Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Hey man, im not sure im getting this right, but in Path of Building the new support gem "Damage on Full Life" does not increase my DoT Damage with Caustic Arrow if i Link it to the Setup. In the game, the Gem increases the DoT Damage, it seems to work well.

Sorry for my bad english, hope this is the right place to say that :)
Hey man, just a small issue I was wondering about. Before 3.0 PoB was handling Inevitable Judgement calculations. I can understand if its on the todo list for 3.0 but mostly I'm curious about why its lowering my DPS in the meantime, not quite sure how that's possible :P

To the maker of PoB exceptional tool man, cheers. Can you port this to Android? I would buy this as an app in a heartbeat. I already purchased POE mate (which is also great but not as all encompassing as poB though before poB it was actually probably the most full featured build planner with jewels and build metrics outputed as you made changes, it just doesn't model everything like PoB does)
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
doctruscott wrote:
Hi, im loving the program so far it has helped me to understand my RF build alot more but i have 1 issue. once i imported my character it is missing exactly 60% of all resistances, i assume this is because for some reason the program thinks my level 38 toon has completed act 10 and and received the corresponding debuffs to all res. is there a way to change the res calculations or just edit the resists ?

I would guess you imported while an existing build was open and the "level" up at the top of the screen is higher than your actual character?

I don't know maybe not, but I had the reverse problem not long ago I was all "why does my character only have 3.5k hit points with 89 passives spent wtf???" and PoB was all "you've set the character level to 40 dumb dumb" passives you have spent are independent of the character level and it's easy to miss that level can be manually edited and not correct.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
The only thing I can suggest is updating your graphics driver (the program uses OpenGL to render its UI, so out-of-date drivers can cause issues).

Thanks it worked! I'm usually always on top of drivers but for some reason my auto update on geforce was failing and i had to update it from the website.
Last edited by phentix on Aug 7, 2017, 9:24:13 PM
Duped below
Last edited by taosk8r on Aug 7, 2017, 11:01:24 PM
The points I connected and respecced were for Neversinks TS/Barrage Raider, and if you follow his leveling path (to the respec point) (I have a post (bottom of page 890) where I made POE trees instead of the picture links which is about a couple pages back from the end), you should be able to reproduce it.

Hmm, on second thought if you really cannot reproduce it along that path, I suppose there is an outside chance it is do to building the first 2 parts of the tree in the last version, then upgrading and doing that respec part.

Edit: Whoops! forgot to link anything!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989/page/890
Last edited by taosk8r on Aug 8, 2017, 9:49:58 PM
Hey,

First of all keep up this good work, it helps a lot.

Something I notice on the other hand: Scold's Bridle phys dam mod does not count in calcs.
Does anyone know why i get error 403 when i try to import my character?(this error appears when it asks me to enter my account name)
"
Sitnave wrote:
Hey Openarl, could you add a button near Save / Save us, which would allow to roll back build changes until the last save of the build? So we don't have to close PoB and open again to get the previous version of the current build - without recent changes if we don't want them. Cheers.
You don't need to reopen PoB to revert; just close the build without saving. It only takes a moment to reopen a build, so I'm not sure it's worth taking up precious space in the top bar.

"
Bnethor wrote:
In that case, may I suggest using the enemy distance calculation like you did with Point Blank? Afaik the max distance is 60 units from the player so it could be a similar value that you just fill in. Obviously it's not as straightforward as "enemy is within x units" but worded like "channel released after x units"?
Yup, that's doable. I'll add in a travel distance option in the Skill options section; you'll see it in the next update, which should be out sometime in the next few hours.

"
Fiended wrote:
Hey just wondering if you have any thoughts about the interactions between the ruthless support gem, crimson dance and the bleed damage calculations. My assumptions,

<snip>
I'm honestly not sure about the mechanics of Bleed w/ Crimson Dance. That's part of the reason I haven't added full support for it yet (aside from Dual Wielding-related issues). Honestly, calculating the average DPS of Bleed or Ignite over time is damn difficult even without Crimson Dance; which is why PoB doesn't do it yet (it just shows the average DPS of each instance).

