and in calc tab but it just shows leech as if acuity isnt on and i cant seem to find anything to tic. any help?
There is an issue in the current version that prevents the instant leech modifier on Atziri's Acuity from being correctly recognised. That's fixed in the next update.

"
StyledEase wrote:
Regarding Spectral Throws mechanic, I'm still searching through this thread but figure I'll ask in the meantime:

Similar to how PoB gives the user the option to consider the number of explosions hitting the target from Blast Rain (1 or 4), or the

number of projectiles on Barrage, is PoB currently calculating the DPS for Spectral Throw based on one hit from the projectile, or all

possible hits (can hit an enemy 3-4 times) assuming the enemy is standing at the top of the "arc" of the Spectral Throw movement?

Thank you for th clarification!
PoB only assumes one hit; the full calculation is somewhat involved, and isn't something I'm likely to get around to supporting for a while.

"
b44dss wrote:
switching in my build added cold for melee physical damage is like 1% difference in POB but ingame is like 30K DPS. any

known bug there? or is it normal that POE DPS calc is not "complete" and misses something?
What is your skill setup?

"
kruff wrote:
Hi, I'm sorry but I wont read over 180 pages to see if this has been mentioned before...

But it seems you are not calculating with Elemental Overload - maybe you are in some fancy way that uses my critical strike chance but it doesn't say so in a way that I see. I've been staring at the configuration tab and can't see anything about 'Have you crit recently?'.

Is there a way to force it into the calculations?
Elemental Overload applies automatically unless you take Resolute Technique.

"
Vindicit wrote:
I have a question. Im a new POE player. I'm trying to find the best skill gem links for my main skill Tornado Shot. Using Greater Multiple Projectiles lowers the damage of 1 individual arrow but should increase your overall damage if more than 1 arrow hits your target right? How do we deal with this if the program is just always going to say your dps is lower while using multiple projectiles?

Is there any automated way of finding the best skill gems for your damage skills? The program knows your stats so it should be able to automatically pick the highest level of any given gem you can socket but it seems like you need to do it all manually, gem by gem and find the highest you can use.
The DPS calculations do not factor in multiple projectiles (or traps/mines/totems etc), so it will not be able to determine the true effect of GMP/LMP on your DPS. As with many things in the program, the gem sorting isn't intended to give you a 100% definitive ranking of the best support gems, but rather to make it easier to determine the best supports yourself.

"
Jojenmaihem wrote:
Maybe can be doing something wrong... but active auras like Hatred, Anger, Heralds doesn't give additional damage or conversion % from physical.

They indeed reserve mana only and nothing more and can think some more skills don't give any bonus, only reserve mana in the builder.

Maybe I have the builder files corrupted?
Are you sure you don't have Brutality linked to your main skill? It disables non-Physical damage.

"
Antifree wrote:
Dunno, maybe it not a bug and im just blind, but i cant find increasing chaos damage, providing by Spreading Rot (i mean, to targets, affected by blight's hinder). Actually, im not sure if it should work at all, so if someone explain me this it would be nice :)
The damage bonus doesn't apply until you check the "Is the enemy Hindered?" option in the Configuration tab.

"
Found a bug I believe. My character has 10555 ES but PoB thinks it has 10666 so it must be miscalculating something somewhere.

https://pastebin.com/FdrqPZH9
You seem to have more auras activated in the build than your mana can support; you need to go through them and work out which ones you're actually keeping active.

"
nikidino8 wrote:
I have a suggestion about gems, how about adding a maximum player level?

It's a QoL thing but a very nice one, the maximum gem level isn't very useful for the most time, but if we were able to look fast what support gems are at the moment the most damage boosting, we were able to level faster new characters!

If I was not clear enough, choose a lvl 1 Heavy Strike and choose only the lvl 1 support gems, good luck!
I do intend to add better support for levelling at some point, including optional enforcement of level/attribute requirements. It is likely to be a while before I get around to working on it, though.

"
lowfuel wrote:
Bug:

Path of Building still counts Grand Spectrum (viridian jewel) DPS cumulative even after 3 jewels. (gives more than 36%/each)
That is not a bug; the program does not currently enforce jewel limits, as there's no pressing need for it to do so.

"
N1ohöggr wrote:
Is there any way to compare 2 similar builds with a different configuration tab ? I'm trying to see if a Gladiator or a Slayer is the most adapted to my build. Gladiator would have frenzy charge / slayer would have "onslaught" and "have killed recently". Atm, it seems not possible to have 2 different configuration tabs (and I guess 2 different skills / items tab : in this case, my slayer would probably have haemophilia, my gladiator not).
The only way to do it at the moment is to open two copies of the program, load one build in each, then switch back and forth.

"
Sepsetto wrote:
Hi, why Flameblast dps dosnt match with tooltips in game? I have in game 1678 dps. In PoB 10900. I off EOverload, both golems, curses and other dmg types. What i doing wrong? And difference between 1st stage and 10th stage the minimum, not 990% more dmg

https://pastebin.com/3CENTK0t
The game doesn't show the DPS for Flameblast, only the average hit. PoB however shows both; and its calculation for average hit is pretty close in this case, at 1788.

"
Haiatu wrote:
Is there a way to toggle Vaal Skeletons on/off? Vaal skelies effects my minions attack/cast speed, I'm trying to judge a few things dps wise and it would really help a lot.

I see where I can enable/un-enable that gem but doing so doesn't effect my minions damage so I know that's not the toggle, any help
The program doesn't support the "increased Minion X per X you own" modifiers on Femurs of the Saints; there are a few technical challenges involved, unfortunately.

"
Maredasan wrote:
Yo, innervate calculation bugged? When I tick the box for "Is Innervation active?" the dmg doesn't change. Worked a few days ago.
Fixed in the next update.

"
Swaglord1511 wrote:
hello,
somehow im not able to start this programm.. it starts up and then it goes to fullscreeen and im only having a blackscreen.
are there any requirements to run this programm ?
Try updating your graphics drivers.
U'r the man. :o)

this setup is most DPS due to POB. melee phys can be changed to added cold dmg with 1 % damage loss. ingame DPS is like 30% damage loss.

its like from 200K ingame DPS to 160K or so. POB says 1%. and considering this. its nice to go added cold cause of the color rolls :-D. rolling 4 off color is hard enough.

it also feels a lot better with melee phys. thats why i think the calculation of POB is wrong tbh.

its practically the standard forst blades tree and 2 dreamfeathers with high evasion and phys rolls on gear.

https://pastebin.com/pKrstWp1
and u might consider changing "shock" in damage calculation since shocking ground does only 20% more dmg and not 50% with 3.0 changes. overall it depends now on damage done. so maybe add 20% for shocked low and 50% for high damage calc.
Something seems wrong with the calculation in PoB for resistances. Got Act 10 penalty checked and on my wander I got:
>POB<
Fire Resistance: 72% Over Max
Cold Resistance: 63% Over Max
Lightning Resistance: 68% Over Max

>In-game<
Fire Resistance: 12% Over Max
Cold Resistance: 3% Over Max
Lightning Resistance: 8% Over Max

Seems like it ignores the penalty as you can see above, it's 60% more resistance in PoB even with the act 10 penalty checked
I installed Path of Building and imported my character but nothing is showing?
Running into an issue with the newest release of PoB. I downloaded the exe file without issue. My problem comes when I close the program and attempt to reopen it. The program hangs and says "path of building not responding" Anyone else having this issue or can recommend a fix?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info