Stacked Deck Clarification

I have troubles figuring out how anyone could have believed this to turn out differently. Makin the chances equally weighted makes absolutely no sense at all and would completely break the economy if stacked decks were to be anywhere near realistically obtainable.
As they are right now, they're completely useless (especially given that you will most likely just get a gambler card... statistically speaking) and I'm pretty happy they won't be seen much for now, since they only drop on t7 maps.
We'll see what the changes bring but for now this is a gambler card-set that will give you a gambler-card.
bla bla economy is the most important thing
bla bla we must protect the economy
bla bla yes we understand that economy is a constantly changing landscape
bla bla it can change, but only in ways we want it
bla bla doesnt matter if people leave in droves as long as we protect our skewed version of economy
bla bla even if we cheat one of our staunchest supporter out of his hard earned $$$
Hype followed by despair followed by disillusionment followed by anger is the current trend/rotation when it comes to GGG decisions.

I am almost done with this game, glory of the past leagues still gives me hope... fingers crossed but hope is almost all gone

What happened to ENDLESS ENDGAME, give us all of the tools(orbs) and give us endless(read 100 tiers) of maps. Let us go insane, i lvl 500 with harder and harder enemies..

Loot explosions and constantly upgrading gear is what is awesome in an ARPG.
Focus on adding more content and increase the rates of everything.
The vision where you balance the game according to the total population and 1% who have the time to own it all is boring for most of us. And the carrot we were chasing is not a carrot anymore. We cant see it, let alone get it.

Balancing the game around market values/player base/alt+f4 mechanics is getting old really fast.

Sorry for your loss supporter, i hope you are not feeling too terrible about wasting those monies.
Well if this quite a frequent drop it will be nice
"
Melpheos wrote:

Run 26 of the required maps since patch. 0 Lucky Decks. Let's say I'll find one in my next map. Number 27. Then I have 1/9 cards. Will bring me close to 250 maps. Who the hell runs 250 level 7 maps? Biased, I know, but still...

No, all hail the economy. Buy everything. Fun!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Melpheos wrote:

Run 26 of the required maps since patch. 0 Lucky Decks. Let's say I'll find one in my next map. Number 27. Then I have 1/9 cards. Will bring me close to 250 maps. Who the hell runs 250 level 7 maps? Biased, I know, but still...

No, all hail the economy. Buy everything. Fun!

..... No point in that case
The only thing to rescue this thing is give div cards tiers from 1-10 like the scholar tier 1 house of mirror,the doctor.... tier 10 and with this stacked deck you get 1 div card from each tier:
Come on ggg fucked up again ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Honestly, Im afraid GGG will thoroughly fuck your unique with that coming "balance" patch
Oblivious
Quit using "exponentially better" as if using a word from a math class makes sense here. It doesn't. All you mean is 'much better'.
So, right now it is literally a worse Gambler... And it will be buffed to be a slightly better Gambler, but still not flat chance and thus useless.

That sucks.

On the brightside, I guessed that it'd be the same effect of a Gambler Card, so I guess I win?

Honestly though, even if it was flat I don't see how it'd be that bad.. If we're using House of Mirrors as the reasoning why, that's ridiculous, since that's a 1/total-divination-cards-released-and-to-be-released chance to get 1/9th of a Mirror; and in Prophecy a Mirror is worth less than a Headhunter..

Just by the current 160 total Cards available, the odds of getting a House of Mirror (assuming no other Cards are worth anything if pulled) would only be ~5c in value per Stacked Deck. So the fact that House of Mirror exists being the main deterrent for making it not flat is dumb.

PS. The house always wins. (The Deck isn't stacked in OUR favour, but GGGs. Hence Noshei losing 1k$.)
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jul 20, 2016, 12:14:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info