Make POE multi Player again

Remember in Beta and subsequent leagues before the "META" stuff happened people actually had to play in groups to progress. Now one person carry's the group to dried lake and then you play solo unless your an OP build then you duo with a support.

Games getting really stagnant - if you cant accomplish group play with hard content nerf the items.

P.S.
Best league was with cadrio. Felt so rewarded for the hours of play.
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2016, 9:15:05 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
i think perandus was the worst league... basically perandus was hosting Ascendancy for me.

Cadiro was a method for me to fill my permanent league stash with more 'rare' stuff (league specific items) i'd never use or take out (path of collector). I never got a single unique that I used for my builds except for a bringer of rain bear near the end (wasn't even really worth the coins at the exchange rates) which was optional for my build, and a chayula but I had already bought some from other players since I like going CI early instead of of respeccing late.

I think there is no problem with group play... it's just all builds are so strong pretty much anybody can solo everything anyways.

groups are always still stronger and most importantly safer anyways (except for performance issues I guess). And on the casual side you are more incentivized to play like a clear speed demon because if even one guy in a pug just rushes ahead then you feel like an idiot picking up yellow garbage while everybody's portalled out.
This game has been singleplayer since open beta.

Players were carrying entire parties just for the loot while those who were carried only cared about XP.
Perandus was not party friendly. Prophecy is even worse for parties. The added content like Cadiro and prophecies are much better solo. They need to up the droprate of silver coins by number of people in the party. It's stupid that 1 coin drops in a 6 player map.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Natharias wrote:

Players were carrying entire parties just for the loot while those who were carried only cared about XP.

Why would you carry a party, when they effectively decrease the amount of items you get? Unless, of course, one of them is a culler?

Spoiler
1 player - 100% loot
2 players - 150% loot, 75% per player
3 players - 200% loot, 66,7% per player
4 players - 250% loot, 62,5% per player
and so on.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 27, 2016, 2:48:40 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Why would you carry a party, when they effectively decrease the amount of items you get? Unless, of course, one of them is a culler?

Spoiler
1 player - 100% loot
2 players - 150% loot, 75% per player
3 players - 200% loot, 66,7% per player
4 players - 250% loot, 62,5% per player
and so on.

Because your goal is to get experience, not items. Experience gained is the same. But you pay 1/6 "map cost" (in rotation, where each player hosts his map).

If you want loot, NEVER play in party.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Well, if there's dedicated culler in the party, net gain per hour is supposed to be much higher. But then you face the bitter truth you can't sell shit, unless high tier uniques, as market is fucked up in perma leagues and such in the mid/end of temp ones. So SF alt farming eventually could compete, it's straight income in currency.
Hard to tell.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
It would be nice if a team actually played together instead of just running through a map. It's fine for someone to be three times the DPS as the other team members, but when one person just 1-shots the screen without even stopping in a full group resulting in a mindless run through the 'end game', the game is completely laughable at that point :*(
The only thing that looks like worth playing in parties is ....auras.

There is no heal
There is almost no cc
Everybody deals tons of damage ( especially with the power creep atm )
Almost Everybody tank.

There is no real class, no role, everybody does basically the same but for low life aura bots that supply auras.
PoE has never been amazing party-design wise, I would not suspect it'll ever be.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I should add that I don't play standard/hardcore leagues anymore since inflation (and my friends don't play) I normally play the 3months the full duration then take a break. Now I play 2 weeks - month and usually quit till the next one.

Prophecy felt extremely terrible to me from the get go. (I hate questing)

Perandus was nice since I felt rewarded for my play time and didn't only have to rely on a good drop. Also nice seeing low level uniq's in the low level area's.

Acendency did make everyone do insane damage... but that just means monster EHP should be raised. (I also hate trials... super waste of time - Bypass this buy being carried)

All of this has been said before...

but no one really brings up the non-grouping aspect of the game. Maybe that's how its intended since everyone can be everything? (Auras/Damage/Tank) some are just more effective at it. Ah well Ill keep my 1 week 3 months waiting for new content... off to other games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info