Is shield block considered stun? (mechanically)

tried it once again

lvl 69 map with some dmg mods

3500hp, 4300armor, 9000ev, 48block

cast on stun linked to molten shell (cast on dmg taken to detonate dead/endcry)

molten shell activated total ZERO times

blocking does not count as stun
The problem you are running into is having too much HP to be stunned or evading the hit that would have otherwise stunned you, I just tried it with a Rhoa charge (fuck it was annoying to cause it to charge) on a character with iron reflexes, and successfully took a charge, took no damage (EG blocked, due to no other mitigation), and had my spell trigger. FYI I had to turn off my grace and determination auras to take enough damage for this to work, keep in mind this will work for every hit you block as CI :)

Block will indeed constitute a stun if the hit would have otherwise stunned you. Confirmed with controlled testing.

The answer to your question is pretty simple.

Block is not considered a stun.

A stun is always considered a stun, even if its blocked.

If you get stunned, the gem will trigger, no matter if you are using a shield or not, and no matter if you block or not.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"
KalHirol wrote:

The answer to your question is pretty simple.

Block is not considered a stun.

A stun is always considered a stun, even if its blocked.

If you get stunned, the gem will trigger, no matter if you are using a shield or not, and no matter if you block or not.
This is correct.
"
Winterz wrote:
The problem you are running into is having too much HP to be stunned or evading the hit that would have otherwise stunned you, I just tried it with a Rhoa charge (fuck it was annoying to cause it to charge) on a character with iron reflexes, and successfully took a charge, took no damage (EG blocked, due to no other mitigation), and had my spell trigger. FYI I had to turn off my grace and determination auras to take enough damage for this to work, keep in mind this will work for every hit you block as CI :)

Block will indeed constitute a stun if the hit would have otherwise stunned you. Confirmed with controlled testing.

But you have a 50% chance to avoid being stunned with energy shield.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info