How would you nerf [Reach Of The Council] but still keep it Viable?

"
Necromael wrote:

what games? I wanna play them if they are so original

Diablo 3
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Darkkrows wrote:
leave it alone or I want my 4ex back.

there are many build still stronger, nerf those first.

i'm just wondering why they are still so expensive, got 3 bows out of 6 runs and i'm not playing much.

demand must be huge.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You simply cannot have an item which does anything close to what RotC is, and pretend to care about melee vs ranged balance at all. The moment I saw it the first time, my exact response was to say out loud, "oh, fuck this."

Voidheart is quite a bit stronger for melee than Reach of the Council is for ranged.

If you can't see why, imagine it the other way around - What if they had implemented a decent phys dps 2 hand mace which effectively gives a free AoE coverage support gem while removing the downside (for eg, a fated version of Marohi without the aspd nerf, and with level 30 inc AoE), and made Reach of the Council a ring which gives automatic poison and bleeding on bow attacks. Guess which one you would be complaining about then?

The reason why Reach is so powerful is because it makes bow attackers a bit stronger. Not because it further tips the ranged/melee balance towards ranged. Voidheart has actually overall tipped the balanced more towards the melee side IMO. Don't get me wrong, it's still way in ranged territory! But your claim that GGG doesn't care about melee vs ranged balance is not really supported by the evidence you provided. It seems like maybe they do care about ranged vs melee after all.

(Both uniques show they obviously don't care about overall game balance of course.)

^ This!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Don't forget the people who are hoarding them anticipating if Prophecy is going Legacy or not. So the demand is still high with lots of the same people keeping multiple copies.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Don't forget the people who are hoarding them anticipating if Prophecy is going Legacy or not. So the demand is still high with lots of the same people keeping multiple copies.

Don't forget that about 99% of all prophecy temp league players jump right into the next temp league and do never trade in standard.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Which in itself also pretty much stops builds from actually becoming accessible to the majority of players. This is why I think alot of people miss Perandus League more with how it let anybody have fun trying out those more outlandish builds.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
It's a league item I highly doubt it will be fucked with.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
It's a league item I highly doubt it will be fucked with.

Shavronne's Revelation says hi.

With that said, I think it'll go legacy, rather than get a hard nerf, especially if they ever make it possible to get it in standard, perhaps through the map device.
Ok, it is an insane bow and accessible atm.
But Glyph Mark is stronger... Noone cried for a nerf on mirrored rares yet.
Last edited by flipser on Jul 27, 2016, 10:54:10 AM
"
flipser wrote:
Ok, it is an insane bow and accessible atm.
But Glyph Mark is stronger... Noone cried for a nerf on mirrored rares yet.

Comparing a 4ex (let's say 10-15ex in std) bow with a 250ex bow...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info