[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
ThunderFluff wrote:
Just reached lv90 last night in ESC!

just under 2k int. 7.7k es. 5k average damage tooltip with conc.

Here's my current tree.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAQHDkgQWBEtEZYXLxmKGjgajxzcHRQdqh8CIvQksClPKjgsnC2oL282xTdHPV9FR0ZxTLNOUlIpUlNV1lXgVkhXDVhaWfNcil3yXypfal-wYlpmVGaeaFhoZWusbAttGW-ecLtyD3Kpe9d-WX5sf8aApIDggpuDCYP3hMWFe4nYj0aP-pBVkiuTJ5RvlwaXlZf0mzCbtZ7Nn8uhL6UYpwinMKyqr5uxkLQMtQS-gL6KwGbBxcM6xKLKSsrT0B_Q0NIh1abXateW2CTZE9-Y4YjkIuoY6-Tr7uwY7Djv6_Ob89322vcy-Ov53frS-wn9AP5J?accountName=ThunderFluff&characterName=LetMeHearYouShout

I dropped one of the 4% reservation nodes in order to reserve more of my mana to push my ES a bit higher. I'm sitting at 181 unreserved mana with a lv19 clarity. It feels very comfortable to play.

Here's my current gear. I bought a 6% int black sun crest and got stupid lucky with a divine.

Spoiler

Bless your shav bro, for 3% extra spell dmg :)
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
"
ThunderFluff wrote:
Just reached lv90 last night in ESC!

just under 2k int. 7.7k es. 5k average damage tooltip with conc.

I dropped one of the 4% reservation nodes in order to reserve more of my mana to push my ES a bit higher. I'm sitting at 181 unreserved mana with a lv19 clarity. It feels very comfortable to play.

Happy to hear its going well for you.

I really like that you played around with your aura setup. Thats a real common question and its good that you can figure out when its best to move things around and drop reservation nodes

That is a fiine helmet. Lucky lucky divine
Im sitting at 7.7k ES 6.5k Tooltip with conc effect, with 7 auras. And im thinking about dropping Cold pen and addind Cold To fire cause it helps with quilibrium and i have an insane jewel with 16% Fire 14% Cold and 10% Area.

What do you think about it?
"
Lookmomimcool wrote:
Im sitting at 7.7k ES 6.5k Tooltip with conc effect, with 7 auras. And im thinking about dropping Cold pen and addind Cold To fire cause it helps with quilibrium and i have an insane jewel with 16% Fire 14% Cold and 10% Area.

That will drastically lower your DPS. Cold penetration is the biggest damage gem that we use and bosses have high resistances and piecing some of that results in more damage then the other supports give

Not sure what you mean by quilibrium but if your talking about elemental equilibrium then adding cold to fire doesn't change anything, instead of having +50% cold resistance they would then be getting +50 cold resistance and +50 fire resistance as your storm would have both damage sources in it and your damage would be decreased the same amount. Actually no your damage would be even lower because their resistances would go up as well as losing the penetration
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Lookmomimcool wrote:

That will drastically lower your DPS. Cold penetration is the biggest damage gem that we use and bosses have high resistances and piecing some of that results in more damage then the other supports give

Not sure what you mean by quilibrium but if your talking about elemental equilibrium then adding cold to fire doesn't change anything, instead of having +50% cold resistance they would then be getting +50 cold resistance and +50 fire resistance as your storm would have both damage sources in it and your damage would be decreased the same amount. Actually no your damage would be even lower because their resistances would go up as well as losing the penetration

Gave it a shot and changed my colors. I can hit 15k Tooltip with conc effect and that jewel. Dropping 37% cold pen seems worth to me. Ill use it for a bit and see what is better. I thought about equilibrium cause if i hit it with fire it lowers their cold res and vice versa. But i think you are right cause both sources of dmg apply at the same time.

Edit: I dont pick up ele equlibrium notable..Just the mod on maps
Last edited by Lookmomimcool on Nov 2, 2016, 10:15:22 AM
Yeah I didn't think you were taking the notable but yeah if your skill has 2 elements then they just get both bonus resistances.

Cold penetration doesn't show up in tooltip at all as it can't calculate that without knowing how much resistance the enemy has. Only the quality bonus (% cold damage) from cold pen will show up in tooltip so putting in pretty much any other gem will increase the tooltip. It won't increase your actual damage against bosses though, it'll lower that
Last edited by WaffleT on Nov 2, 2016, 10:24:14 AM
Cold penetration is one of those support gems that are invisible from the tooltip, but it is actually an insane damage multiplier. At worst, against enemies with 0% cold resist, you can think of cold penetration as a 37% 'more' multiplier.

Now imagine you're in a map with a +80% cold resist mod. This support gem essentially becomes a 185% 'more' multiplier. In other words, you would be doing 185% more damage than if you did not have this gem.

here's more info on resistance penetration: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance_penetration
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on Nov 3, 2016, 8:24:17 PM
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
Cold penetration is one of those support gems that are invisible from the tooltip, but it is actually an insane damage multiplier. At worst, against enemies with 0% cold resist, you can think of cold penetration as a 37% 'more' multiplier.

Now imagine you're in a map with a +80% cold resist mod. This support gem essentially becomes a 185% 'more' multiplier. In other words, you would be doing 185% more damage than if you did not have this gem.

here's more info on resistance penetration: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance_penetration

Ye i tested it out with the other set up (Cold to fire) and even tho my tooltip is higher the dmg on bosses (especially with ele equilibrium mod) is MUCH lower. I guess you were right guys.

Another thing is How can OP reach 10k es with those items. Im sitting at 7.7k with rare gloves with 200es. I was at 6.8k with the unique ones. Since im going for 125/125 on atlas i find it hard to do the guardians with so little es. Any tips on that?
Last edited by Lookmomimcool on Nov 5, 2016, 8:27:59 AM
"
Lookmomimcool wrote:
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:

Ye i tested it out with the other set up (Cold to fire) and even tho my tooltip is higher the dmg on bosses (especially with ele equilibrium mod) is MUCH lower. I guess you were right guys.

Another thing is How can OP reach 10k es with those items. Im sitting at 7.7k with rare gloves with 200es. I was at 6.8k with the unique ones. Since im going for 125/125 on atlas i find it hard to do the guardians with so little es. Any tips on that?

set your characters tab to public so we can take a look at it
"
Lookmomimcool wrote:

What's your aura setup look like? The more mana you reserve, the more ES you get from Guardian's Radiant Faith.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info