Path of Exile 2.4.0: Atlas of Worlds Patch Notes

I need clarification on the CoC nerf: Will the 500 MS cooldown be on the support gem like cwdt or will it be per spell linked to it? I think per spell would make alot more sense, as it will retain the fun of finding multiple spells that A. Complement each other and B. scale off the same nodes when building a CoC character.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Other Balance Changes:
  • Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before.

So people who have day jobs and stuff can no longer get level 100 in a league?
not cool
This is a buff.
ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by passofexhale on Sep 1, 2016, 9:28:33 AM
My thoughts:

Making the game more challenging by nerfing some of the more powerful skills is a good thing, and is consistent with the goal of creating balance.

Nerfing the skills into the ground so that they are significantly weaker than other options is a bad thing, and creates more imbalance.

I play many characters, one of which was a jugg Mjolner and two were CoC (Wand Barrage). I expected nerfs, but not to such a massive extent. It looks like the recent change to Mjolner (100% proc rate) will make it playable again, but the numbers just don't look good for CoC. I think it might be a good idea to change the cooldown from 0.5s to 0.25s per spell. As it stands now, it'll be better to just self cast spells.

I like to experiment with a variety of builds so the CoC nerf doesn't bother me too much, but I would like to at least have the option of playing CoC down the line if I feel like it without feeling gimped.

As far as the complaints in this thread, they are quite legitimate. This game seems to be forever stuck in beta, with sweeping changes made very often and the devs playing whack-a-mole after each temp league. This game is a massive grind and contains very desirable gear that takes a long time to acquire, and these sorts of sweeping changes really turn off a lot of players. Again, its not the nerfs that are the issue, it's the extent of the nerfs that is the problem.

I personally don't care all that much about the loss of a legacy Mjolner since at least the Reach and Voidheart going legacy compensates me for more than what was lost, but I definitely sympathize with those that lost 40+ex on their legacy Mjolners (and have to be subjected to the sociopathic individuals in this thread that really get a kick out of beating others when they're down). Hopefully the buff to 100% proc rate will allow you to recoup your losses to some extent.

Last edited by DicemanX on Sep 1, 2016, 9:35:03 AM
"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Other Balance Changes:
  • Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before.

So people who have day jobs and stuff can no longer get level 100 in a league?

never got a char over 93. dont know why GGG do this shit. all guys who lvl 1-100 in few day will still have their ways (e.g. sreamers who get maps and currency from fanboys) and all casual (wich are the most ofc) get a kick in their ass
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
Bars wrote:
This patch is looking more and more as if they had a brainstorming meeting 'how to piss off everyone'.

What they wrote on the board:

- nerf the fuck out of coc and mjolner builds, they aren't popular anyway
- nerf miners
- nerf the best melee skill, make the second-best skill slightly better and give meaningless 5% buffs to the other melees writing 'THIS IS A BUFF' to add insult to injury
- don't do anything about the lab, don't even mention it in patch notes and pretend it's great

They released the patch and it worked well but then someone had a sudden inspiration and said: wait! Let's ninja-edit the patch notes, shaft legacy mjolner owners and nerf high-level XP gain even further because there were a few players of each class which hit 100 last league! (much high-fiving and fist-pumping ensued and they carried on with it)

"
Towlg wrote:
And GGG just forcing to trade uber fragments / red maps and run countless gorges as before Ascendancy. In Essence league I shall simple buy killing of Guardians and Shaper for challenge and don't try them for himself if I can't oneshot them. -10% is too much.

It's 'nice' to add content that players will never see.

Probably the best comments on the patch notes so far (unfortunately something from another thread)
I like the direction we're heading in. Not sarcasm.

Just trying not to drown in the sea of salt that is this thread. Not sarcasm either.
I'll just add my current gear to my shop thread, so people could find me some upgrades...
BB my EQ Jugger...
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Excited that GGG had the balls to nerf something that badly needed a nerf (CoC) with the knowledge that it was going to anger a lot of people. It seems like the majority of those complaining about CoC didn't want to play Path of Exile, they wanted to ignore all of what makes Path of Exile so intricate and fun. I love building scrappy characters that focus on one of the many great things about this game to try and survive. One build I'll try armor, the next I'll try ES/ES recharge rate, maybe the next I'll cap dodge with life regen. I've been playing this game a while now and i still have not tried every option out there to survive. I don't understand why the nerfing of one insanely OP skill would cause someone to stop playing Path of Exile...i just don't get it. It's like we aren't even playing the same game.

Anyways, kudos to you GGG and thanks for your hard work. Know there are those of us out there that appreciate it <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info