Name the first video game that got you into video game as a kid

Mystic Quest (1991) on Game Boy (Final Fantasy Adventure in the US, Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden in Japan). I played other games before (first games were probably Prince of Persia, Golden Axe on an old computer at a friend's house), but that game was the first one I played a lot and really got me into RPG's.

Screenshot

Also, "Lakers vs. Celtics" (1989) was probably the first video game I ever saw someone playing when I was like 4. Well, at least it's the oldest memory I have of video games.

Screenshot
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jul 9, 2016, 7:24:31 PM
^ FF Adventure was sick, I had it too. It was like a perfect mix of ff and Zelda. Then we got secret of mana a few years late rand that was amazing too.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Think it was Bubble Bobble for Commodore 64, or Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Up until The Bard's Tale I've never been that interested in video games, but when our parents bought us an Amiga, a friend of mine gave me a pirated copy of The Bard's Tale, and made our parents regret their decision for years to come.
(They had heard somewhere that kids these days needed a computer, for schoolstuff ...)

I didn't know anything about it, and never played a game like that before (a "role-playing game"), but soon found out that unless you want to get lost over and over again you have to draw maps. In the end (after several months of obsessive playing) I had a thick wad of paper that I didn't need because I have run through all the dungeons so often that I knew my way by heart.

The thing is, you navigated by cursor keys, and by tapping the appropriate cursor keys you could set your course in advance.
So it went like this: up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-left-up-up-up-up-left-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-right-up-up-up-right-up-up-up-left-up-up-up
That is roughly what you had to do to get from the guild (your starting point) to the main plaza.

If not for loading screens I could have set the course from the guild to the final boss in his 5 storey tower, avoiding traps, spinners, teleports and all. That's how obsessed I was.

Still in awe, over 25 years later, over my accomplishment. The most useless, pointless accomplishment of my life but the one that fills me with the most amazement. Like, wow, I did that, that was SOMETHING.

lel.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

lel.

Peace,

-Boem-

Doritos are Illuminati confirmed.

Let's stop the globalist plot for the (((One World Government)))! And the whole chemtrail thing too.

We need more dank games.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 10, 2016, 11:57:12 AM
FarCry or Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 forget which I played first.
Git R Dun!
Megaman X
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info