Make POE multi Player again

"
Perq wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
This game has been singleplayer since open beta.

Players were carrying entire parties just for the loot while those who were carried only cared about XP.

Why would you carry a party, when they effectively decrease the amount of items you get? Unless, of course, one of them is a culler?

Spoiler
1 player - 100% loot
2 players - 150% loot, 75% per player
3 players - 200% loot, 66,7% per player
4 players - 250% loot, 62,5% per player
and so on.

In those times, it was understood that there were two people: those who carried and those who got carried. Those who carried got the loot. Those who were carried got the XP without trying.

No, it wasn't every case. But that's what I almost always ran into whenever I checked.
Monsters only get 60% extra life/player in merciless. That is a good incentive to join a party.
Monsters only get 60% extra life/player in merciless. That is a good incentive to join a party.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
This game has been singleplayer since open beta.

Players were carrying entire parties just for the loot while those who were carried only cared about XP.

Why would you carry a party, when they effectively decrease the amount of items you get? Unless, of course, one of them is a culler?

Spoiler
1 player - 100% loot
2 players - 150% loot, 75% per player
3 players - 200% loot, 66,7% per player
4 players - 250% loot, 62,5% per player
and so on.

In those times, it was understood that there were two people: those who carried and those who got carried. Those who carried got the loot. Those who were carried got the XP without trying.

No, it wasn't every case. But that's what I almost always ran into whenever I checked.

I remember these times and wouldn't mind them coming back. I usually carry in maps to help friends level and such. Been dieting late 80s mostly.
Partying stopped being a significant source of fun when they added permanent allocation and everyone started using it by default.
Map drops are higher in party and you can share maps.
That is the only reason for party.
Need more brains, exile?
"
MasterTBC wrote:
Map drops are higher in party

It's not true and if it was it would make partying a must.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
"
MasterTBC wrote:

Doesn't grouping increases the quantity modifier for the map ?
If the group sticks together, that means more map drops for everyone, since they are sharing.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
"
MasterTBC wrote:

Doesn't grouping increases the quantity modifier for the map ?
If the group sticks together, that means more map drops for everyone, since they are sharing.

Yes but only for unique maps.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Partying
Thanks, did not know ( not partying much ).
Well it helps getting more currency and therefore better rolling the maps + getting unique maps, but thats it then.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info