The Design Process of my Ring : Valyrium

I need to start watching Game of Thrones again. It had too much incest and too much talking for my taste and so i stopped watching it.

OP, nice ring. I will want it on all my future Ci builds :)
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
good unique.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Perq wrote:

Stun Immunity is FAR better than Stun based on ES. You still can get hit by huge hits which will take big chunk of your ES, and still be stunned. Not that this will happen often, but sometimes it could be enough to get killed. So that is a factor.
This is not a straightforwad upgrade compared to chayula. Different aproach, different cost associated, and probably different rarity.

How many time did you see a 5-6k health character get stunned?? We are talking about 10k effective health, you will alomost never get stunned, and on top of that, you have 50% chance to avoid stun when you have ES. It is equal to Chayula in term of stun resistance, period
"
Regulator wrote:
First of all good job for implementing your item and leaving your mark in the game.

Second do you know the rarity tier it belongs to?

Third the ring while simple in design unfortunately is a straightforwad upgrade compared to chayula, instant BiS for any CI/LL build so basically every ES based build. Directly outperforming it in almost any situation (pvp excluded)

Ring gives 15 to 45 flat es, ES based stun threshold (main attribute) and -15 to -10 total res (irrelevant)

Chayula gives 10 to 16 all stats, stun immunity (main attribute), 30% IIR (irrelevant), 20% reduced max life (irrelevant)

That extra flat ES while providing basically what chayula is used for + freeing up the much more important amulet slot are simply too many upsides compared to the latter with virtually no downside (that it if you are indeed looking to solve your stun issues in you character). Its utility and power and lack of downsides make it istant BiS and thats bad design in the end.

BIS for CI/LL - LOL you sir are out of your mind.
you can not compare full immunity to increase threshold base on the es. the -40% cold is a pain, cause while you may think its nothing, go for minus res map with ele weakness and then tell me the same.
Also stun threshold means shit if you get few hits that will lower your es, and before the regen kick in you may get stunlocked very easly. Dont forget that you may corrupt the amu (eye) for + 1 curse for example.
Overall the rings is nice and I think it will find it place in many builds, but this will never replace eye of chayula as a BIS item for stun problem
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
I play a lot of es builds and it was always a hassle that you are basically forced to wear an eye of chayula. The only alternative is "Bastion Of Hope" if you play a guardian. It works nice with a pledge of hands and the "Whirling Barrier" notable and a rumis.

But finally having a real competitor to eoc is really nice. Was there a time where Valyrium were more similiar to auxium like that stun threshold is based on a percentage of energy shield? Or mabye even on a es+life for hybrid chars? Would make sense because your es pool is usually larger then your life pool.
"
xGeronimo87x wrote:
I play a lot of es builds and it was always a hassle that you are basically forced to wear an eye of chayula. The only alternative is "Bastion Of Hope" if you play a guardian. It works nice with a pledge of hands and the "Whirling Barrier" notable and a rumis.

But finally having a real competitor to eoc is really nice. Was there a time where Valyrium were more similiar to auxium like that stun threshold is based on a percentage of energy shield? Or mabye even on a es+life for hybrid chars? Would make sense because your es pool is usually larger then your life pool.

Total hit damage is also often larger than pure cold damage.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Miazga wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:
First of all good job for implementing your item and leaving your mark in the game.

Second do you know the rarity tier it belongs to?

Third the ring while simple in design unfortunately is a straightforwad upgrade compared to chayula, instant BiS for any CI/LL build so basically every ES based build. Directly outperforming it in almost any situation (pvp excluded)

Ring gives 15 to 45 flat es, ES based stun threshold (main attribute) and -15 to -10 total res (irrelevant)

Chayula gives 10 to 16 all stats, stun immunity (main attribute), 30% IIR (irrelevant), 20% reduced max life (irrelevant)

That extra flat ES while providing basically what chayula is used for + freeing up the much more important amulet slot are simply too many upsides compared to the latter with virtually no downside (that it if you are indeed looking to solve your stun issues in you character). Its utility and power and lack of downsides make it istant BiS and thats bad design in the end.

BIS for CI/LL - LOL you sir are out of your mind.
you can not compare full immunity to increase threshold base on the es. the -40% cold is a pain, cause while you may think its nothing, go for minus res map with ele weakness and then tell me the same.
Also stun threshold means shit if you get few hits that will lower your es, and before the regen kick in you may get stunlocked very easly. Dont forget that you may corrupt the amu (eye) for + 1 curse for example.
Overall the rings is nice and I think it will find it place in many builds, but this will never replace eye of chayula as a BIS item for stun problem
The breaking point for being stunned as life based is about 6k life, 6.5k to be safe. Even a shit ES build will have minimum 8k ES.

Thats not how stun works lol, stun is based off your total maximum life, not off your current. If it was based off your current you would literally get stun locked anytime you took damage.

Also, the most interesting this about this ring is the part the base ES stun mechanic. As long as you have atleast 1 es you have a 50% chance to not be stunned. Im assuming this also applies soo even if you took a big enough hit (you wont) to be stunned, that base mechanic would be in place.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Won't this be crazy on a 'cast on stun' if you put it on a life build with just a slither of ES,every enemy will stun you.
"
Miazga wrote:
still this does not replace eye of chayula.

its good tho, but high threshold will never beat full immunity.

you are pretty much immune if you go CI because you will have TONS of Energy Shield. An average Life based build with 5k - 6k life rarely gets stunned --> a CI build with easily over 10k ES will practically never get stunned. The mod is way too OP for a ring.
If I was running a ES build and already had my necklace slot taken for something besides an eye of chaylua, like say a Voll's devo, this is a pretty cool option.
The ring will hopefully be reasonably common and a cheap cost , mainly because people will write it off as trash for cookie cutter es builds that just use a chaylua by default.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info