Chat Improvements in 2.3.2

timestamp and shaded colours 4 years after the game went live and this is news and cheered as chat improvements...are you serious ?

how about particle control minion tooltips persitent spectre reworked old gems...list is endless

feels like ggg got downsized in staff only explanation for no quality assured server league launches shitty bugs that should have been fixed ( spectre prophecy just one)
cant wait for the amazing new revolutionary new endgame content

what will it be implicit map mods ?

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 16, 2016, 7:17:14 AM
"
MayimChayim wrote:
I agree with many others who said off-line trading would be huge. If you're going to improve chat, it would be nice to have the reply feature so many other games have. When someone whispers me, and I want to whisper the last player who did, I have to type their name. If I'm in two conversations via whisper, it's even more annoying. Something like /r for reply would be great.

Offline trading would be terrible.
It seems that GGG agrees with the majority of players that automated trading just opens up the way to abuse the market (even more...) and only serves to further the "supermarket mentality". Having both players required to interact is much more in the spirit of the game, and exactly how it should be.

The biggest improvement they should make to trading is to implement the poe.trade GUI ingame on a noticeboard (or maybe in a dedicated Sarn market area with fancy stalls).

About replying... you do know about ctrl+enter? To me, typing something like /r seems inefficient.
time to make more chaos!!! :D
If they can just find a way to allow players to sell "intermediate" gear to other players with less engagement that'd be great. I'm thinking of a fixed-price market (no player control on cost) selling leveling gear and less-than-picture-perfect rares that still have some viability. Players could sink a lot of currency into minor gear improvements over time and it would serve as a way for players who don't want to engage in "real" trading to get some solid items. The player would pay a small sum to list it with hope of gaining slightly more from the sale. They would still have to make sure the items they list were something other players may want, as otherwise they would be wasting resources. On the buyer's end, prices would generally be higher than some items of greater market value as a penalty for the reduced engagement. The NPC would keep the majority of profits, so anything really worth selling would be sold in person.

it could:

-be an NPC selling items from your hideout to friends / those coming for other trades.
-Be part of an NPC merchant -run- global player market offering a random assortment of near-level gear to players based on a larger pool of items players have listed. Selects items by rarity, so it won't get flooded by some idiot trying to sell 10,000 well-rolled basic resistance rings. Items for sale would be weighted per player, not per item, to prevent domination by a handful of rich players mass-selling items.

In other words, offline trading may be viable? if you have:

-no control over prices (prevents flipping, deliberate overpricing)
-limited market exposure
-high prices on items sold (the bulk of this value goes to the NPC. Helps prevent it from replacing in-person sales.)
-no sales of currency items.

Probably a terrible idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Note that I don't think POE has an alert system, so I doubt I'll be able to respond to further posts.
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Last edited by Grollip on Jul 16, 2016, 9:33:18 AM
"
Luxiel wrote:
"
pootie3030 wrote:
Maybe this is a dumb question but is there a way to change the time stamp for those of us that aren't in the military?

What are you talking about? That is the main way to write a timestamp in most countries in the world. HH:MM, having the hours be 24h based, intead of that AM/PM nonsense...

It is a almost universal and instantly undertood system... The only country I can remember that doesn't default to this is the USA, which are always out of sync with the rest of the world when it comes to measuring units and notations.

As a member of the most hated country in the world, I have to say this is true. Sadly most of the people in this country create the mentality of a crazy person. Let me provide an appropriate example.

No no rest of the world, Were America, we will use AM/PM, Inches/feet for measurements etc... Its you, "rest of the world" that needs to change to what we do, not us that needs to do what you do.

Living in America is like being constantly surrounded by brainwashed stubborn idiots.

Woo America! Americas the Best! Americas #1! Why? - Because it just is.

I mean, we couldnt even figure out how to Free Health Care so we just made it illegal not to have it. We're brilliant.

Help me! Get me out!

Last edited by TenTonBlue on Jul 16, 2016, 9:48:44 AM
"
Garfunkel wrote:
"
And now remove lab/trials and we have a great game.

Ahah ) Just my thougts !
Do people really have this hard of a time with the Labs? I dont understand what the problem is.
"
Gehinom wrote:
Snarky retort towards the fact that topic wasn't introduced at game's conception.
Demand in passive-aggressive tone to remove big part of the game because of my personal preferences.

Generic response using words to convey the idea of what others have said and feel without actually saying something specific to show how clever and intelligent I am.
"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
Garfunkel wrote:
"
And now remove lab/trials and we have a great game.

Ahah ) Just my thougts !
Do people really have this hard of a time with the Labs? I dont understand what the problem is.

Well, the problem is twofold:

If you don't have a character specifically made for the lab, it can be really tricky. My shadow for example has zero life regen. Makes lab basically impossible. After I figured that out, I leveled a vitality, now it was way better. Same for a movement skill. Try doing it without one. It's possible, sure, but...

The other thing is the time commitment. My friends and I are casual players. Our chars are bad, the gear sucks, and we don't have a clue what we are doing. So the lab takes us anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes. We are working people with wife and kids. So freeing up 90+ minutes for a video game anywhere in my day is kinda hard to do. I basically have to send wife and kids to grandma or something. When I then die to the third Izaro because I fucked something up, I have to do EVERYTHING again. Guess who comes home by then?!?

Checkpoints would solve that problem... We would losse less time if we fucked up.
Are you joking ?

"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
Also a reply function would be good, so you don't have to right click their name etc.

strg + enter automatically uses the last name that messaged you for the answer.

Except for when it doesn't. Could we fix that please? I expect control-enter to reply to the last message, but sometimes it replies to the last person I messaged.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info