"
doctruscott wrote:
Hi, im loving the program so far it has helped me to understand my RF build alot more but i have 1 issue. once i imported my character it is missing exactly 60% of all resistances, i assume this is because for some reason the program thinks my level 38 toon has completed act 10 and and received the corresponding debuffs to all res. is there a way to change the res calculations or just edit the resists ?
Path of Building is designed for planning endgame builds, so it does assume that you've completed Act 10 and all the passive point quests. If you need to correct for the resistance penalty, you can add a custom modifier to one of your rare items: in the Items tab, double-click a rare, then click "Add modifier...", select "Custom" from the Source dropdown, then put in "+60% to all Elemental Resistances".

"
Hi2u wrote:
Hey man, im not sure im getting this right, but in Path of Building the new support gem "Damage on Full Life" does not increase my DoT Damage with Caustic Arrow if i Link it to the Setup. In the game, the Gem increases the DoT Damage, it seems to work well.

Sorry for my bad english, hope this is the right place to say that :)
The program doesn't assume that you are always on Full Life (unless you are CI), so you need to set the "Are you always on Full Life?" option in the Configuration tab (it will only show up if you have Damage on Full Life linked to your main skill).

"
bluechipps32 wrote:
Hey man, just a small issue I was wondering about. Before 3.0 PoB was handling Inevitable Judgement calculations. I can understand if its on the todo list for 3.0 but mostly I'm curious about why its lowering my DPS in the meantime, not quite sure how that's possible :P
As far as I can tell Inevitable Judgement is working fine. Note that it causes critical strikes to not only ignore the enemy's own resistances, but also any penetration that you have, and any resistance reductions (e.g Elemental Weakness) that you have applied.

Consequently, if you are using any penetration or resistance curses then taking Inevitable Judgement will in fact decrease your DPS against enemies which have no inherit resistances, but against enemies that do (e.g bosses) it can be a significant increase. You can set the "Is the enemy a Boss?" option in the Configuration tab to see exactly how boss resistances and curse effect modifiers affect the power of Inevitable Judgement.

"
alhazred70 wrote:
To the maker of PoB exceptional tool man, cheers. Can you port this to Android? I would buy this as an app in a heartbeat. I already purchased POE mate (which is also great but not as all encompassing as poB though before poB it was actually probably the most full featured build planner with jewels and build metrics outputed as you made changes, it just doesn't model everything like PoB does)
That would require a huge amount of work, unfortunately. Aside from needing to port the code itself, the entire UI would need to be rebuilt to be usable on a phone.

"
taosk8r wrote:
The points I connected and respecced were for Neversinks TS/Barrage Raider, and if you follow his leveling path (to the respec point) (I have a post (top of page 891) where I made POE trees instead of the picture links which is about a couple pages back from the end), you should be able to reproduce it.

Hmm, on second thought if you really cannot reproduce it along that path, I suppose there is an outside chance it is do to building the first 2 parts of the tree in the last version, then upgrading and doing that respec part.
I followed those steps and still failed to reproduce it. Is there any chance you are mistaken about this actually occurring? Because as I said before, it should be impossible, as the node dependencies (the lists of nodes that would be deallocated along with that node) are rebuilt for all nodes every time you allocate or deallocate a node, so no node can ever deallocate nodes that aren't currently depending on it.

"
KisBali wrote:
Hey,

First of all keep up this good work, it helps a lot.

Something I notice on the other hand: Scold's Bridle phys dam mod does not count in calcs.
Where exactly are you expecting it to count?

"
hapsy96 wrote:
Does anyone know why i get error 403 when i try to import my character?(this error appears when it asks me to enter my account name)
Have you updated to the latest version? That issue was fixed in the 1.4.57 update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info