Developer Q&A Answers Part 2

On the "logged out if AFK too long" suggestion, I'd hope there are other trade improvements that happen first.

Since the system is so clunky and I can be tied up in lab or high level map when I get asked to trade, I've bypassed much of the problem by having PoE on a second computer with another account, moving what I need to sell via the Guild Stash and listing it on my alt account. This way I can just turn over and trade without leaving the map (although if I'm in the middle of an uber izaro fight, this solution admittedly doesn't help)

Already the auto AFK system kinda messed that up, since if people get AFK message they are already alt-tabbed and looking for another item even though I reply like two seconds later, although leaving a proper AFK message generally helps against that.

If I was to get logged out automatically for being AFK though I'd either need a macro that kept moving me around to prevent me from being logged out (which would defeat the purpose of the system), or I'd have to stop trading on my second account and instead just miss half the sales I would have made since I'm otherwise tied up.

TL;DR fix the trade system rather than trying to fix the symptoms of a bad trade system.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
"
In an upcoming patch there's support for differentiating between Identified and Unidentified items (which is useful with a certain unique cloak). We do plan to add functionality over time, but haven't got any firm plans currently for what features and when. It's a great area to improve.

Any chance you can make Warband items drop ID'd at the same time? Manually going through up to 50+ items on the ground to ID every base item relating to the Warband in question is just frustrating.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
TRUMP 2016 YOLO FOURTWENTY BLAZE IT
IGN : FourTwenty_Yolo_BlazeIt
Twitch : www.Twitch.tv/187RIPgaming
"We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness and harmony." -Donald J. Trump
"
Are we going to expect new legacy items in the future?

Inevitably, yes. While we don't specifically set out to create them, changes to unique items happen and these generally create legacy items. We view this as a positive thing for the game, because it rewards people for playing now rather than later.

Jesus, were you chuckling away to yourself while you wrote that considering the shit you pulled with Voltaxic / Consuming dark?
I love it how my question about something that is relevant and easy to answer was skipped altogether.
Hey could it be possible to make the HUD of the game more customizable? As in the ability to go back to previous versions, or at least some HUD scaling options for higher resolutions.
thanks guys for your answers, interesting!
(which is useful with a certain unique cloak)
"
I definitely agree this is a problem. While it's cool to have powerful uniques available, there are issues if they cause players to stop looking at rares. We have plans, though. The introduction of new base types over time and some experimental league mechanics coming up in future leagues may spur a resurgence of awesome rare crafting :-)

So the answer to power creep is more power creep?

Edit: Its actually more like "power avalanche" instead of "power creep".
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Jul 13, 2016, 3:50:54 AM
Really nice Q&A. As a french native it's always amazing to learn new words and expressions, plus love to get infos about future content <3
Doot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info