Name the first video game that got you into video game as a kid

Super Mario World

classic
S L O W E R
I had played my cousins NES quite a bit, he had a bunch of different games (castlevanias, turtles games, mario, etc). But the first 4 games I ever owned (with a SNES) were Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Turtles In Time, Super Castlevania 4, and Super Mario World, My favorite out of those, was Super Ghouls and Ghosts, used to scare the crap out of me.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Probably Mario Land and Tetris.

"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
Mystic Quest (1991) on Game Boy (Final Fantasy Adventure in the US, Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden in Japan). I played other games before (first games were probably Prince of Persia, Golden Axe on an old computer at a friend's house), but that game was the first one I played a lot and really got me into RPG's.

Screenshot

That game blew me away as a kid, far more impressive than everything else I've played before.

My Aunt got me grinding for her in Final Fantasy 8, spurred my love of JRPG's and grinding in general.
"
My Aunt got me grinding for her in Final Fantasy 8, spurred my love of JRPG's and grinding in general.

I liked the military feel of VIII
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I played a lot of Wolf 3-d when I had a 286, and CD-Man (Pacman variation)
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
My memory's a bit fuzzy, but I think it would have been a combination of Castle Wolfenstein and Lode Runner on the Apple II.
10th birthday, i still remember the day, we had bought a PC like 2-3 months ago, and i was mostly watching my brother playing random games, one of those was Heroes Of Might and Magic 2, witch somewhat had caught my attention (i could barely understand english by that time- not native speaker). So on my birthday and while my english understanding was getting better and better my brother said to me "Heroes Of Might and Magic 3 : Restoration of Erathia is out, ask for it", and thats when i asked my dad to buy me that game.

I still remember the countless hours i spent reading and re-reading the game's manual, comparing every monster's stats and abilities, making tiers of which monster is best in slot, building strategies, admiring the CD art (Solmyr was on it), no kidding i was ecstatic i genuinely couldnt be happier, and i can say for certain that HoMM3 was the game that literally sucked me completely into the gaming world only to be followed weeks shortly after from The Curse of Monkey Island which simply finished the deal.

Before that i was playing a lot of other staff, mostly arcade like metal slug, contra, atari's tanks mario, duck hunt, many gameboy games, etc but HoMM3 was the real deal for me and definately im very happy a diamond like that left such a huge mark on me.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
It's really hard to remember now but I believe it was Duck Hunt with that "light gun" controller.
God, I hated this EVIL dog SO MUCH that I've played again and again just to show him that I'm a cool hunter and he shouldn't laugh at me xD
Good times.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
Last edited by DigitalCage on Aug 1, 2016, 4:05:38 PM
I played a few different games here and there at friends houses but my grandmother sheltered me pretty hard so i didnt have any consoles. It wasnt until i moved in with my mom and step dad and they got me a computer. The game that really got me into playing video games was Unreal Tournament.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info