[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

hmmm that seems like a preference thing, its a fair trade.
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
@WaffleT
For the skyforth tree, what do you think about:
-dropping the armour nodes & jewel socket - 5 points for 54 INT and 16% armour

and spending the 5 points on:
-Faith and Steel(2pts) - 28% armour, 15% inc ES, 8% all res
-Thief's Craft(3pts) - 40 INT

So you'd be losing:
14 INT = 28 INT = 10.26% dmg and ~3 flat ES

to gain:
+12% armour, +8% all res
-14 INT = 28 INT = -5.6% inc ES
+15% in ES = +9.4% net inc ES

Yeah seems pretty comparable. That looks better unless that 28 Int gives you the mana you need to run a particular aura setup and still have enough mana to cast storm. If losing that 28 Int lowers you down below a multiple of 100 then you lose icestorm duration as well which could be a consideration
"
foojin wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Can an expert check me out on Doneone please and make any suggestions on what i may be doing wrong?
Wrong side of 60 and usually make some mistakes.
2,200 int and 6290 damage buffed in HO at lvl90 seem ok or a little low?
Thanks a lot, enjoying build so far.

- Why pick the int node next to zealots? I would respec it into agility (dex node above) if the jewel on top reaches it.
- Primal Spirit?
- Arcane Vision?
- Personal pref: Foresight (damage is fine and more ES is always good, I think these two points offer good value).

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQQHDXwOSBBYES0RlhcvGYoaOBqPG8gdFB2qHwIfGCL0JLApTyo4LJwtqC9vNj02xTdHPV9FR0ZxTLNOUlBCUftSKVJTVeBWSFhaWfNcil3yXypfal-wYlpmVGaeaFhrrGwLbRltbG-ecLtyD3Kpe9d-WX_GgKSCm4MJg_eExYV7idiMNo9Gj_qQVZIrkyeUb5cGl5WX9Ju1oS-iLqUYpwisqq-bsZC0DLUEtUi3aL6AvorAZsHFwzrEospKytPNFs_d0B_Q0NWm15bYJNkT2t3fmOGI44TkIuq66-TsGOw477zv6_GK9tr53frS-wn9AP5J

Man I wish I had those gloves or boots heh. Like a dream setup.

Thanks alot for your input - appreciated.
Playing around with various gems as suggested and have got what i think is optimal now.
Putting a fertile mind into that suggested Agility slot is ok but i need an extra 12 dex so an Emperor's wit goes there.
I am using the extra points to get to the gem slot just below Mind over Matter if that makes sense? If not please offer a different solution.
Because i have a few unused slots in my gear i am considering a high CWDT setup, what would be the tankiest a golem/totem or enduring cry - immortal call whatever?

Inherited all my gear off my son along with a heap of alts so i can't take any credit for anything, only spending almost all his alts lol. He deleted his account for some reason, played for many years though.

Thanks again.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
"
foojin wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Can an expert check me out on Doneone please and make any suggestions on what i may be doing wrong?
Wrong side of 60 and usually make some mistakes.
2,200 int and 6290 damage buffed in HO at lvl90 seem ok or a little low?
Thanks a lot, enjoying build so far.

- Why pick the int node next to zealots? I would respec it into agility (dex node above) if the jewel on top reaches it.
- Primal Spirit?
- Arcane Vision?
- Personal pref: Foresight (damage is fine and more ES is always good, I think these two points offer good value).

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQQHDXwOSBBYES0RlhcvGYoaOBqPG8gdFB2qHwIfGCL0JLApTyo4LJwtqC9vNj02xTdHPV9FR0ZxTLNOUlBCUftSKVJTVeBWSFhaWfNcil3yXypfal-wYlpmVGaeaFhrrGwLbRltbG-ecLtyD3Kpe9d-WX_GgKSCm4MJg_eExYV7idiMNo9Gj_qQVZIrkyeUb5cGl5WX9Ju1oS-iLqUYpwisqq-bsZC0DLUEtUi3aL6AvorAZsHFwzrEospKytPNFs_d0B_Q0NWm15bYJNkT2t3fmOGI44TkIuq66-TsGOw477zv6_GK9tr53frS-wn9AP5J

Man I wish I had those gloves or boots heh. Like a dream setup.

