Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

Desync was a problem.

Labyrinth is not.

See the difference? The comparison between a technical problem and a certain part of game content is laughable at best.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Been here since games release. Only difference is I never had those issues. Lab is not a technical issue....
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Oct 11, 2016, 8:43:02 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
Desync was a problem.

Labyrinth is not.

See the difference? The comparison between a technical problem and a certain part of game content is laughable at best.

Yeah, the bad faith of some people is pathetic at best honestly ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
Desync was a problem.

Labyrinth is not.

Yeah, the bad faith of some people is pathetic at best honestly ...

Well. I mean, at the very least a DC during a lab run is more annoying than a DC during normal mapping. I think that's fair to say.

Desync's is another matter though. Like any desync is annoying, and if you can't run on lockstep mode I can imagine the lab being more annoying than it otherwise would be.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Last edited by Sure_K4y on Oct 11, 2016, 11:14:28 PM
The problem with desync for those who cant play on lockstep is out of GGG's control since that is an issue of your location compared to server location.

I mean they could add more servers but I dont think they can afford that if they cant afford a large enough staff. I mean imagine how much better this game woukd be if it had the staffing of blizzard. They could fix or update old uniques, work on the new expansion, and add QOL improvements all at the same time.

"
Sure_K4y wrote:

Well. I mean, at the very least a DC during a lab run is more annoying than a DC during normal mapping. I think that's fair to say.

Technical issues ( haven't the occasional instance token crash recently, I have not been running the lab a lot tho ) are not good and need to be fixed of course.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Jgizle wrote:
The problem with desync for those who cant play on lockstep is out of GGG's control since that is an issue of your location compared to server location.

I mean they could add more servers but I dont think they can afford that if they cant afford a large enough staff. I mean imagine how much better this game woukd be if it had the staffing of blizzard. They could fix or update old uniques, work on the new expansion, and add QOL improvements all at the same time.

Weeeell.. I don't think that is happening over in anaheim, california either. At least not all at once.

Well, I mean yes, it's a problem on the player's end if he has no access to a proper connection, but it's not necessarily a problem the player is at fault for... Chris said on the Lioneye's watch podcast that 15% of the playerbase still run predictive, though. So, I think it's somewhat reasonable to expect players, who need to run predictive, to feel left behind when content is released that clearly favours lockstep. If that makes any sense.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Ill admit Lab completely sucks for those in predictive. As such they would feel cheated when content is released with the expectation you are using lockstop. But there is nothing GGG can do about that. They cant even add an alternative lab that only players in predictive mode can play as every one would switch to predictive mode just for lab.

If we think about lab though what causes desync. Probably traps. Reducing trap quantity would benefit every one, lockstep or predictive, strong defenses or weak defenses, ect.

Crashes however are not an issue with GGG's game. FPS loss sure, we all know what burning and shocked ground does to fps, or any skill thats very flashy (spell totem anything with more than 2 totems). Crashes how ever are always an issue with the players PC. Either they lack the RAM needed to process the information on screen fast enough, or they lack the memory on the graphics card to run high graphically intensive areas, which cause crashes when the amount of memory is greater than your graphics card can handle. My graphics card for example can only process 1GB of memory, while I got 16 GB of ram. I never have FPS below 100 because my ram is so large. I do experience visual lag like issues when in an area with lots of auras or ground effects. Maps with chilled or burning ground and totems for example. This is a hint that the user needs to update their pc for modern times, even if POE doesnt look like it requires much to run.

"
Jgizle wrote:
Ill admit Lab completely sucks for those in predictive. As such they would feel cheated when content is released with the expectation you are using lockstop. But there is nothing GGG can do about that. They cant even add an alternative lab that only players in predictive mode can play as every one would switch to predictive mode just for lab.

If we think about lab though what causes desync. Probably traps. Reducing trap quantity would benefit every one, lockstep or predictive, strong defenses or weak defenses, ect.

Well, traps can cause desync for sure. I can tell from first hand experience, since I need to be playing on predictive from time to time, because my work requires me to constantly push and pull data. So, when I play while pushing/pulling data, I have higher ping: +100ms - +130ms, and some spikes here and there. And traps can really be a PITA. Then there's stuff like whirling blades, which many people use in the lab and in general, which is another frequent cause for desyncs, and to that you can add the usual suspects, like stuns and whatnot.

"
Jgizle wrote:
Crashes however are not an issue with GGG's game. FPS loss sure, we all know what burning and shocked ground does to fps, or any skill thats very flashy (spell totem anything with more than 2 totems). Crashes how ever are always an issue with the players PC. Either they lack the RAM needed to process the information on screen fast enough, or they lack the memory on the graphics card to run high graphically intensive areas, which cause crashes when the amount of memory is greater than your graphics card can handle. My graphics card for example can only process 1GB of memory, while I got 16 GB of ram. I never have FPS below 100 because my ram is so large. I do experience visual lag like issues when in an area with lots of auras or ground effects. Maps with chilled or burning ground and totems for example. This is a hint that the user needs to update their pc for modern times, even if POE doesnt look like it requires much to run.

Well, crashes don't necessarily have to be GGGs fault, or the user's fault for that matter. When you look at how many times bladevortex has been worked on, because it caused severe issues, which could even be exploited as it would appear, it's not exactly fair to blame it all on aging hardware.

To be fair though, some people run this game on a toaster, and that's nothing we can blame GGG for. On the other hand, this game uses more memory than it should be using, and GGG is working on that because they're aware of this issue. There's still a huge performance patch in the making.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that framerate drops, and even appcrashes don't necessarily equal bad hardware.

"
Jgizle wrote:
Ill admit Lab completely sucks for those in predictive.

It doesn't suck if you have decent and stable ping. I play predictive and rarely, if ever, have problems with the laby.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Oct 14, 2016, 5:16:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info