Stacked Deck Clarification

1/1 gambler cards sounds like a terrible currency...
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
If stacked deck is a currency, why didn't we get a slot for it in currency tab?
Spreading salt since 2006
So you got cheated out of 1000$ at this point? Not sure how I'd feel about that.

I'd love to know what the original brief was that ended up with essentially gamblerception.

I never like to say negative things about someone else's creation; it's your money and maybe that's what you wanted out of it, but this seems incredibly underwhelming. Is it anywhere near fulfilling what you wanted out of it?
Last edited by Pathological on Jul 20, 2016, 6:20:28 AM
Here is what I understand, please tell me if I'm wrong :

What Noshei thought his currency would be :

An item that, when consumed, acts as if someone was showing you a cards deck with one of each existing divination card and tells you to randomly pick one. So that you have exactly the same chance to get "The Scholar" than to get "House of Mirrors".

What GGG finally made :

An item you can exclusively get by trading 9 divination cards to Tasuni.
When you use that item, you get a card determined exactly by the same algorithm as "The Gambler".
So, 1 "Stacked Deck" = 5 "The Gambler"
And, 1 "Lucky Deck" more or less = 1/2 "The Gambler" = basically nothing

How GGG will modify it (because, honestly, what they did is crap) :

An item that you can drop anywhere and still get with 9 div cards.
When you use it, you get a card determined by a brand new algorothm, more favourable for the player than "The Gambler" one. But, because we know (and will ever know) nothing about this algorithm, we can't (and never be able to) determine the value of a "Stacked Deck".

Am I right ?
"
mazul wrote:
"
This is exponentially (I mean this in math terms) better than normal weighting it is currently using.

Could you clarify a bit more in mathematical terms? How is the exponential function used in the formula for the probability or in the formula for whatever variable you use to measure what's better?

I'll try to explain it better

So some items have a reaaaeaally low drop chance

A normal weighted drop chance would mean that the stacked deck would always give you garbage, basically a good amount of uses would give you a very garbage range of items youd would pull.

What he's saying is now the drop chances of the extremely rare items will be exponentially increased

giving you a better range of what items you're likely to pull, so perhaps cards that are valued at nothing to 5-10 chaos. As opposed to the gambler which averages fractions of a chaos.

So the average value of using the stacked deck will be higher than turning in a gambler deck.. But doesn't sound extremely valuable. Probably going to be worth 2 chaos.

IGN:Layent
PST(GMT -7:00)
Last edited by Layent on Jul 20, 2016, 6:51:16 AM
"
Yajiii wrote:

Am I right ?

Yes, except for this :

"
Yajiii wrote:

And, 1 "Lucky Deck" more or less = 1/2 "The Gambler" = basically nothing

1 "Lucky Deck" card is 10/9 Stacked decks, so 50/9 Gambler cards, so ~5.5 Gamblers
1 "Lucky Deck" set is 50 Gamblers
Last edited by Bebekija on Jul 20, 2016, 6:51:36 AM
"
Necromael wrote:
If stacked deck is a currency, why didn't we get a slot for it in currency tab?

i learned today (from reddit of course) that internally every div card is a currency item.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
imo it just got useless if it is not flat :/
"
Noshei wrote:
So, the last 2 hours have been a huge roller coaster for me.

About 2 hours ago, I found out that the information I had about how Stacked Deck functioned was incorrect. Unfortunately there was some miscommunication about how parts of Stacked Deck functioned.

Over the past 2 hours I've been working with GGG, and even directly with Chris Wilson to get everything sorted.

So here is how Stacked Deck currently functions:
Stacked Deck does NOT drop in the world, it is only obtainable from the Lucky Deck divination card.
Stacked Deck does NOT use a flat chance when determining the divination card you get when it is used. It currently uses normal weighting to determine the divination card.

As I mentioned I've worked with Chris to come to a satisfactory compromise as I was very surprised to learn this is how Stacked Deck functioned.

Stacked Deck's functionality will be changed to this in a coming patch:
Stacked Deck will drop in the world, though at a lower drop rate than what Lucky Deck drops in the zones it can drop in.
Stacked Deck will use a modified weighting to determine which divination card you get when using it. This is exponentially (I mean this in math terms) better than normal weighting it is currently using. To clarify, this means that you have much better chances of getting good cards than if it were weighted with the normal weighting, but it's not entirely flat.

GGG may make further changes, I discussed a few more with them, but the above changes are the only ones I know of for sure.

I really feel sorry for you. In the last years everytime someone wants to create a unique there is some "miscommunication" happen and the outcome is another vendor trash item. The only exception were the Skyforth boots and I still wonder why Skyforth was allowed to create one of the most broken items in game while everyone else has gotten pure trash.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info