Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

On windows 10, after install, on startup, I received an error for missing msvcr100.dll (a file from Microsoft Visual C++ Redist.)

I initially tried to add the single file to the system manually to sysWOW64 directory. No go

Tried adding msvcr100.dll to path of building directory. No go

Tried repairing earlier versions of MSVCR, and updating to latest ver. No go.

Ultimately, installed Microsoft Visual Studio Community version. All clear.

Even though earlier C++ Redistributables included msvcr100.dll, this app still could not locate it. Google searching shows that numerous other apps are having this issue after upgrading to W10, so probably permission issues, but I didn't research much more than that.

The Visual Studio Community Version can be found here.
https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/
"
Sitnave wrote:
Would you be able to add a "Support" next to support gems in the Skills pane, which would make possible to filter gems for only support ones? I mean changing all "Added Fire Damage" to "Added Fire Damage Support" and so on.

I've never really liked the addition of 'Support' to the support gem names as I feel it just adds clutter, so I'd prefer to keep the old gem names; also, changing the gem names may cause issues with existing builds, but I could add code to guard against that. I do have a better solution in the works though; at some point I'll be adding some filter options to the gem list dropdown, so you can choose to display only supports, or only valid supports (ones with the green tick). If I get the time, it may be in the major update that I'm currently working on.

"
On windows 10, after install, on startup, I received an error for missing msvcr100.dll (a file from Microsoft Visual C++ Redist.)

I deliberately compiled the program's binaries using an old version of Visual Studio, 2010, to try and avoid these issues, under the assumption that everyone would have the 2010 redist. It looks like that decision wasn't enough to save me from Microsoft's incompetence though. Going by what I've been reading, it looks like one something (probably one of the Windows updates) is messing with some 2010 redist installs. I don't think there's anything I can do about it since it doesn't seem to be specific to this program.
Don't feel like reading through nearly a dozen pages, but was wondering if the ability to share your tree and whatnot with players who don't have / use Path of Building could be implemented. I see there's a code generator, but it's not like say PoESkillTree where it'll generate a link that you just drop in the browser and bam, there's your build.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Last edited by VictusBcb on Oct 11, 2016, 2:41:04 AM
"
VictusBcb wrote:
Don't feel like reading through nearly a dozen pages, but was wondering if the ability to share your tree and whatnot with players who don't have / use Path of Building could be implemented. I see there's a code generator, but it's not like say PoESkillTree where it'll generate a link that you just drop in the browser and bam, there's your build.

There's an Export Tree button below the passive tree that will allow you to do that.
Any chance this could be built for a Linux machine? Would be nice to have the option when not on Windows. :D
"
Openarl wrote:
"
VictusBcb wrote:

There's an Export Tree button below the passive tree that will allow you to do that.

Thank you for that ^_^
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Hi,

some values seem to not be included in calculations (like mouse-over when hovering over passive tree nodes), am I correct in my assumption that all stats that are shown in grey color on items are not calculated as they are not recognized as such (probably recognized as text)?

How easy or difficult is it to include those? (for example, Dreamfeather unique sword stat "1% increased attack damage per 450 evasion rating)

Unfortunately also no flasks are possible yet, while Pathfinder is still a thing - but we can't have it all of course :)
"
Zetal wrote:
Any chance this could be built for a Linux machine? Would be nice to have the option when not on Windows. :D

It may happen at some point, but there's a bit of work involved since some of the binaries need to be ported. It'd most likely be someone else doing it since I have 0 experience coding for Linux and OSX; I have had someone offer to do it but I haven't heard back from them in a while.

"
daish0 wrote:
some values seem to not be included in calculations (like mouse-over when hovering over passive tree nodes), am I correct in my assumption that all stats that are shown in grey color on items are not calculated as they are not recognized as such (probably recognized as text)?

Your assumption is correct; anything in blue is recognised and functional, everything else is unsupported. That is mentioned in the readme on GitHub, but I think I need to put it in an FAQ or possibly somewhere in the program, as a lot of people seem to miss it. The next major update does change the colour of unsupported modifiers to a reddish colour to try and convey the fact that they don't work.

"
daish0 wrote:
How easy or difficult is it to include those? (for example, Dreamfeather unique sword stat "1% increased attack damage per 450 evasion rating)

The next major update contains a complete overhaul of the program's modifier system that will add support for a lot of modifiers, including "x per y" modifiers such as those on Dreamfeather and Shaper's Touch. Still no ETA on when that update will be out; there's still a lot of work left to do (I'm also rebuilding the Calcs tab to take advantage of the new modifier tech).

"
daish0 wrote:
Unfortunately also no flasks are possible yet, while Pathfinder is still a thing - but we can't have it all of course :)

Flasks are definitely on the TODO list, but there's a lot of work involved. It might be in the next major update after the one I'm currently working on, but no promises.
Would you be able to implement a totem counter and include it in DPS statistics for measuring DPS with a Templar's Ritual of Awakening node (8% less totem damage per totem)?

Also, I'm not sure if Edge of Madness's affix increasing damage per character level is included in DPS calculations.
Last edited by Sitnave on Oct 13, 2016, 7:20:54 AM
And the great QOL to consider - a possibility to sort items/uniques by total DPS Increase (from highest to lowest), something like:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info