[2.4 updates] Voltaxic Volley Fire Barrage Deadeye -- Well Barrage is now #1 Bow Skill

"
Orlykthxbai wrote:
+2 Barrage is definitely the best enchant. Adding more arrows to barrage doesn't trigger less volleys. Barrage fires X number of arrows in Y amount of time(Y=whatever your attack speed is).

Thanks for the info.

Is 40% increased damage even close in effectiveness? I'm asking because I got one for cheap and I'd like to know if it's worth it to upgrade.

Also, would +1 Chain result in more damage than the bonus from Far Shot? It seems like arrows chaining would result in double damage instead of 30%?

Thanks!
Last edited by mechclams on Sep 14, 2016, 5:10:22 PM
Is it viable without Increased Critical Damage Support cause i dont have a 6l atm? or what 5gems i should use with Voltaxic?
Last edited by Swiezyy on Sep 14, 2016, 3:14:14 PM
"
Swiezyy wrote:
Is it viable without Increased Critical Damage Support cause i dont have a 6l atm? or what 5gems i should use with Voltaxic?

you cut the void manip, not the crit.
What armor i should use when i dont have Cospri, neither an Kaom's? maybe Belly of the Beast or Rare with HP and Res?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1624050

You just basically redid my build 2months after i posted it by removing the HC aspect defensive-ness, removing pierce which is extremely important.... And making it much more expensive in Std

Thanks for the credit mang

No credit to this guy either who posted poison barrage back in dec - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1531640/page/1

Full runescimmy right here

Literally word for word

Where i put - Reason for using Barrage instead of Blast Rain or Lightning Arrow with spoiler

AND YOU DID THE EXACCCT SAMME THING LOLOL

Video @ top of thread

Everything is copied except for the ascendancy which is non hc viable, and u didnt take pierce which u NEED FOR BARRAGE'S CLEARSPEED

This is sad
Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 14, 2016, 7:30:44 PM
I do have a 6link voltaxic. Since I dont have a cospri's will, which gem do you suggest I change for poison support? Void manipulator?
Last edited by Snäääbt on Sep 15, 2016, 4:46:04 AM
"
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1624050

You just basically redid my build 2months after i posted it by removing the HC aspect defensive-ness, removing pierce which is extremely important.... And making it much more expensive in Std

Thanks for the credit mang

No credit to this guy either who posted poison barrage back in dec - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1531640/page/1

Full runescimmy right here

Literally word for word

Where i put - Reason for using Barrage instead of Blast Rain or Lightning Arrow with spoiler

AND YOU DID THE EXACCCT SAMME THING LOLOL

Video @ top of thread

Everything is copied except for the ascendancy which is non hc viable, and u didnt take pierce which u NEED FOR BARRAGE'S CLEARSPEED

This is sad

Lol it's just pretty simple and straightforward bow build, nothing tricky. But you mean this is YOUR build and barrage is YOUR skill and anyone else who use it is just copying YOU?

I did read the <poisonous quill> back in Talisman and I made a similar build in that league and yes I should give him the credit. But sorry man, I haven't noticed your post at all until you posted here.

Barrage is one of my favorite skill in this game, so I wrote a post for it and did some math to show how powerful a relatively unpopular and underestimated skill like barrage can be. That's it, that's all I wanted to do. I didn't claim that this build is my build or unique at all. Sorry man, I have no idea why this triggered you lol.

And by the way, the original title of this post is <Post-Nerf voltaxic volley fire barrage deadey>, as a showcase of how voltaxic perform in 2.3 after the nerf.
Last edited by insobyr on Sep 14, 2016, 9:10:55 PM
Hey Insobyr I can't seem to find a picture of your tooltip DPS. Think you can add one so ppl could benchmark as they try the build?
"
mechclams wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Is 40% increased damage even close in effectiveness? I'm asking because I got one for cheap and I'd like to know if it's worth it to upgrade.

Also, would +1 Chain result in more damage than the bonus from Far Shot? It seems like arrows chaining would result in double damage instead of 30%?

Thanks!

40% would be a boost to your arrows that come from volley fire. +2 arrows adds mostly to your single target. You will want to upgrade to it eventually but the 40% enchant is fine until then. I would probably just use a Rat's Nest instead of worrying about the enchant though.

Chain doesn't work if arrows pierce so it would useless.

not sure if this is mentioned in your thread anywhere else, but i think you're overlooking the fact that the volley fire jewel arrows cannot hit the same target as normal barrage. basically they do nothing for single target, but great for pack clearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info