Let's start a storm? (Russians invading PoE!)

Mods i don't appreciate that removal though.

@sara, yeah i read it. It probably infringes on the "don't discuss illigal practices" forum guide-line.

But then one has to wonder, why all those post's in the announcements get to stay and discussing "botting" so far in this thread itself.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
GGG seems determined to make playing standard feel as pointless as possible.

Just ditch the economy/trade focused balancing on standard and make it enjoyable to accomplish your progression goals without trade in a timeframe that isn't soul crushingly depressing.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
incoming integer overflow exception because of the currency stash tab of rus players after integration.

I think its the box of pandora that GGG will open here. What i would see as fair is if they either start over when they are integrated on our server or being seperated with their items on a different server.
They just need to wipe standard. Everything but one character and his inventory (no currency). All tabs at least!

There was bazillions of bots running in gardena, free from sanction. imagine wealth coming in.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 26, 2016, 3:20:17 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Mods i don't appreciate that removal though.

@sara, yeah i read it. It probably infringes on the "don't discuss illigal practices" forum guide-line.

But then one has to wonder, why all those post's in the announcements get to stay and discussing "botting" so far in this thread itself.

Peace,

-Boem-
Imo, biggest problem will probably be the amount of exploits that were neglected entirely by Garena. Theres probably an absurd amount of rare duplicated currency and items.

This could very well be the straw that breaks the camels back for Standard League if GGG doesnt rethink and properly merge them.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
^i am mostly curious about how they are going to accomplish this.

The fallout itself, not so much.

So far the most notable problems in condensed form are

1) garena PoE and PoE are basically two different game-states/rule-sets, how do you justify merging those.
And will that justification calm down the side that get's the short end of the stick?

2) Difference in MTX model and execution. Though i have no personal experience with this, i did read some stuff about garena PoE having old MTX available on sale(things that are offered to us as "exclusive one time deals") as well as different prices compared to us.
It doesn't seem far fetched that the "exclusivity" is put into considerable danger by allowing a transfer of mtx's that didn't apply the same principle.

3) problem of illegal activities, while not exclusive to garena PoE, the way it was handled(or the lack there-off) is.
So a merger would diminish the efforts of GGG themselves.

So how do you tackle those issue's and how do you convince your community to sit back relax and wait for the fallout.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Vhlad wrote:
GGG seems determined to make playing standard feel as pointless as possible.

Just ditch the economy/trade focused balancing on standard and make it enjoyable to accomplish your progression goals without trade in a timeframe that isn't soul crushingly depressing.

Umm how about no?
The only fair and reasonable approach is for GGG to wipe all of standard and have everyone, Garena and POE based players start from scratch.

This is an exercise in empathy. Upon reading this no doubt a number of people became afraid, others became outraged, the usual suspects became righteous, and so on. Consider that Garena players, who have done nothing wrong, are likely feeling the same from some of the suggestions already proposed here.

Yes, some people will have cheated (as they have here). It's not reasonable to penalise the majority for the actions of some.

Honestly, given how long POE has been going for and the vast amount of gear residing in Standard, I expect absolutely zero meaningful impact to standard. Certainly people are fearful of the unknown, but really, I think this is all a storm in a teacup.
"
The only fair and reasonable approach is for GGG to wipe all of standard and have everyone, Garena and POE based players start from scratch.

It's not reasonable to penalise the majority for the actions of some.

Bit of a contradiction there don't you think?
Lmao dude just said "wipe everyones shit". Yeah, cause that totally wouldnt make the entire population of standard league instantly stop playing the game and shitting on years of peoples work is clearly fair.

Youre fuckin' high.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info