Make POE multi Player again

"
Perq wrote:
"
Partying stopped started being a significant source of fun when they added permanent allocation and everyone started using it by default.

ftf.

Also, why partying is ded? Well, try searching for a party... Before the plague of all those idiots posting trades in public boards, I was partying quite a lot. People aren't even using them anymore, because all you can find there are scammy trades.

Without loot tension, party play is boring. Since the content is completely trivialized by party play there's no source of excitement. Since the content will still be trivialized regardless of whether or not you lift a finger, the facerolling isn't really your accomplishment so there's little satisfaction to be taken in it. The only thing that's slightly satisfying in parties is if you're strong enough to carry a group but even that is outweighed by getting less loot for your troubles.

Loot tension gives party play a source of excitement. It gives you a chance at taking advantage of the iir/iiq bonuses instead of being at a net loss despite them. It also gives a great amount of satisfaction to "ninja" loot from someone, even if it's something little like an orb of chance, because it gives you a small victory.

I know what I find fun isn't universal, but this is my perspective on parties. They just haven't been fun for me since the loot tension was removed.
Parties already have the advantage of clearing faster and more loot, the only reason you dont notice more loot is because unlike in the old days people had balls to put it on short allocation. It was much funner that way too.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info