Path of Exile 2.4.0: Atlas of Worlds Patch Notes

"
Aerinx wrote:
They needed to record new lines for the Atlas, probably the original actress was not available to do the work. I'm sad because I really liked her voice, I hope the new one will still have that accent.

ah, that would explain it
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Cast when Stunned now also triggers when blocking a hit that would stun.

So this was brought up by RaizQT on stream but didn't this already happen?

According to Mark_GGG it already worked this way 2 years ago, unless I'm missing something:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548434/page/2
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
As a player with..

CoC chars, juggernaut mjolner char, Reach of the Council chars, poison chars & probably every other char that was ever FotM....

... Amazing patch notes, much love. Don't listen to the whiners, they need to learn some math skills and not blindly read patch notes and shout "nerfed to shit". Hint: brought in line with other skills =/ nerfed to shit.

People will always find new FotM builds, and GGG is doing an amazing job of giving YOU, the playerbase, the oppertunity to play ANY skill you want - because they are all decent. Not OP, not garbage, but competive enough to clear all content in game with a reasonable investment.

This patch brought many new options to the table, while all nerfed builds are STILL good enough to clear anything you want. CoC sounds like a nerf on paper but (if you adjust and dont use discharge) is an actual buff at the cost of less shiny graphics.. So maybe you won't be instabooted from parties for destroying other peoples FPS.

PS. They still got some skill buffing/adjusting to do, they are not there yet, but they do try, and that is important.
Funny thing is when you paid 1000$ to get a new PC in order to try CoC and now it's brick.
Keep complaining about your in-game exalts guys = )).

Anyhow, when a patch note gets to around 100 pages in just one day after release, there is obviously something wrong with it, statistically. People can not comment with just "Yay" or "Hyped" for even just 30 pages straight.
Ah, and Lightning Arrow got nerfed into the ground while poison reach builds got nerfed by like 20% (not counting the reach legacy, meaning it won't hit nearly its current power level in challenge leagues).

I can deal with that. I admit that it was too powerful. Kinda amusing that LA totally sucks for single-target now, though.
"
"
Coal48 wrote:
+technical performance improvements are always greatly welcomed
+The master limit in the hideout being increased to maximum is a really good improvement

-no idea why you think there was a need to replace Zana's voice actor, waste of money

-if I understand correctly, the changes to incinerate, making it a "channeled skill: completely destroys the build I made?

Maybe some people will help me clarify if it's the case or not, here's how it works:

1. use romira's banquet to generate power charges on non-critical strikes
2. take conviction of power from the hierophant to have 25% chance to generate endurance charges on power charges
3. incinerate cannot crit, so you always generate power charges, so on every hit, you have 25% chance to get a endurance charge
4. incinerate as a fast cast speed so you hit very often and so generate maximum endurance charges quickly
5. from there you can keep them, consume them with immortal call (which is what I do) or consume them with discharge
6. if I understand the mechanic change correctly, the build now only can generate 1 power charge when activated, and so 25% chance to get only 1 endurance charge when hitting something, even if you make multiple hits while channeling, it won't count, you need to stop and activate the skill another time to generate another charge

and if that's the case, that god damn breaks my heart, since I'm a very bad player, this build was my remedy, I guess I can still technically make it work by using a non-channeled skill but it will be vastly inferior and I cannot keep using incinerate anymore

-I have a question about Navali, when you seeked prophecies from her in Merciless Highgate (act4) was it also based on Merciless Twilight Strand? because if not, it would be an inferior choice to seek her in your hideout rather than in Highgate.

-I still don't understand why sweep is always balanced weaker than cleave, the AoE doesn't justify it, Sweep is an inferior choice to cleave if you're using two-handed swords and axes

-why do you write at the end of you phrases "this is a buff"? I'm pretty sure everyone can make tell what is a buff or not, you're not even consistent when you say it...

-The juggernaut was a weak ascendancy, the buff to unrelenting made the class good but now because you've nerfed it, it's back to being weak again, less, but still, the appeal has been removed

Overall I disagree with a lot of the nerfs and will always disagree to leaving legacy items, you destroyed the only good build I made (in my 4 years of playing), there are a few good things here and there but except for the performance improvements and hideout master limits, the buffs and less impactful than the nerfs

Sounds like a fun build to bad is rip now.

You can use barrage - around same hits/second, not a channeled skill, and probably alot easier to use for a "bad" player as you called yourself - as it can offscreen and doesn't need the melee range that incinerate does.

Not to mention you don't need stun immunity with barrage.

edit: I know barrage can crit, however, the way the charge generation works, and the low base crit chance on barrage - it won't be less charges, i have a feeling you'll actually end up getting more of them simply because of how much easier it is to hit things with barrage (since it can pierce)

As for Navali:

There were act specific prophecies, not sure how that will turn out now that it's h/o only. And as far as my reading comprehension goes: you rescue her in the cliffs, and can invite her into your hideout for free (not losing a master spot) - sounds to me that you can ONLY use her in hideout to me.
Last edited by falagar112 on Aug 31, 2016, 10:49:37 AM
I already feel bad about old Zana and her lovely slavic accent. :(

Especially when Navali and her annoying shrill screams stays in game.
all the tears are delicious
my english sux.
After a well needed break (skipped Prophecy) I'm very hyped for the new patch and league !
Not sure what will be my first build but some patch notes erased one from my list, which is fine, I'm pretty ok with most of the tweaks.
In the future, to avoid a lot of rage (though not all of it), GGG might consider announcing that they "don't like" certain usage of skills/interactions, and they plan to change them in the future, even if they currently have no set plan on how.

This may prevent people from planning ahead and working toward their "dream builds" that use these mechanics in unintended ways. Until official word is given that they are not intended, or the power level is too high for GGG's liking, as obvious as some potential nerfs are, there is room for thinking that they should try to optimize their builds in certain ways that will be nerfed and cause deserved outrage.

Personally, I've never used builds that were nerfed this hard, but I can clearly see how people would be upset. (also, there is very little good news in these patch notes, leading to more negativity than positivity, and there are always people who will take joy in other's pain who enjoy rubbing it in for no good reason)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info