The Design Process of my Ring : Valyrium

Pretty nice unique. I'm planing on making all my chars ES-based for AoW, so I'll probably buy this.

Just hoping that people won't hype it to raise the price. It's only marginally better than the alternative, and its actual price should be a few chaos more than chayula.
what is dead may never die
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
PathOfOtter wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

Another interesting point is the wiki says that hits you block that otherwise would have stunned you do not count as being stunned, fwiw. With this in mind would you want to use a shield? Or perhaps a staff would be better?

Staves still have block, though. I'd say a shield with life, resists, and low block chance/ES would be worth in survival what it costs in clearspeed generally, though I could be wrong. A +1 Power or Ele Leech corrupted staff or a really GG Eclipse Staff probably wins out in the end if you can make the resists work.

So if you go for max block ci, it's better to not get it, since you block all the hits and block recovery is more useful (if it doesn't count as stun when you block then it does nothing for block stun time)?
Block animation chance is equal to stun chance for the hit you blocked, so the ring helps VS blocked attacks if you're using it as intended. But block animations are not stun animations, so block animations can't proc CwS, and in our niche case (Cast When Stunned build), that's an important distinction.
"
XibalbaL wrote:
Pretty nice unique. I'm planing on making all my chars ES-based for AoW, so I'll probably buy this.

Just hoping that people won't hype it to raise the price. It's only marginally better than the alternative, and its actual price should be a few chaos more than chayula.

if it will be much higher in price no one will use it. as unless you play non crit you would most likely want to go with diamond rings like:
http://poe.trade/search/okiyekositobet (es, dual res + what not).

but as i said in my previous posts, its a interesting unique and there will be builds that find it useful, unless it will be to hyped as you said and the price will skyrocket

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Aug 5, 2016, 9:08:21 AM
I don't want to co-opt OP's thread any more than we already have, but I have many more thoughts and some questions about a CwS build with this ring. Should we take it to PM's or another thread?
Thank you OP

You've just enabled this amulet

:)
Game of Thrones is fake btw - scripts and actors. I'm not sure why most Americans think it's real.

Nice ring though I like it.
This ring is badass for CI builds that need their neck slot (helllooo Voll's Devotion).

I think the design is awesome. I always wanted something this. I'm tired of hunting for +1 chayulas.

Nice Unique OP.

I had 11k es with skyforth and stun based on es was not working very well. If you use aura, aoe gem, high dps - ring can work.

Graphics is very nice, but to have item with presence of blood is "sick" :).
Last edited by Rexeos on Aug 5, 2016, 11:27:09 AM
Everyone who says it is not a good item is an idiot.
Most likely theese are the players who will try to buy it for 40 exalt when a streamer says it is useable.

</thread>

Btw this makes up for that little resist loss I think.

Last edited by krenderke on Aug 5, 2016, 11:54:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info