Name the first video game that got you into video game as a kid

Pong.

I am old. =-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Pac Man clone for my brothers ZX Spectrum

Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Some soccer simulator on the c64. But the real deal began with the Mega Drive and some weird crystal-tetris-clone, don't know the name now.

@Ray: Nah, you are just awesome ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
ghamadvar wrote:

@Ray: Nah, you are just awesome ;)

Awww, thanks! I actually used to play mechanical (as opposed to digital) arcade games as a kid. Loved "The Red Baron" and some submarine game I played back in the Stone Age. Had a screen in the cabinet back-lit through multiple transparencies which projected quasi-animated images (almost like shadow-puppets, but in detailed color), and pretty good sound effects, too! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Pong.

I am old. =-[.]-=

Space Invaders was better :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Pong.

I am old. =-[.]-=

Playing with a stick and a rock by the river was better.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Pong.

I am old. =-[.]-=

I played that, too, later on. =^[.]^=
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Pong.

I am old. =-[.]-=

I played that, too, later on. =^[.]^=

This makes me curious about how old the typical POE player is?

personally I think the average POE player is an old fan of Diablo 1-2 which make most of us over 20 close 30s
I didn't get fully into gaming with the first games I played,it wasn't until I came across games like Meglomania (Atari,Amiga) and Supremacy(C64,MSX) I got more into them.
^ ooooh Mega-lo-mania!! Fond memories and great game!

btw personally I'm almost 44, but I believe I'm older than most PoE players...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info