Let's start a storm? (Russians invading PoE!)

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:07:31 PM
"
My actual hope is that something awful doesn't happen with the import that could cause glitches in items or something.

Very much this. GGG is shit at maintaining their database, so I'm worried that after the migration I'll find that my couple mirrored items and high-end 6Ls will be mysteriously gone. See also: my signature!

Anyway, GGG doesn't care about the standard economy, never has, never will, so if people bring in like 20 fake admin-granted mirrors each then GGG will just grin and shrug and laugh at the people choosing to play standard.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 25, 2016, 2:36:27 PM
poe have brazilian support, btw
"
Boem wrote:
So garena is closing and the accounts from the russian PoE will be migrated if i read the news-post correctly.

I faintly remember this cool race with 250% iiq/iir on the russian PoE that was not voided.(numbers might be wrong, but if i remember correctly it offered insane reward ratio's)

What exactly happens to these accounts that where basically playing a different PoE?

I'm just curious how GGG will handle this, cause i am sure as hell not going to be the only one who thought about this while reading the news-post. Though i might be one of the people that doesn't care so much, but hiy it's all "we hates the labs" so i figured we needed another storm to take the load of.

To all the new russian players

\o welcome and in my best iccup learned russian suqa ebani raq ebal kuru pls!
<- mid
<- mid
<- mid
Spoiler
this will only make sense if you played dota with russians though

Peace,

-Boem-

Thank you for starting a new storm Boem i was tired of lab forum threads :D
More seriously i doubt it would change anything about those 250IIR events as mentioned in the announcement it seems it happenned once only because servers were done while a week.

Add to that the fact standard economy is at the worse point ...
<- B RUSH
<- B RUSH
<- B RUSH
<- ( probably insults but i don't understand them )

This will only make sense if you played cs:go with Russians :D
Welcome folks ! Hope you will enjoy int PoE.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 25, 2016, 2:48:12 PM
CYKA BLYAT IDI NAHUI
Prepare yourself for cyrilic spamming 24/7.
Also, rip standard's economy.
So your upset that they will have a few extra alteration and alchemy orbs from all the extra trash they vendored during that week? That is if they bothered to pick anything up that wasn't best bases or gtfo. No matter how much extra shit dropped they still only had 6 portals IF they cared to make the trips.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 My concern on this stems from the fact that US players like myself with easily under 100 ms latency to the W.DC or Dallas realms (typically 45 to 60 ms on a 20 Mb down, 11 Mb up Internet link) often have lots of game stutter and DCs just playing solo. I had half a dozen DCs on the Dallas realm last night and W.DC was worse. So I can only imagine how bad trying to play PoE is in another country with even greater distances and slower ISP speeds. Yikes!

Is this the tip of the iceberg for GGG and a sign that things aren't as rosy in Wraeclast as we are led to beleive? If Garena can't generate enough mtx sales to stay in business in Russia then what next? GGG just produced a Brazilian version of PoE and is their Internet performance going to be any better than Russia?

Are the choices that GGG has made in the last couple of years finally coming back to bite themselves financially? GGG should have been concerned years ago with so many new players trying out PoE but, according to Chris in a comment he made in the State of Exile podcast #52, quitting at the first major boss battle "The Warden" if they die. I wonder how many times a newbie will try to kill Brutus before giving up and quitting and never coming back? In that podcast Chris sort of laughed it off and even said that he tried League of Legends for a few minutes and then quit and hasn't played again. Is this a signal that new arpg players are not happy that PoE takes major time to gain rewards and thus quitting or am I as a middle aged PoE player (baby boomer) just clueless about the millennials and what kind of instant gratification they are looking for in their computer entertainment? In this age of near instant information is PoE too old school or is a long term entertainment arpg not fast enough with rewards to satisfy them? I've always said that PoE was too heavy on the starvation theme for an arpg and that "the grind is it's own reward" is costing GGG a lot of players that seek a more rewarding arpg for time played but GGG forges on and doubles down on the grind by nerfing high tier map exp. to make the time grind even longer.

Has GGG completely lost touch with the realities of what 2016 arpg players want and the closing of Garena Russia the first sign of bigger trouble? Will the next patch inject new life into the endgame leveling grind? We will soon find out come September.
GGG has an answer for you. Get your gratification from trade. Whoopeeeeeee!!!!!!
"
yungwhiz wrote:
So your upset that they will have a few extra alteration and alchemy orbs from all the extra trash they vendored during that week? That is if they bothered to pick anything up that wasn't best bases or gtfo. No matter how much extra shit dropped they still only had 6 portals IF they cared to make the trips.

Yes.

I am so very very upset.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
We will just have to see. hold on to your buttocks.
Game will be known as 'Gangrena'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info