To all fellow POE Exiled from France my thoughts and prayers are with you

Seems about right.

"
morbo wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
There is nothing inherently wrong with slaughtering innocent people.

1) people carry the responsibility for this world in it's entirety, nobody is innocent when it comes to it's current state.

2) inactivity doesn't equal innocence.

1.) You are saying unborn children are guilty for your crimes

2.) The only thing you know from this event, is that a psycho killed 80+ people. You know nothing about the victims, yet you equal their life and actions, to that of the murderer.

"
Boem wrote:
It's quite a normal tendency that occurs now, which will most likely result in a war lessening the overall stress of the worlds population.

So, would such a thing be bad? It's quite common in nature to regulate the amount of population and diminish it when required, we are a part of nature and as such no exception.

You are talking like God himself was driving the truck. What can be extrapolated from your total nihilism, is that dropping nukes on people is totally ok. In this case I'd suggest we nuke 'them', before 'they' nuke us.

Our children are not guilty of our crimes but they will always bear the consequences of our actions just like we bear the burden of our ancestors' decisions.

You also have to understand reality has no sense of morality. That's just something humans tack on to events to help us rationalize a chaotic and unforgiving world.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jul 15, 2016, 1:11:30 PM
Please, pick a majority-muslim nation, Dirk. Go there.

Now openly admit to being gay in the street. Or, that you're an Atheist. Or, that you're a muslim, but you think Mohammed was wrong about something. Or, that you used to be Muslim.

At their very best, they hold views of the most hardcore Christian conservatives (American). Why left-leaning people idolize their religion is totally beyond my comprehension.

Saying that the terrorists weren't Islamic is no-true-Scotsman, and you know it. They are as Islamic as Westboro Baptist is Christian.

I'm not even talking about terrorism, for what it's worth. As an Atheist, "moderate" Islam makes me very uncomfortable. That being said, genocide (and real talk: that's the natural conclusion of all these... discussions) is not a fucking option for a country that professes to be free.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
@Innervation, it should be obvious to you that i use the phrase good apples and bad apples simply to relate to the mind-set that is induced by society.

Since i don't judge either of them, but i do see them everywhere.

Recognizing something and judging are two different actions no?

People judge based on standards dictated mostly by society, sadly i don't care one bit about those standards.

I don't care for a society based on hypocrisy, duality and the notion of exponential growth either.

If you would explain those to a child, he would probably laugh at you, yet grown men do everything in their power to uphold such foolish notions.

As for the notion of throwing my hands in the air, good ensures bad exist's, that should be logical. The answer is quite simple to solve such an issue, but it should also be quite apparent that ego would step in to prevent this. Ensuring the existence of both factors indefinitely until people are prepared to recognize what maters most.

Either way, do as you guys see fit. Like i mentioned i'm not a part of society.

I'll be sitting here at the sidelines, caring for both sides failing to understand the logic behind your actions and your lack of actions.

Peace,

-Boem-

ps : feel free to provide me with therms that imply "good"/"bad" that don't intrinsically judge.
Ill incorporate those into my responses then if you want. . .
Spoiler
think about it.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

Our children are not guilty of our crimes but they will always bear the consequences of our actions just like we bear the burden of our ancestors' decisions.

You also have to understand reality has no sense of morality. That's just something humans tack on to events to help us rationalize a chaotic and unforgiving world.

I always forget thoughts like this aren't common perception in this day and age and most likely never will.

Reality is what it is, it doesn't give a shit about human perception. It simply acts.

To link micro to macro, when stress levels rise an outburst is required, what's happening currently is nothing more then that.

Most of the current instability's can be reduced to the issue nature(us included) has with a phantom notion of exponential growth that society is forcing on itself to preserve a false notion of humanity. Resulting in the exact opposite desired effect.

Peace,

-Boem-
Nihilism is utterly worthless, and not nearly as deep as ya'll seem to think it is.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Whats your issue with islam tho? Muslim women wear the headscarf willingly and proudly. I even talked to one and she told me she does it because its for her religion.

The west got poisoned with this idea that islam is evil yet its the west and its christianity that does equally evil things.

Stop blaming islam for terror attacks, blame the terrorists. They dont have a religion. They misuse the one the west brought them up with but all they preach about islam is false.

Muslims are good people. I live among many muslims and i have better experiences with them than with any christian i ever met.

