Path of Exile 2.4.0: Atlas of Worlds Patch Notes

Hmmm...seems to have died down finally (also GGG has now put another post up). So the final tally is 120 pages. K. I'll put this down as the new record and henceforth all new posts will be judged with it as the target.

Nice work, guys! :)

Edit: Lol! Apparently not. :p
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 1, 2016, 5:40:15 AM
"
visibledark wrote:
"Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before."

What's the reasoning behind this change?

More high level maps (as well as T16 maps) being added, I imagine. Plus the folks who're planning on cheesing the Atlas so as to only get high lvl maps to drop by limiting their Atlas-completion.

They really don't want too many people reaching lvl 100 (the reason being that the game is still considered incomplete), so this is to discourage that. Blizzard does something similar with every expansion of WoW by just raising the level cap, but that won't work in PoE owing to how the passive tree system works (raising level cap = more passive points = even more power creep), so they instead choose to make the highest levels much harder to achieve. The idea is that now players will just decide it's not worth it to go all the way to 100 due to this penalty. They'll probably remove it at some point in the (far!) future when they've added enough content (we'll probably only have 1 difficulty as well by that point).
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 1, 2016, 5:46:41 AM
"
Helmsman527 wrote:

In my experience, person trying to discredit others is usually the one that has no case to present.

While these changes may seem drastic for some people it does bring some builds in more even playing field with others. Let's not forget that balance is a continuous process, so this does not mean that these changes will remain as is in upcoming month or two. While I don't agree with everything GGG does, I find that actually playing the game can change the way you've originally felt about certain changes whether for good, or bad.
The damage bonus of the Less Duration support gem has been reduced. At level 1, it has been reduced from 20% to 10%. At level 20, it has been reduced from 29% to 19%. Given the strong utility of this gem, it doesn't need a damage bonus that high.

Earthquake's aftershock damage has been reduced from 60% more (at level 1, tapered upwards) to 50% more at all Levels. Its mana cost has been increased from 6 to 10. Its aftershock area of effect has been reduced by 12%. With the wide-ranging melee buffs and adjustment to Earthquake, we expect to see a much more balanced use of melee skills.

OMG

Game Performance Balance:
nerf most used weapons (voltaxic, etc..)
nerf all big active skills (So that no longer plays.)
Push boring low effect skills.

=== no lags yeah!
"
Other Balance Changes:

Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before.

Jeezuz motherphuqing kriste!!!!! Thanks for continuously shitting on us solo players who have yet to remotely get close to lvl 100 (my highest is 95).

Oh, and phuq you very much for nerfing unrelenting even more!

"
Thanks for your continued and generous support. We're greatly looking forward to exploring the Atlas of Worlds with you this weekend!

Not anytime soon....if ever again.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Sep 1, 2016, 6:45:55 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
visibledark wrote:
"Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before."

What's the reasoning behind this change?

More high level maps (as well as T16 maps) being added, I imagine. Plus the folks who're planning on cheesing the Atlas so as to only get high lvl maps to drop by limiting their Atlas-completion.

They really don't want too many people reaching lvl 100 (the reason being that the game is still considered incomplete), so this is to discourage that. Blizzard does something similar with every expansion of WoW by just raising the level cap, but that won't work in PoE owing to how the passive tree system works (raising level cap = more passive points = even more power creep), so they instead choose to make the highest levels much harder to achieve. The idea is that now players will just decide it's not worth it to go all the way to 100 due to this penalty. They'll probably remove it at some point in the (far!) future when they've added enough content (we'll probably only have 1 difficulty as well by that point).

Thanks for the answer. After having posted my question, I came to the same conclusion as you :)
even gems on your chars should remain "legacy".

come on, you spend like 6 months, a year, or even more, to build a char
you spend money, seek for the best possible items

and suddenly your char is useless and you have to change everything ?

is it supposed to motivate you to play the game or stop it ?

answer is simple.
"
m_a_c_k wrote:
"Remote Mine's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time."

nice, it was added later ?

Nice, I thought I was the only one who noticed it among the mjolner crying babies
sigh......well rip my mjolnir and another exp nerf. Im really salty right now.
GGG just threw us solo players to the dogs.
"
frenchlion wrote:
answer is simple.

You've been here three years and the game has constantly been changing the entire time.

Seems to be working.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info