Developer Q&A Answers Part 2

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Can I someone explain the last one to me about hearing a sound in the distance?!?
I have no idea what he is talking about.

I believe that was from Darkshrines league, could be wrong though. But I vaguely remember having that pop up when vending sacrificing some rare items.

If you put two maps into the map device(either in the hideout or in solaris) and click activate it will sometimes write the line "you hear a sound in the distance" Nobody knows if it has any meaning/does anything or there's some hidden mechanic still not discovered by the community (could be the opening of a secret area, a secret mob/boss spawning, or something else entirely) and it could be nothing at all. :)
Cloaks confirmed!
Looking forward to part 3.
"
Vigen wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Can I someone explain the last one to me about hearing a sound in the distance?!?
I have no idea what he is talking about.

I believe that was from Darkshrines league, could be wrong though. But I vaguely remember having that pop up when vending sacrificing some rare items.

If you put two maps into the map device(either in the hideout or in solaris) and click activate it will sometimes write the line "you hear a sound in the distance" Nobody knows if it has any meaning/does anything or there's some hidden mechanic still not discovered by the community (could be the opening of a secret area, a secret mob/boss spawning, or something else entirely) and it could be nothing at all. :)

Ah yeah that's it! Thank you.

I guess the association with darkshrines comes from hearing about it during that league. xD
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Crafting options to make a rare item a part of a set, which would lead to set gear being changable without any stagnation.
There I fixed your issue with set items GGG. Tal Rasha when?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0
"
Chris wrote:
Is there ever going to be rewards for lifetime race points as mentioned in the past, or has that idea been dropped?

We've dropped this idea, sorry.

Whelp, there goes any motivation I had to Race...

That was the one thing I looked forward to the most.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
TyrantLeto wrote:
Crafting options to make a rare item a part of a set, which would lead to set gear being changable without any stagnation.
There I fixed your issue with set items GGG. Tal Rasha when?

Personally if I was going to do sets in path of exile, I'd do it based on gear base types. That way uniques could be set with rares. What is the bonus of the set? Well, probably just a flat increase in stats on whatever is based on the set (e.g. wearing all the top tier armour, gives you armour, top tier evasion gives you evasion, etc). I don't think that the sets should give you any offensive stats though, because that would probably make the sets too powerful and desirable.

Why are my set ideas so limiting? Because I'm trying to make it flexible with the unique/rare paradigm without making sets the only solution.
"
"
"Action RPG with a deep item system, and so we've worked for basically our entire working lives to create that. This is all worthwhile every time we see someone come up with a cool build idea or post an item that they are really proud of. That feeling that the player feels is why we made Path of Exile."

How about the feeling when you are searching for an item and finally found one that would be an upgrade to your build? Then you message them and they are afk, blocked you, or are logged off? Our feelings don't count though, right?

You make an interesting point about feelings and having been blocked by someone. I've never been blocked by anyone (to the best of my knowledge), probably because I've never hurt anyone's feelings in game.

So if you're blocked then it's quite possible you've decided someone else's feelings don't count though. Right?
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Chris, Between me and you, can you confirm that seeing how hated/disliked lab content was, you guys Dev decided to make Uber lab's treasure chest a big Lootfest so people's last emotion doing lab would be satisfaction, from loot, instead of displeasure of actually running the lab, Satisfaction which they would associate to lab in general.

Or conversely for people who aren't playing the current meta, leave them with a sour taste in their mouths after seeing the loot explosion in youtube videos because they're never going to get their self-built character through the uber labyrinth unless they sell out to the meta.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Disappointed that my question on corrupted areas in maps wasn't addressed. Maybe in part 3.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info