Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Where is "on full life" checkbox please?
I found a bug! Yay! :)

If you connect a path, then route via another path, then respec out of the first connection, and attempt to despec from another point along the old path, it will try to void all the reconnected points. Guess Ill have to rebuild the wrongly despecced part of the tree.
Trying to install, but both the exe and the zip installations give me a black screen window. Nothing loading, I don't see anything inside the window, just black. I can move the window around etc but nothing inside it, and a bit laggy to move it around. Will leave it on for longer but its been on for a couple minutes already.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
"
Goreena13 wrote:
Very cool program, but i want to notice that deadeye's FAR SHOT Not taken into account (this skill doesn't change dps from any distance whether it is short or long)

v 1.4.57
As far as I'm aware GGG have never given the exact scaling formula for Far Shot, so I can't factor it in.

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Version 1.4.53, fresh downloaded yesterday, say's no update available, but 'still' offers old 2.6 and "new" Beta 3.0 tree as options?
Is 1.4.53 the version shown in the bottom left corner? Or is that the installer version you used? The program updates to the latest version during installation.

"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:
for some reason damage on full life doesnt work on my bow char... i only get the quality bonus dps increase. Is there any reason why thats the case? Or any way to specify that im on full life in dps calculation?
The program doesn't assume that you'll always be on Full Life; you need to set the "Are you always on Full Life?" option in the Configuration tab (it will only show up when you have Damage on Full Life linked to your main skill).

"
JeagerX wrote:
Classes/PassiveTree.lua:61 error anyone ?
That error means that some of the program's data files are missing, which means you probably set up the program from the source .zip. You need to download of the installers from the releases page.

"
dantven wrote:
Hi, is path of building able to calculate DPS for cast on crit setup?

It would mean you would have to simulate attacks per second, crit chance, and damage of spells.
Not yet; it requires quite a few modifications to the skill code to allow it, so it may be a while before I get around to adding it.

"
Nephalim wrote:
There are 123 total passive points in 3.0. not 122.
The next update corrects the passive point total; I was awaiting confirmation before updating it.

"
Allow the searching of non-Support gems in the Skills Tab.
Added in the next update.
"
Allow the user to place a check mark or other symbols on passive skill nodes.
There's a few QoL features planned for the passive tree, but I won't have time to work on them for a while.
"
Is there other funding options besides Patreon?[/b] (e.g. Bitcoins, Paypal, etc)
[Removed by Support]

"
Bnethor wrote:
Does charged dash dmg calculation account for the 100% more damage with hits mod at maximum distance? Seems like it doesn't on the calculations page and I haven't found a way to tick a box or to select an alternative damage state for this skill (akin to bf and bv for example). Great job with the program btw, it almost feels like I "play" this more than PoE itself nowadays..
It doesn't yet; I'm not sure how to handle it, as it scales according to distance.

"
tomatopotato wrote:
Hi Openarl,

Thank you so much for all the work you've put into it. Just wanted to mention that the "Is Innervation active?" calculation doesn't seem to apply to minion damage.
Indeed; it's a rather tricky case to handle, as it's the only case of a buff from a support gem that applies to the minion if linked to a minion skill, so it'll have to wait until I have time to work on non-essential stuff.

"
Racknee wrote:
Where is "on full life" checkbox please?
In the General section of the Configuration tab; but like most options it doesn't show unless it can have some effect (e.g if you have Damage on Full Life in your main skill).

"
taosk8r wrote:
I found a bug! Yay! :)

If you connect a path, then route via another path, then respec out of the first connection, and attempt to despec from another point along the old path, it will try to void all the reconnected points. Guess Ill have to rebuild the wrongly despecced part of the tree.
Are you able to reproduce this consistently? Because I can't manage to reproduce it at all, and what you're describing shouldn't be possible at all.

"
phentix wrote:
Trying to install, but both the exe and the zip installations give me a black screen window. Nothing loading, I don't see anything inside the window, just black. I can move the window around etc but nothing inside it, and a bit laggy to move it around. Will leave it on for longer but its been on for a couple minutes already.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
The only thing I can suggest is updating your graphics driver (the program uses OpenGL to render its UI, so out-of-date drivers can cause issues).
Last edited by Stacey_GGG on Jul 24, 2018, 10:14:42 PM
Hey Openarl, could you add a button near Save / Save us, which would allow to roll back build changes until the last save of the build? So we don't have to close PoB and open again to get the previous version of the current build - without recent changes if we don't want them. Cheers.
"
Openarl wrote:
It doesn't yet; I'm not sure how to handle it, as it scales according to distance.

In that case, may I suggest using the enemy distance calculation like you did with Point Blank? Afaik the max distance is 60 units from the player so it could be a similar value that you just fill in. Obviously it's not as straightforward as "enemy is within x units" but worded like "channel released after x units"?
blade flurry now has

20% more Damage with Hits and Ailments for each stage

EDIT: nvm, 'release at 6 stage' simply doesnt show the average damage boost compared to just setting it to '6 stage'
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Aug 7, 2017, 7:02:18 AM
Hey just wondering if you have any thoughts about the interactions between the ruthless support gem, crimson dance and the bleed damage calculations. My assumptions,

- Crimson Dance stacks up to 8 "active" bleeds, the largest 8 of all possible during their duration.
- 60% increased bleed duration to simply this example, so 8 second bleeds.
- 3 attacks per second
- 100% chance to bleed on hit

- Without ruthless it's just the 8 bleeds from whichever damage rolls are highest and you have 8*3=24 instances of bleed to pick from.

- With ruthless and three attacks per second you have 1 "ruthless blow" and 2 regular attacks per second for an average more multiplier of 0.37. However in this example since you have 8 ruthless blows and 8 instances of bleed ruthless should actually be a 1.13 multiplier for your bleed dps. you hit 24 times total per 8 second window, the biggest of which will be the 8 ruthless blow hits which will have a 1.13 multiplier.

With sufficient attack speed the more multiplier for ruthless is always 1.13. With insufficient it should be something like (actualAPS * bleed duration/24)*1.13 ... I think (only for the bleed component!)

Anyway I might be completely wrong on alot of those assumptions, if not Ruthless is a craaaaazy good bleed damage multiplier

Edit: This is a little poorly worded. My understanding is bleed always picks the biggest instance which does damage, my main assumption is that with crimson dance the 8 biggest instances are counted as doing damage. So with 24 attacks(causing bleeding) within your bleed duration window, with the ruthless support gem, the 8 biggest will be the 8 ruthless blows. So with sufficient attack speed the support gem has a 1.13 multiplier on bleed dps only.

Edit2: Assuming level 20/0 gem above. Also, I guess without Crimson Dance allocated the situation is the same, provided normal aps and bleed duration the "Ruthless Blow" will always be the active bleed. Anyway, thanks for an amazing tool!!
Last edited by Fiended on Aug 7, 2017, 8:08:33 AM
"
I do have a PayPal.me.

I have made a humble donation for your amazing work.

You should make this visible somewhere as I think most people would prefer to donate to you directly. I believe patreon takes a large amount of your earnings and the recurring bases my turn some people away.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hi, im loving the program so far it has helped me to understand my RF build alot more but i have 1 issue. once i imported my character it is missing exactly 60% of all resistances, i assume this is because for some reason the program thinks my level 38 toon has completed act 10 and and received the corresponding debuffs to all res. is there a way to change the res calculations or just edit the resists ?
Last edited by doctruscott on Aug 7, 2017, 3:05:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info