I'll take your statements and questions in reverse order, since the first will take the longest.

I never said Muslims are bad people. Most of them are generally good people, but as I will demonstrate later, hold a few very disturbing beliefs, especially outside of America. They hold these beliefs SPECIFICALLY AND SOLELY because of their religion.

You guys have to stop with the meme that terrorists aren't 'real Muslims'. When Boko Haram and other groups capture people, do you know what the conditions are for some of those people either being executed, or released? 'Can they cite the Quran to the captor's satisfaction?' That's the test.

Tell me again they're not religious.

The source material of their religion tells them to establish a caliphate, to convert the non believers, and to smite the necks of the rest (not just once, but in multiple passages). And that is exactly what captured terrorists and ex-extremists say they are/were trying to do, citing chapter and verse.

Tell me again how blameless the Quran is.

The offices of Charlie Hebdo were attacked. Why? Cartoons. Where in the world would the attackers get the idea that an image of the Prophet is an offense punishable by death?

Tell us all again that they don't have a religion.

--

You can pass on quoting peaceful verses. I don't deny their existence - but this ideological fight is one that Islam needs to have with itself. You don't need to convince me not to kill in the name of someone's god - rest assured I have no desire to.

The people who carry out these acts bear the overwhelming majority of responsibility. Beneath that, the texts of Islam carry blame for having verses that encourage the above, and that encourage an apocalyptic death cult of martyrdom. Truly peaceful Muslims need to work, and talk, and act quickly. They need to demonstrate a better way forward, and they need to reform the religion.

We need Tunisia to work. We need secular governments in Muslim majority countries to thrive. To be great places of peace, and success, and freedom, and opportunity. It's obviously possible.

--

"Muslim women wear the headscarf willingly and proudly." I don't deny that some do and I think they should be free to do so. Now please defend forcing it on the women who would rather not wear the veil.

--

Is the 'west' poisoned with the idea that Islam is evil? Now who is painting with a broad brush? :P Certainly some are. Many Conservatives in America, obviously. You'd have a hard time convincing me that liberals are poisoned in this way given that they can't wait to shout 'Islamophobia!' and 'Bigot!' at every opportunity. I can't speak for the politics of Europe, but it is surely less widespread there than it is in America.

Is the 'west' really at fault here? They aren't blameless, but this is another meme that is so overblown. Wahabism and Salafism didn't start in America friend. And the most basic fact of the matter is that if the Quran didn't have shitty verses in it, none of this other stuff would matter. Thomas Jefferson created his own version of the bible without the miracles and supernatural bullshit, because he didn't believe in them. Muslims should show as much bravery and fix the source material - that will be the biggest step forward we can take.

--

Do Christians do evil things too? Absolutely. Their opposition to stem cell research alone cost people countless injuries and deaths (Muslims don't oppose stem cell research, and the few that do don't do so on religious grounds). The most conservative among them are anti-science, anti-reason, anti-progress, and a whole host of other things that I wish they weren't. It just so happens that this thread is about France, and the attack was Jihadist, so Christianity didn't come up.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Seems about right.

Its not the Syrian refugees that did this. Its the terrorists that were funded by the french government. But sure, keep attacking the wrong people, thats what the government propaganda machine wants you to do.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

And what is "reality"? Is this tragic and brutal event not real, did it not happen? Is this killer's decision to run over people, not part of reality? Was his tought proces that result in this conclusion, influenced by some extra-dimensional thing?

Humans who are part of reality, have morals, therefore morals are part of reality.

The world is not chaotic and unforgiving, else we wont be talking on a game forum now, but probably dying in some ditch. You guys choose to look only on the bad sides (while at the same time saying there are no good/bad sides ??). All that primordial brutality is fought with civilization and overcome with civilizational moral norms.

btw, the terrorist was reasoning with the same nihilistic ideas, while running over people: these people have no intrinsic value, they are just guilty infidels and I'm allowed to kill them since there are no morals or morals dont apply for me.... Think about it -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 15, 2016, 1:46:22 PM
"
Antnee wrote:
Nihilism is utterly worthless, and not nearly as deep as ya'll seem to think it is.

I'm sure it makes for a wonderful road towards depression, or something.

Spoiler
it's fun for a thought exercise, but beyond that not very compelling.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info