How would you nerf [Reach Of The Council] but still keep it Viable?

If the rotc did get a nerf, supported by gmp would be it.then it would just be a 370dps 7l bow. As it is right now, it's a 500dps 7l bow. (500 - (500*0.26)=370. What a 500dps bow would be reduced to with a gmp gem.

But pleasenoretronerfbecauseihaveone
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
flipser wrote:
Ok, it is an insane bow and accessible atm.
But Glyph Mark is stronger... Noone cried for a nerf on mirrored rares yet.

Comparing a 4ex (let's say 10-15ex in std) bow with a 250ex bow...

Only comparing it because frost wall cheese shit.

Fix frost wall cheese and the nice bows are that much more stronger then the ROTC.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:14:50 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

Frost wall helps mirrored bows just as much as RoTC, that argument really doesn't make sense.

Thats because you don't care to think logically.

If the frost wall cheese shit wasn't around then the mirrored bow would have an advantage in damage because it can utilize the superior DPS that it has with things like blast rain for single target. The only reason why ROTC comes anywhere close is because its able to cheese the same content with frost wall and doesn't need but 1 link setup for both AoE and single target.

FeelsBadMan

RotC is so crazy that it makes Burning Arrow clear speed monster (without elementalist)

i have several of these bows already (and seem to have 100% 'bow drop' on PC fights) but i still think this item is beyond broken (and GGG knows that too - latest State of Exile) and it should be nerfed. bad thing is that it should have been nerfed on Day 0 of the league, not now.

it is currently best bow in the Prophecy (no contest, there is nothing remarkably similar in the league right now) and it rivals Mirror+ bows in standard (still beating them in some cases)

people opposing the nerf are the ones AFRAID that they wont be 'good' anymore after the broken toy is taken away. FEAR speaks.

as for the nerf: the biggest strength it has is the reverse-double-dip on the missing 'less' multiplier. fixing the double dip would be a good indirect nerf but what should be done is the +4 arrows -> +2 arrows + slower projectiles (from current 20% to something like 60%+)

this would still leave us with a VERY strong bow but with a decent drawback and some socket tension. currently there is none for this bow.
"
sidtherat wrote:
RotC is so crazy that it makes Burning Arrow clear speed monster (without elementalist)

i have several of these bows already (and seem to have 100% 'bow drop' on PC fights) but i still think this item is beyond broken (and GGG knows that too - latest State of Exile) and it should be nerfed. bad thing is that it should have been nerfed on Day 0 of the league, not now.

it is currently best bow in the Prophecy (no contest, there is nothing remarkably similar in the league right now) and it rivals Mirror+ bows in standard (still beating them in some cases)

people opposing the nerf are the ones AFRAID that they wont be 'good' anymore after the broken toy is taken away. FEAR speaks.

as for the nerf: the biggest strength it has is the reverse-double-dip on the missing 'less' multiplier. fixing the double dip would be a good indirect nerf but what should be done is the +4 arrows -> +2 arrows + slower projectiles (from current 20% to something like 60%+)

this would still leave us with a VERY strong bow but with a decent drawback and some socket tension. currently there is none for this bow.

Burning arrow already has a decent base damage though so that part is irrelevant.

They can't "nerf" items once the league starts, the league is its own excluded economy and balance bubble, they touched shield charge and it really didn't matter, but once the league starts its a no go back stage for anything in that league.

I don't doubt its the best bow in prophecy, but that has a lot to do with the lack of incentive to craft a bow yourself.

Fix double dipping, i'm sick and tired of people suggesting changes to items, skills, ect because its a thing. The double dipping is the issue, not the freaking items.

+2 arrows is simply weak as shit. Who would even use that shit? Guess it opens up the option to use lmp instead of GPM, but then what is the purpose of the bow then?

The bow drop rate has to do with who you kill last, if there is a method to proc it, no one is sharing it, I know people that have done it 10+ times and no bow and 1 time and gotten it. Regardless its a league item, so availability in the future will be more limited and as such it should be allowed to retain most if not all of its power (aside from double dipping+frost wall shit)

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

Frost wall helps mirrored bows just as much as RoTC, that argument really doesn't make sense.

If the frost wall cheese shit wasn't around then the mirrored bow would have an advantage in damage because it can utilize the superior DPS that it has with things like blast rain for single target. The only reason why ROTC comes anywhere close is because its able to cheese the same content with frost wall and doesn't need but 1 link setup for both AoE and single target.

Tornado Shot ROTC is just as good as LA Frostwall.

Anyone who thinks ROTC isn't broken is high as a kite. People that are saying shit like Voidheart is more broken than ROTC are dumb.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 27, 2016, 12:31:37 PM
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

Tornado Shot ROTC is just as good as LA Frostwall.

Anyone who thinks ROTC isn't broken is high as a kite. People that are saying shit like Voidheart is more broken than ROTC are dumb.

Its not anywhere close to the single target DPS you can get the the frost wall cheese.

Voidheart is fine IMO, I don't really care that a ring for melee has both bleed\poison.

That being said my BV character is much stronger then my bow character, despite dumping multiple times more currency into the bow character, so \_(ツ)_/

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:15:25 PM
im not so sure that you cannot affect the drop. wiki says so - but it is EXTREMELY sensitive information that i can expect to be manipulated (just like some ..bags lied about multimodding)

my ratio is 100% right now. i have no idea what i did and if there is a pattern (some say that the drops seems to be 25% each based on some 'data') but i wouldnt rule that out. wiki and in general knowledge can and is manipulated for profits. note please few guys selling 20+ RotCs for 4ex right now. i doubt they have bought them to flip (as the profit margin is slim).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info