Thanks alot for your input - appreciated.
Playing around with various gems as suggested and have got what i think is optimal now.
Putting a fertile mind into that suggested Agility slot is ok but i need an extra 12 dex so an Emperor's wit goes there.
I am using the extra points to get to the gem slot just below Mind over Matter if that makes sense? If not please offer a different solution.
Because i have a few unused slots in my gear i am considering a high CWDT setup, what would be the tankiest a golem/totem or enduring cry - immortal call whatever?

Inherited all my gear off my son along with a heap of alts so i can't take any credit for anything, only spending almost all his alts lol. He deleted his account for some reason, played for many years though.

Thanks again.

I would not pick those points around MoM since you are still missing arcane vision and primal spirit. If you have anymore free points I would try out Foresight to see how much ES I would get. You are at the point where more damage is really not needed while more ES is always awesome.

CWDT I would go with a high level and link molten shell + enfeeble and probably frost bomb. Enduring cry doesn't work with it.

Looking at your gems I would probably move the vaal disc to your chest (doesn't cost mana so blood magic is ok) and then add lightning warp or flash dash + enduring cry to your boots. That way you have the most important gems. Maybe even swap out enduring cry for reduced duration in maps where you are resist capped so you can warp fast.

Btw please let me know if you have a second pair or atziri's acuity gloves that you don't need, I would really love to try them. Just keep in mind that you could sell them for quite some EX as well...
Thanks foojin , really helpful suggestions. So get rid of Added Cold support in my gloves and put in Frost Bomb along with Enfeeble and Molten Shell and CWDT?
Nice that i can see in indoor maps now - thanks.
Being a total noob i had no idea of the value of those gloves and no i don't have another pair - sorry.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Thanks foojin , really helpful suggestions. So get rid of Added Cold support in my gloves and put in Frost Bomb along with Enfeeble and Molten Shell and CWDT?
Nice that i can see in indoor maps now - thanks.
Being a total noob i had no idea of the value of those gloves and no i don't have another pair - sorry.

No problem, I don't see where \ why you need added cold?

I just got a new belt (4c) + boots (50c) which I hope I didn't pay too much for. Down to zero chaos and ex right now.

Last edited by foojin on Oct 28, 2016, 9:03:28 AM
@EDMOSES If you have added cold because I had one in my gear when I posted the gear that wasn't actually doing anything it was just there getting experience because I wanted a high level one ready for testing things. The gem section of the build is where I talk about the options of what gems are good but fitting them in is more about personal taste so its hard to tell too much

I think is my preference for a CWDT setup is
CWDT (level 20) - Molten shell - Enfeeble - Frost bomb

@foojin
Those boots look worse then sin trek. Since they are not unique they won't be giving you the bonus Int from the signet rings and without that bonus I'm not even sure if they will give more ES and they definitely give less damage. Is it that you feel the need for the cold and chaos resistance they have on them?
"
WaffleT wrote:

@foojin
Those boots look worse then sin trek. Since they are not unique they won't be giving you the bonus Int from the signet rings and without that bonus I'm not even sure if they will give more ES and they definitely give less damage. Is it that you feel the need for the cold and chaos resistance they have on them?

Meh, I did not consider the rings because I was happy to find these kind of boots for that price (others where 1EX+).
"
foojin wrote:

Meh, I did not consider the rings because I was happy to find these kind of boots for that price (others where 1EX+).

They are pretty good boots and not a bad price, I'd certainly be looking at wearing them on other builds :)
"
WaffleT wrote:

Do you manually cast golems too?

it seems to me that other people value golems less than I do but I think chaos golem is insanely good on CWDT. I appreciate it can be a bad thing on Chain maps but it's easy to remove the link for those. Sure golems die fast Vs t16 guardians etc but the CWDT insta re-summon seems valuable to me. I might try frost bomb if I had space or thought I didn't want a golem. Molten shell just seems bad to me. I've never felt it to be impactful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info