Stacked Deck Clarification

"

Gambler card = completely random card

FAR from random, but I get your point.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I think it shouldn't drop separately from the Card, as that ruins the "pulling from a Deck/Booster" feel. But it definitely shouldn't be using the same weightings as Gambler, that makes it pointless/obsolete.

And Jennik, I disagree with that. They've already increased the amount of Headhunters and such with Prophecies already, and the amount it'd go up from a Stacked Deck giving a a small chance for a FRACTION of those items isn't much.. And with how rare the Lucky Deck already seems to be, it wouldn't affect the market or availability of those items in the least..

And even if they made it a lot rarer to compensate (though that isn't needed as I said) it'd still be better than what it is now, a rarer and less useful Gambler that most people won't see or use anyway.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I didn't read all these pages but do you think the idea of making it drop in t7 maps was on purpose? These are well known hated maps. No one EVER picks a t7 map as their fave. EVER.

That only drop in T7 maps make this deck not only useless it turns it into nonexistant because who the fuck would run a few hundred T7 maps to get a slightly better gambler set? This has to be a joke, GGG can't be serious with this.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
My condolences on your Div card and Currency development. The idea you proposed was a great one and had it actually worked that way I'd have said Bravo, but seeing how it's actually going to work (as other have stated, basically a second gambler card just rarer) makes it "meh" at best. Not something I'd hunt after as I originally would have.

On a side note, seeing things like this (and a couple other design failures on GGG's part) doesn't really encourage those of us on the fence about purchasing div cards/uniques to go through with it. The last couple major hype'd uniques and cards have been vastly derived from the original idea proposed by the creators. Look at the Goddess unleashes reciepe fiasco where the designer actually apologized for GGG to the people who used the original recipe to make it because it didn't fit the intended purpose of the unique. Now you have the "Stacked Deck" and "Lucky deck" which are now nothing more than, "card from a deck' and "more cards from a deck."

"
So you could take the currency into dried lake and roll all of your currency there for a better chance at brittle emporer.

Stacked Deck = random card that rolls with normal drop rates in an area.
Do you have any evidence of that or are you just wishful thinking? I haven't read anything about the area affecting the result.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 20, 2016, 3:40:58 PM
I don't know what to think about this... when I first heard about this new currency I thought this could be really interesting. I had three different thoughts...

1. Trade cards for the a chance at any other div card - the more cards you traded at once the better your odds to get a better card.

2. A certain number of these cards could be substituted for one of another type of card to complete the set. This would require recipes as common sense dictates a hall of mirrors would require many more than a scholar.

3. Use stacked deck to change a card - basically right click the stacked deck card then apply it to any other card with normal odds of becoming something better.

I'm sure there are legitimate issues with any of these ideas but they all sound better than the current iteration

EDIT: I would also allow them to drop everywhere like all currency.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on Jul 20, 2016, 4:28:19 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I didn't read all these pages but do you think the idea of making it drop in t7 maps was on purpose? These are well known hated maps. No one EVER picks a t7 map as their fave. EVER.

What's wrong with Waste pool?

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Allowing single Stacked Decks to drop on their own totally eliminates the unique aspect of your idea. If you still have any control over what happens with this item you should insist that either:

1) Stacked Deck will only ever drop in stacks of 10.

or

2) A single Stacked Deck will produce 10 divination cards, and Lucky Deck only gives one Stacked deck

If your modifications go through like you've described them then most players will never have the unique experience of receiving 10 random divination cards, but will instead wonder why the game needed a slightly better Gambler card. Regardless of how they balance the resulting cards you should insist that the player always has the experience of opening the whole deck at once.

I agree with Entropic_Fire that having it only available through the div card was cooler.

However, I disagree with Entropic_Fire about what you should do. It's your unique, do whatever you want! If you want it to drop randomly as well then that's fine.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
So, OP, we see that GGG bungled the 'weighting' thing, also something about the currency not being also a drop as planned.

Are you also aware of the abysmal drop rate of the card?

Perspective:

8 hours farming T7s (Where apparently this drops (and is restricted to?)).
Results:
5 The Gambler cards (which I could drop in zones I'd rather be farming).
0 Lucky Deck cards.

I'm yet to see how this card can ever be a 'better gambler'. I'd rename the currency 'Stacked Fails' as they are stacking up at quite a rate.

Sorry, OP. Feel really bad for how this turned out for you, it's really quite terrible implementation of an interesting and unique idea.
Casually casual.

Nothing wrong w/waste pool or jungle valley either, imo. I do a lot of them leveling up chars. But t7 is considered pesty bosses.
Censored.
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
So you could take the currency into dried lake and roll all of your currency there for a better chance at brittle emporer.

Stacked Deck = random card that rolls with normal drop rates in an area.
Do you have any evidence of that or are you just wishful thinking? I haven't read anything about the area affecting the result.

No sorry. This is speculative theory.

That being said, however, it would make sense to me if this was the case. If you take the stacked deck currency to a location and use said currency, you would be "stacking the deck" in your favor to have a better chance at getting the card.

I don't think GGG is stupid enough to release Gambler part 2. I think all of us are assuming that there isn't a hidden mechanic behind the actual currency.

Even the OP stated that he is going to let the community figure out "how to use the currency". If it were simple right click in town then it would be dumb as fuck.

I think everyone here loves jumping to conclusions. Imo, it would only be logical for the currency to take the environmental drop rate of cards depending on where the currency would be used.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info